Page 294 of 305 FirstFirst ... 194244284289290291292293294295296297298299304 ... LastLast
Results 5,861 to 5,880 of 6094
  1. sew3663's Avatar
    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    #5861  
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    Even though I didn't get a Thanks , it's Emergency Patch RECOVERY. Go to the List of Everything in Preware, and type Emergency Patch, and you'll see it.
    Sorry for the no thanks, but I only searched "emergency", not the full name of it and it isn't there. What feed does it come from? Maybe I'm not getting it. I've looked in the homebrew list on precentral and it isn't there, either.

    I am getting a new error when I open preware since I updated to 9.33. It says "Failure during update operation Collected errors:,wget: server returned error:HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found,wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found." I hit OK and it drives on. None of the feeds have been turned off.
  2. #5862  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    What version of WebOS QI are you using? V3.02 is the latest I believe.
    I am using 3.02 right now. I can add patches and apps to my phone from webqi, but I would like to get preware working again...
  3. tcurtin's Avatar
    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    #5863  
    Ok - I think I probably figured out what my problem was, space-wise. Can someone run the following two commands from the root prompt for me on a stock Pre?

    ipkg list_installed | egrep '(libgcrypt|openssl|libcrypto|libssl|libgpg-error)'
    and
    ipkg-opt list_installed | egrep '(libgcrypt|openssl|libcrypto|libssl|libgpg-error)'

    Here's what I get:

    root@palm-webos-device:/media/internal/vpnc/ipk# ipkg list_installed | egrep '(libgcrypt|openssl|libcrypto|libssl|libgpg-error)'
    libcrypto - 0.9.8j-r2 -
    libgcrypt - 1.4.4-r0 -
    libgpg-error - 1.4-r1 -
    libssl - 0.9.8j-r2 -
    openssl - 0.9.8j-r2 -
    root@palm-webos-device:/media/internal/vpnc/ipk# ipkg-opt list_installed | egrep '(libgcrypt|openssl|libcrypto|libssl|libgpg-error)'
    openssl - 0.9.8l-1 -

    libgcrypt and openssl are both listed as dependencies for the vpnc package I'd installed, and that was installed via ipkg, not ipkg-opt. (I'm sending the author of the package I used a message about that.) libcrypto, libssl, and ligpg-error were dependencies of libgcrypt and openssl.

    I'm guessing that having two installations of openssl isn't doing me any favors. If libgcrypt isn't installed on a stock Pre, then I can remove that from ipkg and reinstall via ipkg-opt. Same for openssl.




    Quote Originally Posted by tcurtin View Post
    Ok - still at 99%, thanks for the suggestions (and glad to hear I'm not alone).



    ......


    The every single thing installed - that could be more complicated... Here's a shot at it:
    I've also done the messaging plugins install manually.
    Working on vpn client stuff with HaPe - that's installed in /home/root, but all associated files are tiny. (This explains the resolv.conf md5sum fail.) However, vpnc was installed as part of the installation process, and done using
    ipkg -force-depends install http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/op....5.1-2_arm.ipk
    ** it sounds like this could be an issue, except that ipkg files vpnc shows that all installed files are in /opt. Can/should I simply ipkg remove vpnc, then ipkg-opt install vpnc and call it a day? It doesn't seem like that would save much room.
    Last edited by tcurtin; 04/10/2010 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Added other packages to list_installed greps
  4. tcurtin's Avatar
    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    #5864  
    Quote Originally Posted by tcurtin View Post
    Ok - I think I probably figured out what my problem was, space-wise. Can someone run the following two commands from the root prompt for me on a stock Pre?

    ipkg list_installed | egrep '(libgcrypt|openssl|libcrypto|libssl|libgpg-error)'
    and
    ipkg-opt list_installed | egrep '(libgcrypt|openssl|libcrypto|libssl|libgpg-error)'

    Here's what I get:

    root@palm-webos-device:/media/internal/vpnc/ipk# ipkg list_installed | egrep '(libgcrypt|openssl|libcrypto|libssl|libgpg-error)'
    libcrypto - 0.9.8j-r2 -
    libgcrypt - 1.4.4-r0 -
    libgpg-error - 1.4-r1 -
    libssl - 0.9.8j-r2 -
    openssl - 0.9.8j-r2 -
    root@palm-webos-device:/media/internal/vpnc/ipk# ipkg-opt list_installed | egrep '(libgcrypt|openssl|libcrypto|libssl|libgpg-error)'
    openssl - 0.9.8l-1 -

    libgcrypt and openssl are both listed as dependencies for the vpnc package I'd installed, and that was installed via ipkg, not ipkg-opt. (I'm sending the author of the package I used a message about that.) libcrypto, libssl, and ligpg-error were dependencies of libgcrypt and openssl.
    I'm guessing that having two installations of openssl isn't doing me any favors. If libgcrypt isn't installed on a stock Pre, then I can remove that from ipkg and reinstall via ipkg-opt. Same for openssl.

    Also, is there a good way to back out of multiple installations without harming things? openssl and libgcrypt both have depends, and those have depends, etc... I want to get rid of anything from ipkg that was installed as a result of openssl or libgcrypt that weren't there before, and **aren't needed by anything else**. (Its that last bit that's the ugly part.) I can post a full list_installed for both ipkg and ipkg-opt if that would help...
    Last edited by tcurtin; 04/10/2010 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Added other packages to list_installed greps
  5. #5865  
    Every since the Preware .9.35 and Palm 1.4.0 updates, Precentral new apps feeds do not show up on Preware. Only my current ones. Noticed in Pref a way to add new feed, but not sure about urls associated with precentral new apps, testing, beta etc. Anyone?
  6. ay
    ay is offline
    ay's Avatar
    Posts
    720 Posts
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    #5866  
    Quote Originally Posted by 3109278787 View Post
    Every since the Preware .9.35 and Palm 1.4.0 updates, Precentral new apps feeds do not show up on Preware. Only my current ones. Noticed in Pref a way to add new feed, but not sure about urls associated with precentral new apps, testing, beta etc. Anyone?
    I hate to state the obvious, but you only indicate that you noticed under Preferences that you can add additional feeds....Did you make sure that you're actually updating your feeds (either manually or at launch each time)? Are the feeds other than the App Catalog feed updating?
  7. #5867  
    Yes, but the only ones that show are mine. Under manage feeds it only shows precentral themes and prethemer as installed. Then has option to add new feed. I know there are different urls to go to new apps or testing apps but wasnt sure what they were or how many others there were with the new version.
    VZW Palm Pre 2 2.1
  8. #5868  
    I'm not sure if this has been raised. I did search but nothing came up. A couple of updates ago, my Preware starting showing certain categories for applications in French, German or Spanish as well as my usual ones in English. Not all of them are in all languages. For example, I have weather/wetter, photography/fotografie, food/essen and a few others. I have checked all the preferences and feeds and can see no weird options. Is there something I am missing or is this a bug? Or is it a certain feed where people are making up their own categories?
  9. #5869  
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    I hate to state the obvious, but you only indicate that you noticed under Preferences that you can add additional feeds....Did you make sure that you're actually updating your feeds (either manually or at launch each time)? Are the feeds other than the App Catalog feed updating?
    Yes, but the only ones that show are mine. Under manage feeds it only shows precentral themes and prethemer as installed. Then has option to add new feed. I know there are different urls to go to new apps or testing apps but wasnt sure what they were or how many others there were with the new version. The only other thing is see is it scanning unknown packages which are mine.
    Last edited by 3109278787; 04/10/2010 at 04:02 PM. Reason: bc
    VZW Palm Pre 2 2.1
  10. ay
    ay is offline
    ay's Avatar
    Posts
    720 Posts
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    #5870  
    Quote Originally Posted by 3109278787 View Post
    Yes, but the only ones that show are mine. Under manage feeds it only shows precentral themes and prethemer as installed. Then has option to add new feed. I know there are different urls to go to new apps or testing apps but wasnt sure what they were or how many others there were with the new version.
    It sounds like you don't have the other built-in feeds active in Preware....Enter the Preware menu, and then select Manage Feeds, and make sure the other feeds you want active are set to ON. It sounds like this is your problem...
  11. #5871  
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    It sounds like you don't have the other built-in feeds active in Preware....Enter the Preware menu, and then select Manage Feeds, and make sure the other feeds you want active are set to ON. It sounds like this is your problem...
    Every thing is set to on except themes. Do I just need to add precentral apps, beta apps and testing apps to the feed? If so, what are the urls?
    VZW Palm Pre 2 2.1
  12. ay
    ay is offline
    ay's Avatar
    Posts
    720 Posts
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    #5872  
    Quote Originally Posted by 3109278787 View Post
    Every thing is set to on except themes. Do I just need to add precentral apps, beta apps and testing apps to the feed? If so, what are the urls?
    I suggest rebooting and rechecking, or if that doesn't work, then remove and reinstall both Preware and the Package Manger Service. Something sounds wrong - Precentral and Palm-Beta are both default feeds on Preware...
  13. #5873  
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    I suggest rebooting and rechecking, or if that doesn't work, then remove and reinstall both Preware and the Package Manger Service. Something sounds wrong - Precentral and Palm-Beta are both default feeds on Preware...
    Ok Ill try that, thanx.
    VZW Palm Pre 2 2.1
  14. #5874  
    Quote Originally Posted by tcurtin View Post
    Ok - I think I probably figured out what my problem was, space-wise. Can someone run the following two commands from the root prompt for me on a stock Pre?

    ipkg list_installed | egrep '(libgcrypt|openssl|libcrypto|libssl|libgpg-error)'
    and
    ipkg-opt list_installed | egrep '(libgcrypt|openssl|libcrypto|libssl|libgpg-error)'

    Here's what I get:

    root@palm-webos-device:/media/internal/vpnc/ipk# ipkg list_installed | egrep '(libgcrypt|openssl|libcrypto|libssl|libgpg-error)'
    libcrypto - 0.9.8j-r2 -
    libgcrypt - 1.4.4-r0 -
    libgpg-error - 1.4-r1 -
    libssl - 0.9.8j-r2 -
    openssl - 0.9.8j-r2 -
    root@palm-webos-device:/media/internal/vpnc/ipk# ipkg-opt list_installed | egrep '(libgcrypt|openssl|libcrypto|libssl|libgpg-error)'
    openssl - 0.9.8l-1 -

    libgcrypt and openssl are both listed as dependencies for the vpnc package I'd installed, and that was installed via ipkg, not ipkg-opt. (I'm sending the author of the package I used a message about that.) libcrypto, libssl, and ligpg-error were dependencies of libgcrypt and openssl.

    I'm guessing that having two installations of openssl isn't doing me any favors. If libgcrypt isn't installed on a stock Pre, then I can remove that from ipkg and reinstall via ipkg-opt. Same for openssl.
    Any instructions that tell you to run ipkg without the -o /media/cryptofs/apps switch are a recipe for disaster, and the person who wrote the instructions has absolutely no idea what they are doing.

    Never use ipkg without that option. Period.

    ipkg-opt, on the other hand, should be used without the -o option.

    Also, before using ipkg-opt, you need to make sure that the Optware Bootstrap package is installed in Preware, or else ipkg-oot instals will fill the / partition.
    -- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 04/10/2010 at 04:56 PM.
  15. #5875  
    I hate having to do this, but...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben_K View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been raised. I did search but nothing came up. A couple of updates ago, my Preware starting showing certain categories for applications in French, German or Spanish as well as my usual ones in English. Not all of them are in all languages. For example, I have weather/wetter, photography/fotografie, food/essen and a few others. I have checked all the preferences and feeds and can see no weird options. Is there something I am missing or is this a bug? Or is it a certain feed where people are making up their own categories?
    Any ideas on this?
  16. ay
    ay is offline
    ay's Avatar
    Posts
    720 Posts
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    #5876  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben_K View Post
    I hate having to do this, but...
    Any ideas on this?
    The Palm Catalog, Web Catalog, etc. now have categories other than just the original English since apps are now available in countries other than the US, that's all. Actually, that's how you now have access to App Catalog as well
    Last edited by ay; 04/11/2010 at 07:21 PM. Reason: I noticed the OP was from Europe!
  17. #5877  
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    The Palm Catalog, Web Catalog, etc. now have categories other than just the original English since apps are now available in countries other than the US, that's all. Actually, that's how you now have access to App Catalog as well
    Yes, what's happening here is that there are some applications that do not have any English translations in the app catalogue and are not available in English-speaking countries. Preware shows all apps that are available in all parts of the world. In the future we will add some way to select a subset.

    -- Rod
  18. tcurtin's Avatar
    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    #5878  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Any instructions that tell you to run ipkg without the -o /media/cryptofs/apps switch are a recipe for disaster, and the person who wrote the instructions has absolutely no idea what they are doing.

    Never use ipkg without that option. Period.

    ipkg-opt, on the other hand, should be used without the -o option.

    Also, before using ipkg-opt, you need to make sure that the Optware Bootstrap package is installed in Preware, or else ipkg-oot instals will fill the / partition.
    -- Rod

    Duly noted. In the meantime, is there any way you can tell me which (if any) of those packages shouldn't be installed the way they are? 'twould be much appreciated...
  19. #5879  
    Quote Originally Posted by tcurtin View Post
    Duly noted. In the meantime, is there any way you can tell me which (if any) of those packages shouldn't be installed the way they are? 'twould be much appreciated...
    Use "ipkg files <package>" to find out what files are installed by each of the packages in question. If those filenames do not occur in the /md5sums file, then they are out of place.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  20. #5880  
    When I try to start Preware, it often seems to hang during "scanning unknown packages".... seems pretty random which one, no pattern. Usually after a few tries I can get it to finish. Anyone else having this difficulty?
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions