Page 291 of 305 FirstFirst ... 191241281286287288289290291292293294295296301 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,820 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    I also realized patches are not installing correctly through preware even though it says they are...but they do install correctly through webOS quick install
    Are you referring to Preware, or Preware Alpha? If the latter, this is strictly the wrong thread. If the former, we'll need a much better problem report than that.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Are you referring to Preware, or Preware Alpha? If the latter, this is strictly the wrong thread. If the former, we'll need a much better problem report than that.

-- Rod
    on both actually
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

on both actually
    And does exactly the same patch work in WOSQI but fail in Preware? 100% reproducible when you uninstall and reinstall 4 times on each?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    And does exactly the same patch work in WOSQI but fail in Preware? 100% reproducible when you uninstall and reinstall 4 times on each?

-- Rod
    yes sir...iphone style patch and the hide amazon mp3 and nascar don't work
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

yes sir...iphone style patch and the hide amazon mp3 and nascar don't work
    OK, I have a hunch that the machine we're using while the normal autobuilder is broken may be building patches wrong.

Does it happen on a patch which has not been updated since the day of the 1.4.1 release?

In any case, I'm rebuilding all the patches after fixing the problem with the temporary build machine, just in case.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 04/06/2010 at 10:36 AM.
    OK, I have a hunch that the machine we're using while the normal autobuilder is broken may be building patches wrong.

Does it happen on a patch which has not been updated since the day of the 1.4.1 release?

-- Rod
    they worked before today...i just got an update for the iphone style patch today..updated and now its not working...hide amazon and nascar worked when 1.4.1.1 came out and now updates came out and don't work since I think yesterday
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

they worked before today...i just got an update for the iphone style patch today..updated and now its not working...hide amazon and nascar worked when 1.4.1.1 came out and now updates came out and don't work since I think yesterday
    Rebuilt patches are uploading to the feeds now. Please test and report.

-- Rod

-- Rod
    im removing and installing patches right now but my question is...i see only 54 patches out of the 300 or so
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

-- Rod
    not sure how long it takes to rebuilt patches but its still not working
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I can't get the precentral feed to work, so I have to keep disabling it. That means I don't have half of the apps you guys talk about to fix the phone (luna manager, emergency patch, etc...). Also, I only get about 200 apps when your screenshots are showing thousands.

I think it is my preware version and list of feeds available. I have preware 9.12. How do I get the newest version? There is no option to update.

Also, since about 1.3.1, I haven't been able to get most of the patches to work (I really just use the battery icon one and have been really missing it for a while). I get an ipkg log error. I have posted my problem here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...r-preware.html
  11. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sew3663 View Post
    I can't get the precentral feed to work, so I have to keep disabling it. That means I don't have half of the apps you guys talk about to fix the phone (luna manager, emergency patch, etc...). Also, I only get about 200 apps when your screenshots are showing thousands.

I think it is my preware version and list of feeds available. I have preware 9.12. How do I get the newest version? There is no option to update.

Also, since about 1.3.1, I haven't been able to get most of the patches to work (I really just use the battery icon one and have been really missing it for a while). I get an ipkg log error. I have posted my problem here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...r-preware.html
    You're using a VERY old version of Preware. We're up to 9.33. I suggest heading on over to http://www.precentral.net/getting-started-preware, and then installing the latest version of both the Package Manager Service and Preware via WebOS QuickInstall.
    I also realized patches are not installing correctly through preware even though it says they are...but they do install correctly through webOS quick install
    I'm having the exact same issue. When using Preware (0.9.33) to install patches, everything appears to be 100% normal, except the patches don't actually do anything. If you run Emergency Patch Recovery, it says there aren't any patches installed, even though they all appear in the Installed Packages list. The only thing I'd installed with something other than Preware was Preware itself (using WOSQI). I've tried this on every patch I had. I've also tried it with a patch that was updated today (4x4 icons v4 No Arrows Plus More). I tried a few of the patches in WOSQI and they work just fine (and also appear in the Installed Packages list).

To give you some background, I installed 1.4.1.1 a bit ago (IIRC, about a week), and was unable to uninstall/update "No Auto-Off While Charging" afterward. I uninstalled every patch manually and reinstalled them, and all worked just fine. The "No Auto-Off While Charging" patch didn't, so today I ran EPR to clear them out. I then attempted to reinstall all the patches below to no avail:

Add Date - MM/DD
    Audio/Video Attachments
    Battery Icon as Percent
    Call Block/Rejector
    Call Duration in Call Log
    Compose to Email
    Device Menu Ultramix
    Enable Add/Delete Pages
    Fullscreen Mode Browser
    Improved Photo Naming PRE
    More Default Snooze Times
    More Standby Times
    No Auto-Off While Charging
    PDF Redux
    Simple Shutter Sound Off
    Timestamps Fancy
    Unthrottle Download Manager

Edit: It looks like it's the feed itself. If I download the files directly from the feed @ http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-patches/1.4.1.1/ or use the Online Repository in WOSQI they do the exact same thing as Preware (described above). The only way to get it to work is to download the .patch from elsewhere.
    Last edited by Twiek; 04/06/2010 at 01:01 PM. Reason: update information
    i had preware before and it worked great i neva had 2 come on here and ask for help....untill now i had 2 restart my phone not 2 long ago and put preware on it again and sine then it hasn't been workin...1st i couldn't ee patches that were installed on the preware screen in installed packages or the theme that was already on my pre or look for other ones or any of the other pathes all i can see is the apps that i can get...when i go 2 installed packages it just shows meall da app's i hav and nothin more
    Rod / webos-internals team --

As you are very much aware, people are getting the random resets after 1.4 ... I know a lot of people have been blaming Preware for this and I know that you have stated that Preware is not directly causing this...

In this thread : http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post2362960 there is some details from myself and others about what we are noticing about why this is happening.

What I have noticed, and what another user has noticed in post 17 of the same thread is that installing apps or patches via either Preware OR webOS Quick Install causes a closure of all of the OS processes (e.g. phone, email, messaging, etc) with the exception of systemUI and Launcher, and then phone restarts shortly afterward. does this help you ID any reason why these restarts may be occurring after using preware (both the regular and the alpha version)?

thanks again for all your work!

-- Rod
    OK, that didn't work. That'll teach me for going to get some sleep at 1:30am while they are rebuilding ...

It's now 3:30am, and I'm rebuilding the feeds for the second time. I'll post again when they are ready.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I'm running Preware 0.9.33 on WebOS 1.4.1.1; booted up Preware today (2pm, Sprint-Northeast US, Boston) and received what appear to be Available Package categories for all current localizations.

US (English) categories are still there (Food, Games) along with German (Finanzen) and Spanish (Interaccion Social). Nothing's changed on my end, so I'm assuming that there's been some shift in the way in which feeds are being parsed server-side.

Just an FYI...

EDIT: It did occur to me that this was intentional, what with the worldwide launch of the App Catalog, but thought I'd mention it in the event that it wasn't.
    Last edited by bezoris; 04/06/2010 at 01:32 PM.
    Please see http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...thread-11.html for the status on patches, and continue any patch-related reports there please.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by bezoris View Post
    I'm running Preware 0.9.33 on WebOS 1.4.1.1; booted up Preware today (2pm, Sprint-Northeast US, Boston) and received what appear to be Available Package categories for all current localizations.

US (English) categories are still there (Food, Games) along with German (Finanzen) and Spanish (Interaccion Social). Nothing's changed on my end, so I'm assuming that there's been some shift in the way in which feeds are being parsed server-side.

Just an FYI...

EDIT: It did occur to me that this was intentional, what with the worldwide launch of the App Catalog, but thought I'd mention it in the event that it wasn't.
    Yes, it's intentional. Preware now shows apps that are only available in countries that do not speak english. It was a server-side change.

At some point in the future we'll add a way for you to specify which countries you want to see in Preware.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by bezoris View Post
    Sorry?

Just reporting duplicate categories in Preware's Available Packages listing (additional language categories). The Categories listing in Palm's App Catalog itself is unchanged.

That is: it's still US-localized. No German categories, no Spanish.
    Yes, our translation team has not yet worked out the best way to get the categories to be localized.

-- Rod
    Just got pre #4 today and installed everything like I had with the last 3 and when I open preware i get "The Package Manager Service is not running". I installed it and rebooted already, and reinstalled it and rebooted, still nothing...any help will be great! Thanks