Page 32 of 305 FirstFirst ... 2227282930313233343536374282132 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 640 of 6094
  1. #621  
    BTW, Preware has installed over 2400 packages per day from preware.org over the last 10 days, so it must be working ok for some people out there

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2. #622  
    Tring To Install Preware...I Keep Gettin A ERROR No Device Connected Message...Can SOmbody Help
  3. #623  
    Quote Originally Posted by romanmb View Post
    do you have any other modifications installed ? Have you run any scripts yourself?

    Also, did you install virtual keyboard through Quick Install and then try to install it from Preware? Please clarify
    Ok well first I used the common instructions posted witch was open quick install press 3rd button select web os[all] choose package management service then install and then do preware the same way next. Then restart I restarted my phone and preware was there so I launched it and went to patches and selected the keyboard and the I pressed install, the program acts like its installing but then an error box comes up saying error installing and I press ok. Its with anything that preware offers cause I tried to install other apps and the same error comes. 2nd thing I tried was , I deleted preware then I went to quick install again pressed 3rd button selected web os (all) and chose virtual keboard and then install...this way didn't need pweware and still no go.
  4. lxchicoxl's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #624  
    Hello to all I install preware to my pre and I am able to see all the apps. but when I hit a app and try to install an error comes up and it can't install! Can someone out there help me please?

    Thank you
  5. #625  
    Quote Originally Posted by lxchicoxl View Post
    Hello to all I install preware to my pre and I am able to see all the apps. but when I hit a app and try to install an error comes up and it can't install! Can someone out there help me please?

    Thank you
    have u upgraded the package manager service.....not sure if thats ur reason but the service has been updated twice since last night
  6. lxchicoxl's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #626  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    have u upgraded the package manager service.....not sure if thats ur reason but the service has been updated twice since last night
    I just finish installing preware to my pre so I dont know about this upgrade do I do I need to go to re-install this package manager from quick install? thanks to everyone thats helping
  7. #627  
    Quote Originally Posted by lxchicoxl View Post
    I just finish installing preware to my pre so I dont know about this upgrade do I do I need to go to re-install this package manager from quick install? thanks to everyone thats helping
    let me get this str8.....u only installed preware or u know to install the service first and then preware?
  8. lxchicoxl's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #628  
    yeah I fallow the 1-10 instructions from page one! I did everything right I think? I am on my pre right now and I am trying to install the keyboard patch and some of the apps but nothing is installing! I might be doing something wrong?
  9. #629  
    Quote Originally Posted by lxchicoxl View Post
    yeah I fallow the 1-10 instructions from page one! I did everything right I think? I am on my pre right now and I am trying to install the keyboard patch and some of the apps but nothing is installing! I might be doing something wrong?
    try exiting preware and open it again....does it give u the same problem?
  10. lxchicoxl's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #630  
    I just finish re-installing preware again I fallow all the 1-10 instructions! So Max what should I do right now b4 I unplug my USB? please instruct me from this point. Thank you for your help
  11. #631  
    Quote Originally Posted by lxchicoxl View Post
    I just finish re-installing preware again I fallow all the 1-10 instructions! So Max what should I do right now b4 I unplug my USB? please instruct me from this point. Thank you for your help
    u did install the package manager service right?
  12. lxchicoxl's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #632  
    P.S. I tried to download the Virtual keyboard from the service manager and it gave me a error? what should I do? or should the keyboard be on the preware package? again to all the people thats helping me thank you so much for all your help!
  13. lxchicoxl's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #633  
    I did that first
  14. #634  
    Quote Originally Posted by lxchicoxl View Post
    P.S. I tried to download the Virtual keyboard from the service manager and it gave me a error? what should I do? or should the keyboard be on the preware package? again to all the people thats helping me thank you so much for all your help!
    Ok this is what you have to do....uninstall preware...and if u have the package manager service uninstall that too....not go plug ur pre to ur pc and open Quick install now the same way u installed preware....i want u to first download and install Package manager service....when thats done then i want u to download and install preware...then when thats done i want u to do a soft reboot...and it should be working now
  15. lxchicoxl's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #635  
    uninstalling everything from my pre? even though I am still plug to my laptop can I just deleted the preware app n the serive manager from the pre?

    when I soft reset my pre, do I need to do the upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart? by the way my pre is still hook up up my laptop now! should safely unplug the pre b4 I soft reset?
  16. #636  
    Quote Originally Posted by lxchicoxl View Post
    when I soft reset my pre, do I need to do the upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart? by the way my pre is still hook up up my laptop now! should safely unplug the pre b4 I soft reset?
    if u want to take off developer mode on thats ur choice....it doesnt matter but if u do take off developer mode ur gonna have to w8 for it to reboot again.....for now to c if it works...just soft reboot meaning press orange+sym+R and w8 for it to boot up and open preware again
  17. #637  
    Quote Originally Posted by lxchicoxl View Post
    P.S. I tried to download the Virtual keyboard from the service manager and it gave me a error? what should I do? or should the keyboard be on the preware package? again to all the people thats helping me thank you so much for all your help!
    I got the same thing last night, I had it working last week but uninstalled it all in hopes of 1.2. But no dice. Now I think I am just going to wait for the new quick installer.
  18. jbc28's Avatar
    Posts
    149 Posts
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    #638  
    Can someone give me an *****'s guide to updating the package service manager? I have webOS quick install installed on my laptop, but this is all really new to me.


    EDIT..nevermind I figured it out.
    Last edited by jbc28; 09/13/2009 at 12:11 PM.
  19. lxchicoxl's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #639  
    Max it worked !!! thank you very much! Now how do I get the virtual keyboard from preware? do I just hit the patch for keyboard on my pre and it should just updated from phone? or do I have to go back to quick install and just download from there and install?
  20. #640  
    Quote Originally Posted by lxchicoxl View Post
    Max it worked !!! thank you very much! Now how do I get the virtual keyboard from preware? do I just hit the patch for keyboard on my pre and it should just updated from phone? or do I have to go back to quick install and just download from there and install?
    u should be able to install the keyboard from Preware or quick install...ive only done it thru Preware but go ahead and choose urself

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions