Page 300 of 305 FirstFirst ... 200250290295296297298299300301302303304305 LastLast
Results 5,981 to 6,000 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Make sure that you have wosQI v3.12 installed. If that doesn't work go to the Preware wiki and you can install Preware via bootstrap.
    where is the link to the bootstrap method?

thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    where is the link to the bootstrap method?

thanks in advance
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals right at the end of the page.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals right at the end of the page.

-- Rod
    damn, have no idea how to do that, can u please explain?!

sorry for being such a noob
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    damn, have no idea how to do that, can u please explain?!

sorry for being such a noob
    That would be command line stuff. So using your terminal of choice (I assume on device [terminal or terminus] are fine or webos quickinstall command line tool, putty, or novacom -t open tty:// from windows cmd prompt [I assume it is capable of running the commands needed]).
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by baldric View Post
    Hi all,
    I've noticed for a few versions of preware and for preware alpha, that after running the app, that a running instance of the email app is killed, and I have to relaunch.
    When I do that, instead of just going to the normal All Inboxes screen, it goes to the initial Add account screen.

Has anyone else seen that?

Thanks
    baldric

Yes, definitely! Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I'm pretty sure it often kills other open apps too (Messaging, for example). Its almost as though there's been a Luna Restart, only there hasn't been one because it happens too fast.
    Got this message when i tried to install with Preware Installer...

ERROR 2: err -99 "Command: put file:///media/internal/developer/InstallWrapper.tar
    Reply:file open failed"
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tcurtin View Post
    Yes, definitely! Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I'm pretty sure it often kills other open apps too (Messaging, for example). Its almost as though there's been a Luna Restart, only there hasn't been one because it happens too fast.
    I have also experienced the e-mail "reboot" where it asks me about any new accounts. My old accounts are there, but it is an annoyance.

Once this happened and it removed my default e-mail account from the "Favorites" section and the only way to get it back was to remove that account and add it again, another annoyance.
    I love the versions that now provide an update all that actually works. keep the awesome work coming! thanks
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    I have some observations regarding the use of Peware. Since 1.4 i was getting random reboots. I have been using preware since day one. I have lately been using the 800mhz kernel with cpuscalarUltimate. I have notice that everytime I use preware....my phone inevitable reboots within a couple of hours. Whenever I dont use it.....my phone continues to function without any reboots.

Coincidence? I dont know... DOnt get me wrong I love preware and the capabilities it has let me add to my phone... I am just throwing this out there in case this helps other people.

SO now. after using preware...I reboot..I will typically check out preware in the mornings and reboot and then I am good for the day.

Just my two cents.....
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    I have some observations regarding the use of Peware. Since 1.4 i was getting random reboots. I have been using preware since day one. I have lately been using the 800mhz kernel with cpuscalarUltimate. I have notice that everytime I use preware....my phone inevitable reboots within a couple of hours. Whenever I dont use it.....my phone continues to function without any reboots.

Coincidence? I dont know... DOnt get me wrong I love preware and the capabilities it has let me add to my phone... I am just throwing this out there in case this helps other people.

SO now. after using preware...I reboot..I will typically check out preware in the mornings and reboot and then I am good for the day.

Just my two cents.....
    Yep, we're working with Palm to try and diagnose this problem.

An application like Preware, even if it does turn out to have an issue, simply should not be able to crash the system, so there is some underlying operating system problem at work here ...

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yep, we're working with Palm to try and diagnose this problem.

An application like Preware, even if it does turn out to have an issue, simply should not be able to crash the system, so there is some underlying operating system problem at work here ...

-- Rod
    The issue might not be specific to preware...but rather the custom services that preware and other homebrew apps communicate with.

ie...backend ipkg.service, c++ package service, etc....
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    The issue might not be specific to preware...but rather the custom services that preware and other homebrew apps communicate with.

ie...backend ipkg.service, c++ package service, etc....
    That is possible of course.

However, there are reports of these crashes from people who have never turned on dev mode on their device, so have never used homebrew of any kind.

-- Rod
    Every time I boot the Preware, you need to upgrade?
    That slow to update.
    Quote Originally Posted by morrit View Post
    Every time I boot the Preware, you need to upgrade?
    That slow to update.
    If I recall correctly there is an option for not updating the feeds each time you open preware. That way you can update them with the menu item when you are wondering what is new. I personally prefer the update each time I open preware I just go about a very short task while it goes at the updating.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    ...I personally prefer the update each time I open preware I just go about a very short task while it goes at the updating.
    This is my philosophy/practice, as well.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Hi all,

Having problem here.

I don't want to get into the total story, but here is where I'm at, at this point in my Pre's recovery.

I have all my apps install, I have all icons showing, and restored from backup most of what was on my USB partition.

However, I am unable to see all my 'installed' patches via Preware (and as well as WebOSQI).

I ran almost anything that started with Emergency, except for a total ERP (Emergency Patch Removal procedure).

However, all my patches are running and working perfectly!

What if any steps can I take so that Preware will see these patches as being installed?

Thanks all!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Hi all,

Having problem here.

I don't want to get into the total story, but here is where I'm at, at this point in my Pre's recovery.

I have all my apps install, I have all icons showing, and restored from backup most of what was on my USB partition.

However, I am unable to see all my 'installed' patches via Preware (and as well as WebOSQI).

I ran almost anything that started with Emergency, except for a total ERP (Emergency Patch Removal procedure).

However, all my patches are running and working perfectly!

What if any steps can I take so that Preware will see these patches as being installed?

Thanks all!

Rob
    At this point (knowing the background) I would suggest just reinstall all the patches. AUPT should detect that the patches are already installed if there are no patch conflicts.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    stuff
    I had the exact same problem, I just had to reinstall all of the patches manaully. Funnily enough, in the IPKG log of them it said something along the lines "Patch already found. Success!".
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    I had the exact same problem, I just had to reinstall all of the patches manaully. Funnily enough, in the IPKG log of them it said something along the lines "Patch already found. Success!".
    Yep, that's AUPT at work.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Fresh preware install here.

I keep getting an error upon installing ANY patch that says...

"install
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-default-to-week-view
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-default-to-week-view (1.4.1-1) to root...
    Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....4.1-1_all.ipk
    An error ocurred, return value: 1.
    ERROR: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-default-to-week-view:
    org.webosinternals.patch org.webosinternals.lsdiff
    Collected errors:
    failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during 'install' operation

Obviously, when I try a different patch, the links change in the error, but it is very very very similar.

Halp!