Page 295 of 305 FirstFirst ... 195245285290291292293294295296297298299300 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,900 of 6094
    I hate to do this but.......
    Preware won't load. It get's to
    "loading package catalog
    palm-catalog"
    and then just sits there, looking back at me knowing I can't do anything.
    Palm is ferret approved.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Use "ipkg files <package>" to find out what files are installed by each of the packages in question. If those filenames do not occur in the /md5sums file, then they are out of place.

-- Rod
    Curses. Thanks again for your help - sadly, all of the filenames either occur in md5sums, or are links back to files that do.

Bugger. Looks like the best I could do would be to remove the openssl in ipkg-opt, but that's not causing a problem, since /opt has plenty of room. I'll keep looking around...

(BTW, I'm at 99%, and if 96% is normal, that means I need to get rid of 13MB. You wouldn't think that would be hard to track down...)
    Quote Originally Posted by mluther View Post
    "loading package catalog
    palm-catalog"
    Same thing on my Pre and my wife's. Been like this since Friday, it seems.

Using 'Manage Feeds' in the Preferences, I disabled the Palm Catalog feed and the Webos Internals feeds, rebooted, and now Preware is working again although without those feeds, there isn't much in it
    I'm getting PreWare error "Failure during "update" operation ipkg_conf_init; Failed to create temporary directory '(null)'; Read-only file system"

suggestions or a fix?
    I want to install the PIN Secure Unlock patch and some other patches
  5. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    "loading package catalog
    palm-catalog"
    Quote Originally Posted by jshare View Post
    Same thing on my Pre and my wife's. Been like this since Friday, it seems.

Using 'Manage Feeds' in the Preferences, I disabled the Palm Catalog feed and the Webos Internals feeds, rebooted, and now Preware is working again although without those feeds, there isn't much in it
    Update to the latest version of Preware to correct this....
  6. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by otodoc View Post
    I'm getting PreWare error "Failure during "update" operation ipkg_conf_init; Failed to create temporary directory '(null)'; Read-only file system"

suggestions or a fix?
    I want to install the PIN Secure Unlock patch and some other patches
    If you can post what phone, version of WebOS, version of Preware, version of Package Manager Service, etc. you have, it'll be easier to assist. For now, try updating your feeds and make sure you have the latest version of both the Package Manager Service and Preware installed.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Aha! Got it! I wrote a script to check through the /usr directory and report any files that didn't have entries in /md5sums. Turns out, there were about 3000 of them. Pointed me in the right direction though - /usr/palm/applications had an old copy of com.gameloft.app.assassins. Assassins Creed was a palm store app, so no idea why that would be installed there, but it was. ipkg knew about it, so I ipkg remove'd it, and voila - a filesystem with a normal amount of space again! Back down to 92%.
    but how can I update preware if preware isn't working?
    Palm is ferret approved.
    @mluther
    follow @jshare's advice
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2376941

i had the same problem and doing that let me get into preware
  10. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    but how can I update preware if preware isn't working?
    Quote Originally Posted by kokaku View Post
    @mluther
    follow @jshare's advice
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2376941

i had the same problem and doing that let me get into preware
    After you get back into Preware (by either waiting for the Palm Catalog feed to time-out or you can proactively go in and disable that feed as indicated), then you can update Preware. You can also update it via WebOS Quick Install.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Looking for a few patches that I know have been submitted, but the most recent patch I see was updated on 4/6. I know that Preware doesn't get updated every day... but it is really only once a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Looking for a few patches that I know have been submitted, but the most recent patch I see was updated on 4/6. I know that Preware doesn't get updated every day... but it is really only once a week?
    It's completely dependent on the free time of the couple of people who process the incoming queue.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    can someone help me every time I load preware it keep sayin error
    Please be patient if this is the wrong place for this.

Running 1.4.1.1 on Sprint Pre.

Doctored the phone to 1.4.1.1

Added patches and apps, except the Palm App catalog wouldn't load.

Ran the Delete Apps & Data without removing patches first. I thought it would take them out when it deleted.

Now it appears I have the patches working, but they don't list in PreWare.

I ran Emergency Reconstruction and Emergency Patch Recovery. Same deal.

It looks like I could go through and re-install the patches as I tired one or two and they didn't complain about installing. Ran the EPR and those disappeared, but the unlisted others are still there.

Anytning to try besides going through and re-installing them, possible harm?
    Quote Originally Posted by dbtrade View Post
    Anytning to try besides going through and re-installing them, possible harm?
    Note that AUPT patches are designed to be able to be re-installed without harm. They detect a previously installed patch and the file modification level and do not try and remodify the file.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    My preware kept freezing, so i deleted it off my phone. I went to download it from the site, and it is a java file, that i cant open. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Email me @ thomasmcolson@gmail.com
    I need to remove ALL my patches to update WEbOS. but PreWare doesn't show "installed patches", and "installed packages" is greyed out.
    Reboot....or other. (have fixed everything to yes under Preferences.

???
  18. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by otodoc View Post
    I need to remove ALL my patches to update WEbOS. but PreWare doesn't show "installed patches", and "installed packages" is greyed out.
    Reboot....or other. (have fixed everything to yes under Preferences.

???
    I'm not sure why Preware isn't showing all your installations, but you do NOT need to remove all your patches to update WebOS if they've all been updated to the latest (or other) AUPT versions. Just go ahead and update. You should be fine if you've kept your patches up to date.
    Last edited by ay; 04/14/2010 at 04:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cols7998 View Post
    My preware kept freezing, so i deleted it off my phone. I went to download it from the site, and it is a java file, that i cant open. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Email me @ thomasmcolson@gmail.com
    http://install.preware.org/

-- Rod
    i have downloaded preware installer, and it says there is a communication error
    What do I do?