Page 293 of 305 FirstFirst ... 193243283288289290291292293294295296297298303 ... LastLast
Results 5,841 to 5,860 of 6094
  1. #5841  
    Ok, im on my other computer and it can see that the phone is hooked up. It shows that I have Package Manager Service, Preware, Lsdiff, and the GNU Patch installed. What should I do from here?
  2. #5842  
    Quote Originally Posted by dan94darling View Post
    Ok, im on my other computer and it can see that the phone is hooked up. It shows that I have Package Manager Service, Preware, Lsdiff, and the GNU Patch installed. What should I do from here?
    http://install.preware.org

    -- Rod
  3. #5843  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    http://install.preware.org

    -- Rod

    So, I have downloaded all of that, but when I go to Preware on my phone it still tells me that the Package Manager Service is not running or not installed. What should I do? Uninstall and Re-install everything?
  4. danstah's Avatar
    Posts
    136 Posts
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    #5844  
    Updated to the latest preware today and got the clear lock screen error back like when 1.3.5 came out (i think that was the update that preware caused this behavior). It is just the lock button then my home screen when i put it on the touchstone and it sleeps
  5. rpankoe's Avatar
    Posts
    287 Posts
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    #5845  
    Had an odd issue in preware. I doctored my phone and reinstalled everything. a few items in WOSQI off the feeds (not from files), but mostly with Preware (patches & apps). When I went back into the .33 Preware, I noticed that many of the items that I installed both ways were not listed as being installed! If i reinstalled in preware, then for the most part i got a green downloaded/installed arrow. Not sure why I needed to do this however since they were already installed! Is there a way to resync so that it recognizes what is installed so that I get updates?? Interestingly I noticed that one of the items was Preware itself! When it updated to .35, it didn't notify me of the update. I noticed the PMS was updated, so I checked "List Everything" and noticed preware as well. I clicked to install Preware and it updated. The other thing I notice is that some items I installed with preware did not show as being installed in preware (these were items that came from the Palm Beta App catalog originally downloaded in preware).

    EDIT: Found answer, though through all the searches didn't figure out how. The emergency reconstruction tool reloads your installed apps/patches list in Preware.
    Last edited by rpankoe; 04/07/2010 at 08:10 PM.
  6. sew3663's Avatar
    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    #5846  
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    You're using a VERY old version of Preware. We're up to 9.33. I suggest heading on over to http://www.precentral.net/getting-started-preware, and then installing the latest version of both the Package Manager Service and Preware via WebOS QuickInstall.
    Okay, I now have Preware 9.33 and the package manager service 9.27.

    I can't find the emergency patch removal tool... I search in the list of everything and only the "limited emergency button" show up... Where do I get that and how do I use it to fix my IPKG error?
  7. #5847  
    I've tried to see if anyone else is having this problem but I can't find anyone (granted, I didn't search very long, at work).

    Yesterday when I put the phone on the touch stone, I forgot to hit "install later" and woke up this morning with 1.4.1.1 installed.

    After reading the forums, things apparently should be fine but when I try to run Preware, it hangs on "Loading Package Information: Palm-catalog".

    I have tried a reboot and same thing. I haven't tried reinstalling with WOSQI. Is that the next step?

    Thank you.

    I'm currently running Preware version 9.29. If I have time to run WOSQI, I'll post my package manager version.
    Last edited by Reverse Taper; 04/07/2010 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Added version information
  8. jstew10's Avatar
    Posts
    148 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    #5848  
    Two questions, and I'm sorry if you've answered this already (I read!!):

    Has the webOS internals wiki been updated? I didn't see an updated change log since 9.30. The URL I'm going to is Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

    If I have the Saved Package List in Preware version 9.35, have I accidentally installed the update for the Alpha version?

    Thank you Rod. You and your team make the Pre worth owning.
  9. #5849  
    Quote Originally Posted by jstew10 View Post
    Two questions, and I'm sorry if you've answered this already (I read!!):
    If I've answered a question in the last 48 hours in a thread on PreCentral or on the @webosinternals Twitter account, I'll usually just ignore repeats of the same question. This is a new one

    Has the webOS internals wiki been updated? I didn't see an updated change log since 9.30. The URL I'm going to is [url= - WebOS Internals[/url]
    Ah, no, it has not. Please feel free to update it.

    I encourage someone to add documentation for the Saved Package List to that page too.

    If I have the Saved Package List in Preware version 9.35, have I accidentally installed the update for the Alpha version?
    No, that functionality is now in the released version.

    -- Rod
  10. ay
    ay is offline
    ay's Avatar
    Posts
    720 Posts
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    #5850  
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverse Taper View Post
    I've tried to see if anyone else is having this problem but I can't find anyone (granted, I didn't search very long, at work).

    Yesterday when I put the phone on the touch stone, I forgot to hit "install later" and woke up this morning with 1.4.1.1 installed.

    After reading the forums, things apparently should be fine but when I try to run Preware, it hangs on "Loading Package Information: Palm-catalog".

    I have tried a reboot and same thing. I haven't tried reinstalling with WOSQI. Is that the next step?

    Thank you.

    I'm currently running Preware version 9.29. If I have time to run WOSQI, I'll post my package manager version.
    Yes, you "didn't search very long" - update to the latest version of Preware, and you'll be all set
  11. ay
    ay is offline
    ay's Avatar
    Posts
    720 Posts
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    #5851  
    Quote Originally Posted by sew3663 View Post
    Okay, I now have Preware 9.33 and the package manager service 9.27.

    I can't find the emergency patch removal tool... I search in the list of everything and only the "limited emergency button" show up... Where do I get that and how do I use it to fix my IPKG error?
    Even though I didn't get a Thanks , it's Emergency Patch RECOVERY. Go to the List of Everything in Preware, and type Emergency Patch, and you'll see it.
  12. #5852  
    Thanks, I had kinda figured Rod's comment was directed at me, I was going to do more reading when I got home tonight.
  13. #5853  
    Were you using Jason R's WOSQI at the same time as the app catalogue was installing things in the background? There is a known problem that I have reported to him.

    Try the Emergency Reconstruction Utility for a possible fix.

    -- Rod
  14. #5854  
    @ Rod, or any of the webos-internals team:

    In an upcoming release can you add more keywords to Preware? This would allow a user to type 'app' and result with Preware coming up via universal search.

    If your unaware (which I doubt) this can be done by adding the following to the appinfo.json

    "keywords": ["app","etc..."]
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  15. #5855  
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    @ Rod, or any of the webos-internals team:

    In an upcoming release can you add more keywords to Preware? This would allow a user to type 'app' and result with Preware coming up via universal search.

    If your unaware (which I doubt) this can be done by adding the following to the appinfo.json
    What list of keywords do people suggest?

    maybe "preware","app","catalog","install" ?

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  16. #5856  
    I don't see the value in more keywords - am I missing something?
  17. #5857  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    What list of keywords do people suggest?

    maybe "preware","app","catalog","install" ?

    -- Rod
    Preware is not necessary, as the title of an app is automatically used as a keyword. I would only use 'app,' however catalog and install seem like sound decisions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I don't see the value in more keywords - am I missing something?
    The value surely isn't very large... and if abused destroys value...

    Excessive keyword use would defiantly degrade universal search becuase typing in anything would prompt the return of said application. However typing 'app' into the universal search and returning the result: App Catalog and Preware I think is beneficial.

    Of course, one would always type: 'Prew' to bring up preware, but app just seems so much easier.

    Palm created the keywords for such circumstances as the messaging app:mms, sms, IM, all bring up the messaging app. I recently made the decision to the developer of PowerNap, to include the word timer/nap. I don't use the application as a nap timer, and often forget what the app is called. I know it has something to do with nap but 'nap' doesn't return the application as a result. I use the the app as a timer, of course 'timer' didn't return the desired result either. Thus for these reasons adding keywords to 'PowerNap,' might be more beneficial than adding to Preware.

    - But as a Preware user, I thought it would still add some benefit to the end users.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  18. #5858  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Were you using Jason R's WOSQI at the same time as the app catalogue was installing things in the background? There is a known problem that I have reported to him.

    Try the Emergency Reconstruction Utility for a possible fix.

    -- Rod
    If this comment was directed at me, when I got home I downloaded the latest WOSQI, updated Preware and the package manager service, and then rebooted my phone.

    After reboot, Preware did seem to take a while on Palm Catalog but it did load and successfully updated the patches I employ.

    Thank you very much for doing all of this!
  19. #5859  
    Preware is still not working for me. When I open it, it brings up a screen saying that the Package Manager Service is not running or installed. I hook my phone up to webqi and I can clearly see that it is installed. I have tried un-installing and re-installing several times, but nothing is working. Where do I go from here?
  20. #5860  
    Quote Originally Posted by dan94darling View Post
    Preware is still not working for me. When I open it, it brings up a screen saying that the Package Manager Service is not running or installed. I hook my phone up to webqi and I can clearly see that it is installed. I have tried un-installing and re-installing several times, but nothing is working. Where do I go from here?
    What version of WebOS QI are you using? V3.02 is the latest I believe.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions