Page 305 of 305 FirstFirst ... 205255295300301302303304305
Results 6,081 to 6,094 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoove09 View Post
    If we plan on using WOSQI for anything, will we still need the Package Manager Service for that or does the version built into Preware still handle those packages?
    The Preware 1.x installation continues to set everything up as needed by WOSQI. There's no way we'd hassle our mate Jason like that.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 05/09/2010 at 08:43 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Can anyone duplicate my problem? Install 0.9.56 via USB then update to 1.0 via Alpha and after the update finishes, reboot, then remove 0.9.56 Alpha and voila- all but 3 feeds are now gone? And is only showing 15 available packages?
    Last edited by smknutson; 05/09/2010 at 07:40 PM.
    A quick observation and is probably normal and expected but I wanted to post anyways just in case. Upgrading from 0.9.99 to 1.0 preware prompts indicating that it has to install package manager service 0.9.46. As the last step of the install process it will remove it. I'm assuming this is occurring because 1.0 is expecting to update from versions prior to 0.9.99, and because 0.9.99 removed the service in that update 1.0 is expecting the service to be there to remove? I hope that makes sense.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by smknutson View Post
    Can anyone duplicate my problem? Install 0.9.56 via USB then update to 1.0 via Alpha and after the update finishes, reboot, then remove 0.9.56 Alpha and voila- all but 3 feeds are now gone? And is only showing 15 available packages?
    Hmm. You really need to keep up to date if you're using alpha versions. If you'd updated to a later alpha, it would not have removed the feeds on uninstall.

At this point, you'll need to reinstall Preware 1.x

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Hmm. You really need to keep up to date if you're using alpha versions. If you'd updated to a later alpha, it would not have removed the feeds on uninstall.

At this point, you'll need to reinstall Preware 1.x

-- Rod
    Well I have tried, I skipped 0.9.8 just because it advised not to update as its an alpha version. And its kindof hard to get anything more up-to-date when the latest file to download to computer is still 0.9.56 from get.preware.org...
    It also didn't say anything about updating to save the feeds.
    Looks like ill be running 0.9.56 until 1.0 shows up.
    I updated to Preware 1.0 and i have the same testing feeds as before. Is preware alpha moved to new feeds. i have the all and armv7 testing also the kernel feeds. is there a new one?

thanks for all of you work guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by buddytammy View Post
    I updated to Preware 1.0 and i have the same testing feeds as before. Is preware alpha moved to new feeds. i have the all and armv7 testing also the kernel feeds. is there a new one?
    There is no new Preware Alpha, as it became Preware 1.0.0

-- Rod
    Is there a different location to dl 1.0 from?
    Quote Originally Posted by smknutson View Post
    Is there a different location to dl 1.0 from?
    See http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...eware-1-x.html

-- Rod
    There is no new Preware Alpha, as it became Preware 1.0.0

-- Rod
    thanks Rod.
    The Preware 1.x installation continues to set everything up as needed by WOSQI. There's no way we'd hassle our mate Jason like that.

-- Rod
    Awesome!!! Thank you.

I have an issue. I have downloaded Preware 1.0 running on Sprint Pre webOS 1.4.1.1. I am trying to remove my current theme. It gets stuck at the "removing" screen (see attachment). Preware does not freeze and it does not give me any errors. It just spins. It doesn't display actions (underneith the word removing) like usual either. Any idea why this is happening and what I can do to remove the theme?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoove09 View Post
    Awesome!!! Thank you.

I have an issue. I have downloaded Preware 1.0 running on Sprint Pre webOS 1.4.1.1. I am trying to remove my current theme. It gets stuck at the "removing" screen (see attachment). Preware does not freeze and it does not give me any errors. It just spins. It doesn't display actions (underneith the word removing) like usual either. Any idea why this is happening and what I can do to remove the theme?
    i deleted my theme over the weekend - green glow if you care - i cannot get it to re-load , when i try to use the themer in webos qi it says that the prethemer feed is not available -- is there an issue with this feed? is this even the right place to ask this question?
    thanks
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i deleted my theme over the weekend - green glow if you care - i cannot get it to re-load , when i try to use the themer in webos qi it says that the prethemer feed is not available -- is there an issue with this feed? is this even the right place to ask this question?
    thanks
    WOSQI questions should be directed to Jason Robitaille in his forum thread for that program. Its here. He can help you figure that out. This thread is for Preware. Side note: Prethemer feed is working in Preware and its a great program (in case you haven't used it). :-D
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    Preware 1.x has been released. See http://bit.ly/preware-1 for more information.

If you are having any problems with Preware 0.9.x, you should upgrade to Preware 1.x first, and then if you can reproduce your problem in Preware 1.x you should report it in the Preware 1.x thread at http://bit.ly/preware-1

Preware 0.9.x has had a good run. It's now time to put it to bed and use Preware 1.x instead

-- Rod