Page 304 of 305 FirstFirst ... 204254294299300301302303304305 LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,080 of 6094
  1. #6061  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    do we need to uninstall Preware Alpha?
    You do not need to, but you should choose to once you're sure everything is working well.

    -- Rod
  2. #6062  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The upgrade process is designed to do this automatically. That is the key thing which is being tested in 0.9.99 ...

    -- Rod
    Cool beans. I upgraded and double check to make sure package manager service wasn't installed and all is good it was removed. So far everything is running nicely. I opened it up to see look at the app list after upgrading to see if there was anything new of interest as a test to compare the experience to previous versions. It may be just a placebo effect but I think the app icons load quicker when viewing the all list in apps.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  3. imex99's Avatar
    Posts
    634 Posts
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    #6063  
    Rated Preware for you guys: http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/preware

    Great works as always!!!


    Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

    #WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
  4. #6064  
    I updated to the new Preware last night and now I get an error everytime I try to install a theme. I have tryed several themes and after they download, I get the error.
  5. #6065  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You do not need to, but you should choose to once you're sure everything is working well.

    -- Rod
    Shouldn't we keep it to test out new features after 1.0?
  6. #6066  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    Shouldn't we keep it to test out new features after 1.0?
    After 1.0, Preware Alpha is likely to be a testing vehicle for a complete rearchitecture, so unless you're involved in developing that you probably won't want to be using it.

    -- Rod
  7. #6067  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    After 1.0, Preware Alpha is likely to be a testing vehicle for a complete rearchitecture, so unless you're involved in developing that you probably won't want to be using it.

    -- Rod
    Thanks for the update. I think people who were willing to test Preware alpha previously would be willing to test out the rearchitecture, but maybe thats just me.
  8. #6068  
    I'm wondering if someone can tell me what I needed to do to fix this error. I've went over to webosinternals and followed the steps to put the testing feeds into my preware and got this error. I've removed the testing feed and rekeyed it several times with the same error. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! (and apologies if this was answered elsewhere.)
    --------
    Failure during 'update' operation
    Collected errors.ipkg_download:
    ERROR: Command failed with return value 1: 'wget --passive-ftp -q -P /media/cryptofs/aps/usr/lib/ipkg/tmp/ipkg-f4OQdh
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....gz',wget: server returned error:HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
  9. #6069  
    Quote Originally Posted by TazzyKC View Post
    I'm wondering if someone can tell me what I needed to do to fix this error. I've went over to webosinternals and followed the steps to put the testing feeds into my preware and got this error. I've removed the testing feed and rekeyed it several times with the same error. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! (and apologies if this was answered elsewhere.)
    --------
    Failure during 'update' operation
    Collected errors.ipkg_download:
    ERROR: Command failed with return value 1: 'wget --passive-ftp -q -P /media/cryptofs/aps/usr/lib/ipkg/tmp/ipkg-f4OQdh
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....gz',wget: server returned error:HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
    Typo in the URL.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  10. #6070  
    Hey rwhitby,

    I just updated my preware to v0.9.38 along with updating package manager services to v0.9.46. My question is how come my patches are now longer showing up under installed packages? Only the uber kernel and package manager show up there. It used to show all patches installed there. Its like preware doesn't even recognize my installed patches.
    - Skinneejay -
  11. #6071  
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    Hey rwhitby,

    I just updated my preware to v0.9.38 along with updating package manager services to v0.9.46. My question is how come my patches are now longer showing up under installed packages? Only the uber kernel and package manager show up there. It used to show all patches installed there. Its like preware doesn't even recognize my installed patches.
    Strange. Try the Emergency Reconstruction Utility and see if they all return.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  12. #6072  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Strange. Try the Emergency Reconstruction Utility and see if they all return.

    -- Rod
    That seemed to work. Thank you!
    Now it shows an update to preware 0.9.99!

    WooHoo..
    - Skinneejay -
  13. #6073  
    help. My webos feed seems broken, so I'm not getting any preware updates. Any way of fixing that without reinstallingreware? Could I just add a new feed with the webos url? How would I do that?
  14. #6074  
    Hello, everyone. I 've just signed up with a new phone carrier and I now have the Palm Pixi. I've been doing so much reading about the going ons of this phone that I feel my head will burst. I was hoping to change the icons that I have on my phone so I looked up themes and came across this site. Pixi is able to use this Preware, or am I wrong?

    I have no idea how to go about downloading it nor installing it for fear that I'll break this new phone. I was hoping to have access to screensavers and such like my old phone. I know I must sound silly and most likely it's due to the lack of sleep I've been experiencing since I signed on with this new phone service. Is there anyone who would be so kind as to direct me in the right direction?

    Even if you direct me towards more articles or tutorials ... anything will do. I'm so frustrated at this point because I feel like I'm reading in circles. I bought the phone so I could have good access to the Internet but I was hoping that it was more versatile than just messaging and emailing, you know? If you could help out this country bumpkin it will be most appreciated. I'm sorry to bother you all with my silly questions.

    ~Fiusha.
  15. #6075  
    You first need to install webOS quick install onto your computer. Use this link to find out what it is and how to install is [url] or search webos quick install v3.12 for it. Once you have installed quick install, you will be able to download preware on to your phone, you then can use preware on the phone to install themes. Hope this helps. I have sent the link in a pm since you won't be able to see it yet
    Last edited by pip smith; 05/09/2010 at 11:22 AM.
  16. #6076  
    I'm having a problem PERMANENTLY deleting feeds in Preware. I made up a name I would understand for testing feeds and also mis-typed a letter in the address. I've swiped and deleted the feed, but every time I restart Preware, It shows up again. It's off, so it's not a big deal, but I'd just like to get rid of it for good. Any ideas as to how to do this? I don't want to have to delete Preware and re-install it.
  17. #6077  
    After upgrading from 0.9.56 to 0.9.99 I have lost ALL feeds except webos-kernels and the two webos-testing feeds. Anyway to repair them or am I forced to reinstall preware?
    ?
  18. #6078  
    On what testing feed can we get preware alpha. i had it and then i has to doctor and i lost it.
  19. #6079  
    Quote Originally Posted by stashu11 View Post
    I'm having a problem PERMANENTLY deleting feeds in Preware. I made up a name I would understand for testing feeds and also mis-typed a letter in the address. I've swiped and deleted the feed, but every time I restart Preware, It shows up again. It's off, so it's not a big deal, but I'd just like to get rid of it for good. Any ideas as to how to do this? I don't want to have to delete Preware and re-install it.
    Enable the feed, then delete it.

    That known issue is listed on the Preware Homepage.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  20. #6080  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    By clicking on upgrade does the upgrade process remove package manager service or will we need to remove it manually after upgrading?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The upgrade process is designed to do this automatically. That is the key thing which is being tested in 0.9.99 ...

    -- Rod
    If we plan on using WOSQI for anything, will we still need the Package Manager Service for that or does the version built into Preware still handle those packages?
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

    Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions