Page 296 of 305 FirstFirst ... 196246286291292293294295296297298299300301 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 5,920 of 6094
    Preware 0.9.36 is released, with the following new features (mostly courtesy of Oil):

Added additional Second Line preference values.
    Added additional keywords for global search.
    Added the ability to search from the main screen just by typing.
    Added the ability to email an IPKG Log.
    Added a disclaimer warning message for new feed additions.
    Added "dirty feeds" notification when returning to the main scene after adding or removing feeds.
    Added support for installing, upgrading and removing well-formed kernel packages. Note that the currently released overclocking kernels that are not created by WebOS Internals are not well-formed. See http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...packaging.html for more details.

Preware 0.9.36 and Preware Alpha 0.9.61 are now back in sync with identical front-end functionality (Preware has a Java back-end, and Preware Alpha has a C back-end).

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 04/16/2010 at 05:40 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Preware 0.9.36 is released, with the following new features:

Added "dirty feeds" notification when returning to the main scene after adding or removing feeds.
    Added support for installing, upgrading and removing well-formed kernel packages. Note that the currently released overclocking kernels that are not created by WebOS Internals are not well-formed. See http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...packaging.html for more details.

Preware 0.9.36 and Preware Alpha 0.9.61 are now back in sync with identical front-end functionality (Preware has a Java back-end, and Preware Alpha has a C back-end).

-- Rod
    I also saw on the first/once splash screen after installing that you fixed the "..." bug. I assume that means that the set of dots that were there while an app was loading are now gone? I thought that was just a glitch from the latest webOS update... great work. A minor annoyance. If nothing else, it adds professionalism to the screen. [At first, I thought I had some dead pixels. ]
  3. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Preware 0.9.36 is released, with the following new features:

-- Rod
    Is anyone noticing an issue installing Homebrew Apps from the PreCentral feed under this latest update? We haven't been able to figure out the cause yet, but two of us using Preware 9.36 can't update or install Google Calendar Search via Preware under versions 9.35 or 9.36. When we click install or update, the web browser launches to the PreCentral page for the app! The developer is still using version 9.33 of Preware, and isn't having this problem (and has already contacted PreCentral to see if they have any idea). I just thought I'd put it out on this thread too in case anyone had any ideas...And, before it's asked, yes, we tried updating feeds, luna restart, removing and reinstalling the app catalog version of the app, etc.
    After updating to 0.9.36 and loading preware it doesn't show any installed packages, save one. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, and its listing all my patches and apps that I have installed already as available for download even though my preferences are set to not make them available.

Also I've noticed that the Custom Kernels are not listing in the list of everything
    Last edited by ihooten; 04/16/2010 at 03:16 PM. Reason: added more observations
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    Is anyone noticing an issue installing Homebrew Apps from the PreCentral feed under this latest update? We haven't been able to figure out the cause yet, but two of us using Preware 9.36 can't update or install Google Calendar Search via Preware under versions 9.35 or 9.36. When we click install or update, the web browser launches to the PreCentral page for the app! The developer is still using version 9.33 of Preware, and isn't having this problem (and has already contacted PreCentral to see if they have any idea). I just thought I'd put it out on this thread too in case anyone had any ideas...And, before it's asked, yes, we tried updating feeds, luna restart, removing and reinstalling the app catalog version of the app, etc.
    Thanks for the problem report - we'll take a look at it.

To confirm, does this only occur for apps that have erroneously used the same appid in both the PreCentral feed and the official app catalog?

The simplest work-around for that problem would be for the author to do what Palm recommends and use a different appid for homebrew and official app catalog

The other work-around is to temporarily disable the palm feeds, then update feeds, then try and install it.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  6. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts

To confirm, does this only occur for apps that have erroneously used the same appid in both the PreCentral feed and the official app catalog?

The simplest work-around for that problem would be for the author to do what Palm recommends and use a different appid for homebrew and official app catalog

The other work-around is to temporarily disable the palm feeds, then update feeds, then try and install it.

-- Rod
    Thanks for taking a look at this so quickly. Pardon my ignorance - I know what an appid is, and I understand that a developer should have a different App ID for the Homebrew and App Catalog apps, but is there a way for me to tell what the appid is on my own? Or should I just check with the developer? He's very responsive, and I'm sure I can find that out pretty quickly. Unfortunately, I've only tried updating Preware and this app (Google Calendar Search) so far since updating to 9.36, so I'm not sure if it's affecting any other apps (or how to check those app ids either). Your work-around regarding disabling of feeds also makes sense to me if this is the issue, and I'll test that out as well. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by ihooten View Post
    After updating to 0.9.36 and loading preware it doesn't show any installed packages, save one. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, and its listing all my patches and apps that I have installed already as available for download even though my preferences are set to not make them available.
    Did you happen to use WebOS Quick Install at the same time as a background app catalog operation was happening?

Also I've noticed that the Custom Kernels are not listing in the list of everything
    I only just released them - wanted to wait for 0.9.36 to propagate before doing so. You should see them if you update feeds now.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    Thanks for taking a look at this so quickly. Pardon my ignorance - I know what an appid is, and I understand that a developer should have a different App ID for the Homebrew and App Catalog apps, but is there a way for me to tell what the appid is on my own? Or should I just check with the developer? He's very responsive, and I'm sure I can find that out pretty quickly. Unfortunately, I've only tried updating Preware and this app (Google Calendar Search) so far since updating to 9.36, so I'm not sure if it's affecting any other apps (or how to check those app ids either). Your work-around regarding disabling of feeds also makes sense to me if this is the issue, and I'll test that out as well. Thanks!
    The appid is listed in the ID field in the detailed view when you select an individual package - just scroll down past the description and other stuff.

I've been able to replicate this problem with both PreCentral and Palm Catalog feeds enabled, and confirm the work-around of temporarily disabling the Palm Catalog.

-- Rod
  9. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts

-- Rod
    Rod,

Your genius strikes again! The developer has confirmed (http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...81#post2386581) that he was, in fact, using the same App ID for both versions. Thanks again for helping out with this one so quickly!
  10.    #5910  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I also saw on the first/once splash screen after installing that you fixed the "..." bug. I assume that means that the set of dots that were there while an app was loading are now gone? I thought that was just a glitch from the latest webOS update... great work. A minor annoyance. If nothing else, it adds professionalism to the screen. [At first, I thought I had some dead pixels. ]
    The 3 dots were always there. It was the initial "status" text for the install/update/remove/etc spinner. Them being visible was either due to an update with changes in timing of some sort, or the fact that there is a continually growing number of packages preware must prepare for a list scene. Basically, you saw them in the short time between when the scene was pushed to the stack, and the setup function was called which hid them from view.

The "fix" was just to delete them
    also don't see installed packages.
    I'm having the same problem, Installed Preware update and restarted. When I run preware it does not show any installed or updates...just available. Deleted completely and then reinstalled with same results
    If you use webOS quick install and go to device management it does not show any applications or patches. This update for preware has messed up everything.
    Everyone who is reporting missing installed packages must give better problem reports:

1) What device, operating system version, previous preware version?
    2) Exactly how did you update? What tool, what version.
    3) Was there any app catalog background activity happening at the same time?
    4) Do you have Preware Alpha installed or not?

My 51 installed packages are still there after the update, so it's an isolated problem, not a systematic one (a couple of reports of it happening out of thousands of people updating).

Run the "Emergency Reconstruction Utility" to recover your installed packages, but make sure you report all the above information first, otherwise we'll never be able to pinpoint the conditions under which it occurs and it may continue to affect you for future updates too.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by lutterfamily4 View Post
    If you use webOS quick install and go to device management it does not show any applications or patches. This update for preware has messed up everything.
    You may wish to reconsider your approach to asking for help from those that supply software for your use at no charge.

-- Rod
    Everyone who is reporting missing installed packages must give better problem reports:

1) What device, operating system version, previous preware version?
    2) Exactly how did you update? What tool, what version.
    3) Was there any app catalog background activity happening at the same time?
    4) Do you have Preware Alpha installed or not?

My 51 installed packages are still there after the update, so it's an isolated problem, not a systematic one (a couple of reports of it happening out of thousands of people updating).

Run the "Emergency Reconstruction Utility" to recover your installed packages, but make sure you report all the above information first, otherwise we'll never be able to pinpoint the conditions under which it occurs and it may continue to affect you for future updates too.

-- Rod
    I did not update preware i have version 9.35 -- all of my installed packages are not shown - they are shown under the saved button
    palm pre + ==1.4
    no preware alpha

the only thing i did was add the custom feed from the cpuscaler

any help would be appreciated

thanks
    in advance
    Edit : i ran the reconstruction utility and it fixed -- thanks for the awsome work
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    I did not update preware i have version 9.35 -- all of my installed packages are not shown - they are shown under the saved button
    palm pre + ==1.4
    no preware alpha

the only thing i did was add the custom feed from the cpuscaler

any help would be appreciated

thanks
    in advance
    Edit : i ran the reconstruction utility and it fixed -- thanks for the awsome work
    Are you able to get a reproducible test case? i.e. make it lose all your packages again?

-- Rod
    Are you able to get a reproducible test case? i.e. make it lose all your packages again?

-- Rod
    not yet -- i will remove that feed and re-ad it i will let you know thanks
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    not sure what's up but no pstch updates all week when chacter counter was submitted 5 days ago according to a dev. Also any word on full I'm status update? I'm tired of placeholders. Missing my patches bad, you guys got use pre users hooked!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kjparfekt View Post
    not sure what's up but no pstch updates all week when chacter counter was submitted 5 days ago according to a dev. Also any word on full I'm status update? I'm tired of placeholders. Missing my patches bad, you guys got use pre users hooked!!!
    They have to go through the patches by hand and since there was an update today i would guess that they were a little busy this week with other things --
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+