Page 301 of 305 FirstFirst ... 201251291296297298299300301302303304305 LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,020 of 6094
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Hey all -preware newbie here. I installed it today and already love some of the patches. I tried shlogging through the 300+ pages here with a search, but couldn't find an answer to a simple question -- when new versions of patches are released, will they show up on the Palm Updates application, or here in Preware, or none/both of the above? In other words, if a new version of the virtual keyboard comes out, how will I know? Is that the intent of the Package Updates section and does it only show updates to packages I have installed? Please pardon the newbie questions.
    Rgds/Mark M.
    You basically guessed it all right.

Welcome!!

Package Updates in Preware (probably grayed out right now) shows the count of updated patches or homebrew packages you have already installed.

It will also actually show you when there are updates to Palm Catalog apps to (if you have that feed turned on - personally, I disable that feed to speed up my Preware package update process when Preware launches).
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Thanks much! I did notice it takes an exceptionally long time to open preware. Are there settings I should change to speed up the loading? I'm running the default settings but don't need it to check for standard application updates.
    Rgds/Mark M.
    rwhitby how does one get setup for a custom feed in Preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by mmeltser View Post
    Thanks much! I did notice it takes an exceptionally long time to open preware. Are there settings I should change to speed up the loading? I'm running the default settings but don't need it to check for standard application updates.
    The splash screen that you see when you first install Preware should tell you about the Manage Feeds menu item. You can enable and disable feeds there.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    rwhitby how does one get setup for a custom feed in Preware?
    You need a web server that serves up a directory containing ipkg files and a Packages (and Packages.gz if desired) file which contains an index of those ipkg files. Take a look at http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds for many examples of those index files.

For the autobuilder, we build the index using the ipkg-make-index python script in git.webos-internals.org Git - preware/build.git/tree - toolchain/ipkg-utils/

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Thanks!
    i have shut off the palm catalog feed since and this seems to speed up load a lot
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Did you turn off all the Palm catalog feeds? I see palm catalog, palm beta, and palm catalog updates.
    Rgds/Mark M.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaferz View Post
    Fresh preware install here.

I keep getting an error upon installing ANY patch that says...

"install
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-default-to-week-view
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-default-to-week-view (1.4.1-1) to root...
    Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....4.1-1_all.ipk
    An error ocurred, return value: 1.
    ERROR: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-default-to-week-view:
    org.webosinternals.patch org.webosinternals.lsdiff
    Collected errors:
    failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during 'install' operation

Obviously, when I try a different patch, the links change in the error, but it is very very very similar.

Halp!

Reinstalled package manager and preware via WOSQI, and the problem is no longer there.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You need a web server that serves up a directory containing ipkg files and a Packages (and Packages.gz if desired) file which contains an index of those ipkg files. Take a look at Index of /feeds/ for many examples of those index files.

For the autobuilder, we build the index using the ipkg-make-index python script in git.webos-internals.org Git - preware/build.git/tree - toolchain/ipkg-utils/

-- Rod
    Hi rwhitby,
    How does one submit an app for inclusion in the WebOS-Internals feed?
    Is anyone else having a problem with preware not showing prethemer themes? It was working fine lastnight and today all its showing under the theme section is precentral themes. Is there a problem with prethemer not uploading right now?
  13. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron130 View Post
    Is anyone else having a problem with preware not showing prethemer themes? It was working fine lastnight and today all its showing under the theme section is precentral themes. Is there a problem with prethemer not uploading right now?
    I encounter this problem from time to time, and, so far as I know, it's a problem with PreThemer's server. I know that at least some of the times I've encountered the issue, it's definitely been a problem on PreThemer's end. The problem generally corrects itself after a little while. I too have had "the problem" today. I would expect it to be "corrected" by tomorrow (or Monday if such things don't get addressed over the weekend).
    Thanks for the info!
    Occasionally I will notice that the pretheamer feed hickups I guess you could say and an error occurs in obtaining the update. Usually after at most 3 or 4 manual update attempts after preware does it's loading thing the pretheamer feed update is obtained. My guess is the times it occurs are peak usage of the pertheamer server and a connection here or there times out.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    rwhitby what would cause feeds to cancel another one out. I have the cpuscaler paid feed and the email companion feed when but are enabled I can't see the email companion app to install. I disable all feeds but email companion and I see the app. I enable all other feeds except cpuscaler I see it. I enable cpuscaler and email companion is no longer available.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccdoss View Post
    Hi rwhitby,
    How does one submit an app for inclusion in the WebOS-Internals feed?
    It needs to be open source, and not really suitable for the Palm Web feed or PreCentral feeds (we suggest you try those first).

Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    rwhitby what would cause feeds to cancel another one out. I have the cpuscaler paid feed and the email companion feed when but are enabled I can't see the email companion app to install. I disable all feeds but email companion and I see the app. I enable all other feeds except cpuscaler I see it. I enable cpuscaler and email companion is no longer available.
    The only thing that can cause feeds to collide are if the name is the same, or if the package id's collide.

-- Ro
    These feeds have different names and different ids. Well I guess I will just have to keep disabling one check for updates then renable the other one.
    Did you turn off all the Palm catalog feeds? I see palm catalog, palm beta, and palm catalog updates.
    no i left the others on so i could get updates -- the palm catalog feed being turned off seems to speed up loading and i really don't look for aps too often mostly patches
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Back in December, I made a number of requests regarding Preware:
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    ...Create and stickie a thread for Luna Manager.
    ...PMS needs its own thread
    ...patch problems due to the user not doing a restart...The simplest thing I can think of would be a simple pop-up when you exit...
    ...Is there a reason that the user gets the patch script warning every time they install a patch?
    All are now done! A few months ago this was impossible:
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    ...Is there any way to include PMS in the Preware ipk?
    Quote Originally Posted by rboatright View Post
    ...THE answer is "NO WE CAN NOT DO THAT. "
    But now it was possible!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We've just started alpha testing of a new version of Preware & Package Manager Service, all rolled into a single package
    Another big request was for Preware to offer the webOS search (filter) capability form the main menu (scene):
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    ...@Oil/Rob: Is there a benefit to the user that the Preware Search does not work in the main menu and these other menus?
    And now you can search from the main menu! All of these are done now! Even the impossible is now done!

Thank you!

- Craig