Page 297 of 305 FirstFirst ... 197247287292293294295296297298299300301302 ... LastLast
Results 5,921 to 5,940 of 6094
    I don't know if this will help but I just installed the Preware update on my Sprint Pre (1.4.1.1). Several patches and a theme installed and I had no issues. Everything worked as expected. Please don't let the jerks keep you from working on this awesome program. Thanks.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoove09 View Post
    I don't know if this will help but I just installed the Preware update on my Sprint Pre (1.4.1.1). Several patches and a theme installed and I had no issues. Everything worked as expected. Please don't let the jerks keep you from working on this awesome program. Thanks.
    I haven't seen any jerks in this thread.

Preware is complex enough that there can easily be issues that affect a very small minority of users.

As long as anyone in that situation remembers that the onus is on them and them alone to provide enough detailed information to allow the developers to reproduce the problem, and that if they are unable or unwilling to do so then the problem probably won't be solved, and the developers will move on with no feelings of obligation to solve an isolated issue.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The appid is listed in the ID field in the detailed view when you select an individual package - just scroll down past the description and other stuff.

I've been able to replicate this problem with both PreCentral and Palm Catalog feeds enabled, and confirm the work-around of temporarily disabling the Palm Catalog.

-- Rod
    I am the developer of the affected app. I was not aware, that it is not allowed to have the same appid at PreCentral and in the App Catalog. I only know about problems, if the one in the App Catalog is a paid app.

The problem did not happen for me, because I have not enabled the App Catalog feed in Preware and the App Catalog itself does not have a problem with that.

What about having the same appid at PreCentral and in the Palm Beta Channel? Is this a problem, too?

Can you enhance Preware, so that it is no problem anymore in the future?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    I am the developer of the affected app. I was not aware, that it is not allowed to have the same appid at PreCentral and in the App Catalog. I only know about problems, if the one in the App Catalog is a paid app.

The problem did not happen for me, because I have not enabled the App Catalog feed in Preware and the App Catalog itself does not have a problem with that.

What about having the same appid at PreCentral and in the Palm Beta Channel? Is this a problem, too?

Can you enhance Preware, so that it is no problem anymore in the future?

Thanks!
    It is not just a problem for Preware - you will have similar issues with other installers, and with the Palm updates application.

We will attempt to make Preware work properly in this situation (we would make it prefer the PreCentral homebrew version of the app), but we suggest you change the appid in one of the places.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Does this also apply to PreCentral vs. Palm Beta Channel?

Or does it only happen with the standard App Catalog?
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    Does this also apply to PreCentral vs. Palm Beta Channel?

Or does it only happen with the standard App Catalog?
    The Palm Beta and Web feeds both use the standard App Catalog application on the device to install the packages, and will exhibit the same problems if you use the same appid for homebrew and palm distribution channels.

Just don't do it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I just got a new Palm Pre Plus and am trying to install Preware. However, I cannot seem to get my XP pro sp3 laptop to see my Pre Plus. I checked services.msc and I do see Palm Novacom running. When I click 'options' on the WOQI screen, nothing happens. Same for "device management" as well as the down arrow on the main screen of WOQI.

Can anyone help with this?
    Thanks!!!....arniep
  8. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arniep View Post
    I just got a new Palm Pre Plus and am trying to install Preware. However, I cannot seem to get my XP pro sp3 laptop to see my Pre Plus. I checked services.msc and I do see Palm Novacom running. When I click 'options' on the WOQI screen, nothing happens. Same for "device management" as well as the down arrow on the main screen of WOQI.

Can anyone help with this?
    Thanks!!!....arniep
    Did you put the phone into developer mode first? WebOS QuickInstall can't see your phone if you don't do this first.
    I'm trying to install the AM/PM patch into the Top Bar but I keep getting an error. I'm running a Palm Pre with webOS 1.4.1.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by lutterfamily4 View Post
    If you use webOS quick install and go to device management it does not show any applications or patches. This update for preware has messed up everything.
    I would not go as far as that. My Preware since upgrading the OS to the UK version for O2 4.1.1 now shows 'Installed Packages' 'List of Everything' and 'Saved Package Lists'. Both Package Updates and Available Packages are grayed out. Help!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ericrendel View Post
    I would not go as far as that. My Preware since upgrading the OS to the UK version for O2 4.1.1 now shows 'Installed Packages' 'List of Everything' and 'Saved Package Lists'. Both Package Updates and Available Packages are grayed out. Help!!
    run the emergency reconstruction utility -- this worked for me ---
    Rod i was unable to reproduce this issue and it happened to me prior to the last preware update -- sorry

Quote Originally Posted by her209 View Post
    I'm trying to install the AM/PM patch into the Top Bar but I keep getting an error. I'm running a Palm Pre with webOS 1.4.1.1.
    why is this in this thread? -- please post in the am/pm patch thread or at least post what type of error message so someone can help
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    I've had preware on my phone for several months now, and it has worked great. I also use WOSQI without any probs. You just have to educate yourself and take your time. Thanks for all your hard work!
    I did put it into dev mode. Could not get WOQI to work, but did manage to find an installer for Preware that did not require WOQI. Ran that and got Preware installed and working. However, I think there are some patches that need WOQI to install so I guess I will not be able to install those.

Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    Did you put the phone into developer mode first? WebOS QuickInstall can't see your phone if you don't do this first.
    Can someone tell me if my Pre Plus must stay in developer mode in order to use Preware once it is installed on my phone?

Thanks....arniep
  15. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arniep View Post
    Can someone tell me if my Pre Plus must stay in developer mode in order to use Preware once it is installed on my phone?

Thanks....arniep
    No, your phone does not need to stay in developer mode in order to use Preware. In fact, it's recommended that you not leave it in developer mode. Either way (dev mode or not), Preware will work just fine, but you'll be safer if you don't leave it in developer mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    No, your phone does not need to stay in developer mode in order to use Preware. In fact, it's recommended that you not leave it in developer mode. Either way (dev mode or not), Preware will work just fine, but you'll be safer if you don't leave it in developer mode.
    Just curious? Why would it be "safer" to not have the Pre in 'developer mode'?
  17. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreDave View Post
    Just curious? Why would it be "safer" to not have the Pre in 'developer mode'?
    I'm sure others can explain it better than I can, but so far as I understand it, a decent analogy would be that leaving your phone in developer mode is like disabling your firewall on your computer. The whole reason we need to put the phone into developer mode to do certain things is because it disables those extra layers of protection that get in our way Getting back out of developer mode "re-enables" that protection. Staying in developer mode theoretically leaves you open to vulnerabilities that might not otherwise affect you when you're not in developer mode.
    After a new 1.4.1 installation on my Pre via the webosdoctor (o2 version) I installed Preware 09.36 from the general list, not the specific Pre list together with the package manager and the Luna manager. Now when I run Preware in order to reinstall my patches the program stops after the following lines:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/lib/pkg/tmp/ipkg-Yc1ZWt (the last bit after the hyphen changes everytime I rerun Preware.
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...41/packages.gz
    wget: bad address 'ipkg.preware.org

After okeying the error message Preware continues to end up with the list of apps already installed on the Pre.

At the same time the app-catalog doesnt load neither: action not terminated, try again later showing the yellow warning triangle.

Oh, and I used Jasons latest WOQI

Any clues what went wrong ? This is the first time that I encounter this kind of problem with Preware.

TIA
    Last edited by prebus2; 04/20/2010 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Solved
    I guess I worried too fast ;-) Could it be that this was due to server dysfonctioning ?

Probably yes since this happened only while using Preware and a wlan connection. When I later d/led using 3G I had no problems at all.
    Last edited by prebus2; 04/20/2010 at 02:45 PM. Reason: 2 different connections
    I am a longtime lurker and fan of Preware. Ive had my PRE since August but I'm not a programer / developer so much of this goes over my head.

I have experienced a couple of issues and I was hoping to get some feedback. I have WebOS 1.4.1.1 and installed the latest version of Preware yesterday.

1. I have noticed Preware hangs on 'scanning unknown packages.' Typically, restarting the app a few times will get it past this problems. However today I have restarted the app 8 times and counting. 6 stopped loading at the 'unknown packages' status screen and two were at the 'loading package information' status screen. This has been a long-standing problem for me over 2 phones, and multiple preware & OS upgrades.

2. I had installed the Multi Mod patch but now I find that I cannot update or remove it. I always get an error message.

3. Has anyone ever found that patches affect light sensor? When I installed my patches/apps after updating the OS, my screen goes black when ever I make a phone call. Sometimes it flickers but usually it is just black. Makes it difficult to respond to menus or even hang up the phone. I had to install a patch to hang up when the phone is closed.

However when I hang up the phone by closing it, sometimes the screen will not come back on. Hiting the power button will usually work but sometimes (20%) right after the screen comes back on, the device resets.

The screen will also come right back on if I place the phone on the touchstone but this also causes the device to reset with about the same frequency.

Any help or suggestions with these issues would be greatly appreciated!