Page 302 of 305 FirstFirst ... 202252292297298299300301302303304305 LastLast
Results 6,021 to 6,040 of 6094
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    no i left the others on so i could get updates -- the palm catalog feed being turned off seems to speed up loading and i really don't look for aps too often mostly patches
    Thanks much. That did the trick nicely!
    Rgds/Mark M.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Back in December, I made a number of requests regarding Preware:
    All are now done! A few months ago this was impossible:But now it was possible!
    Yep, and the lesson to be learned from all that is: patience

Sometimes there's a list of things which need to be done in the right order, and we will usually prefer to do them in that right order, rather than bring something forward which properly belongs further down the list.

And of course the changing capabilities of webOS often suddenly enable new things to be done which were previously impossible.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    just wanted to say that it would be cool if donate buttons were added to preware for the developers of everything in the feeds. Also, it would be nice to be able to turn off the feature that asks if I want to restar luna after every instalation of a patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    just wanted to say that it would be cool if donate buttons were added to preware for the developers of everything in the feeds.
    Preware fully supports developers putting donate buttons in the Description of the application. Quite a few developers utilise that feature.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Unless I am missing it I think you should add the option to modify the custom feeds. Once you create it and if you have a typo you have to remove it and start over. I may have missed the option to do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyJoe View Post
    Unless I am missing it I think you should add the option to modify the custom feeds. Once you create it and if you have a typo you have to remove it and start over. I may have missed the option to do this.
    I'd be happy to accept code from any webOS Mojo developer who wants to add this feature ... it's open source, so we should be expecting more code contributions from people other than oil and myself.

-- Rod
    Preware 0.9.38 and Package Manager Service 0.9.46 have been released.

Changes:

* Robustified the scanning of unknown packages, with the hope of preventing hangs.

* Added the ability to swipe delete items from the Saved Package List.

* Disabled the app catalog and themes feeds on first installation, but kept palm update feeds enabled.

* Added prerm conditionals to assist an easy transition from Preware Alpha back to Preware 1.0 when it is finally released.

* Added support for the webos-kernels feed.

-- Rod
    Rod, I loaded a theme into Prethemer. When I view it on the website it shows all icons working properly. When I load it onto my Pre, its missing two, the video and the Preware icons. They are the original icons. Any ideas why this would be happening. It is the UVA Theme. Thanks.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Preware 0.9.38 and Package Manager Service 0.9.46 have been released.

Changes:

* Robustified the scanning of unknown packages, with the hope of preventing hangs.

* Added the ability to swipe delete items from the Saved Package List.

* Disabled the app catalog and themes feeds on first installation, but kept palm update feeds enabled.

* Added prerm conditionals to assist an easy transition from Preware Alpha back to Preware 1.0 when it is finally released.

* Added support for the webos-kernels feed.

-- Rod
    Great job! I haven't had a hang up with scanning unknown packages since updating to the latest version...sweet!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Hi, Need some help. I have SERVICE TO INSTALL/UNINSTALL 800MHZ KERNEL and TEMPERATURE WITH BATTERY IN DEVICE MENU patches stuck in my Preware Installed Packages list. When attempting to "remove" either one of them I get a IPKG error. This is the one from the temperature patch.

I would like to get these out of the installed list so that i can reload the temperature patch.

Thanks for the help.

confirm
    User consent requested for pre-remove script execution
    unlock
    Nothing Interesting.
    prerm
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/ca.canucksoftware.patches.temperature-with-battery-in-device-menu.prerm: line 4: /usr/bin/diffstat: not found
    lock
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during pre-remove script execution
    Luna manager

I can restart luna but I can't do restart java. I ran EPR and then doctored twice--did not work either time.
    If anyone has an idea about this, please let me know, thanks for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder
    Back in December, I made a number of requests regarding Preware:
    All are now done! A few months ago this was impossible:But now it was possible!
    Very nice!!

Now, if only I could "View Script[s]" and "IPKG Log[s]" in landscape mode... then maybe I'd be willing to say that Preware has reached 1.0 status.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoove09 View Post
    Rod, I loaded a theme into Prethemer. When I view it on the website it shows all icons working properly. When I load it onto my Pre, its missing two, the video and the Preware icons. They are the original icons. Any ideas why this would be happening. It is the UVA Theme. Thanks.
    In an attempt to fix this issue, I edited the icons, removed the theme and reloaded from scratch. I am now having the same issue with the same two icons with the new theme. University of Virginia theme in prethemer. I included the zip file downloaded in from the website in case that would help.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Quote Originally Posted by jhoove09 View Post
    In an attempt to fix this issue, I edited the icons, removed the theme and reloaded from scratch. I am now having the same issue with the same two icons with the new theme. University of Virginia theme in prethemer. I included the zip file downloaded in from the website in case that would help.
    Is this from the precentral-themes feed or the prethemer feed?

If the latter, the packages for that are built by PreThemer.com, so you would need to ask them to diagnose the issue.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Is this from the precentral-themes feed or the prethemer feed?

If the latter, the packages for that are built by PreThemer.com, so you would need to ask them to diagnose the issue.

-- Rod
    It was the Prethemer feed. I finally got a response from that forum. It is a common bug in Prethemer right now. The dev is aware and is working on it, in case anyone else ask. It effects the video icon and several 3rd party apps. Thanks.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

I have just recently installed Preware on my Pre after living with the Pre stock for a long while. I have the most recent versions of Preware and the package service. After installing a patch where a luna restart is required, I let it restart luna. After the restart is complete, the Pre lock screen no longer exists, as in when I turn on the Pre (keyboard closed), it goes straight to cardview with no appearance of the lock screen. There don't seem to be any other issues. A subsequent full restart brings the lock screen back. Is this normal? I should also mention that this happened twice with two different patches, so it seems to be repeatable.

Forgive me if this has been discussed--the unintentional luna restart issues have made searching a little difficult.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    preware updated itself and the pms to the latest version this morning. Update went wrong.
    Now I cant get it back to a working state. Using WOSQI, both parts are installed, but preware complains that the service is not running. Restarts don't help either.
    Help?
    Quote Originally Posted by kulf View Post
    preware updated itself and the pms to the latest version this morning. Update went wrong.
    Now I cant get it back to a working state. Using WOSQI, both parts are installed, but preware complains that the service is not running. Restarts don't help either.
    Help?
    I would uninstall both from quick install, reboot your device, and then install both again per the instructions (I haven't installed in so long I forget if there is anything special to follow). and then reboot again before using preware just in case.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Thanks, I'll try that.
    I managed to install the latest alpha version, but that only showed very few apps.
    So back to 0.9.38
    Quote Originally Posted by kulf View Post
    Help?
    What version of webOS are you running?

-- Rod