Page 290 of 305 FirstFirst ... 190240280285286287288289290291292293294295300 ... LastLast
Results 5,781 to 5,800 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Hi all,

I'm having a problem:

I had to doctor my phone and used WebOSQI to install a lot of my patches.

When I go into Preware, I am only seeing a few of those patches and strangely enough even WebOSQI is not seeing those patches that I installed.

I tried to run the Emergency Repair Utility but that error-ed out, I think because it's not been updated to handle version 1.4.1.1?

I'm not sure how to fix these glitches.

I have been trying to install some of the patches all over again using Preware, and most of them are installing without giving me any errors but a few are giving me errors.

I'm really not in the mood to do another doctor at this point.

Is there another utility that I'm not remembering that can verify the patches?

Thanks!

Rob
    Is it possible the computer at WebOS Internals that lost it's motherboard could be an issue?
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Is it possible the computer at WebOS Internals that lost it's motherboard could be an issue?
    No, we restored all the package indexes from backup, and I've also regenerated them from scratch on another machine to be 100% certain they are not corrupted in any way (that's why all the packages show up as updated recently even though the version hasn't changed).

The feeds are correct. They may be updated less frequently than usual until we get a replacement motherboard, but each update is correct.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    No, we restored all the package indexes from backup, and I've also regenerated them from scratch on another machine to be 100% certain they are not corrupted in any way (that's why all the packages show up as updated recently even though the version hasn't changed).

The feeds are correct. They may be updated less frequently than usual until we get a replacement motherboard, but each update is correct.

-- Rod
    Ok, but can you shed any light on the issue several us are having with Preware, WEBOSQI and patches?
    Quote Originally Posted by SlapVanVoila View Post
    Ok, but can you shed any light on the issue several us are having with Preware, WEBOSQI and patches?
    If you have only ever installed applications and patches using Preware or WebOS Quick Instal 3.x, and do not have any themes installed, and do not use patches that conflict with one another, then I can help (cause Preware and AUPT will work in those conditions).

If you've used themes or manually installed things using scripts, then all bets are off unfortunately - I simply don't have the free time to help in those circumstances.

I'm not aware of any systematic issues with Preware or AUPT, but am happy to look at anything that has a well-documented 100% repeatable test case ...

-- Rod
    Is there a reason that I've somehow missed as to why Preware is not recognizing patches I've installed with WOSQI?

I just Doctored last night and since I was loading Preware via WOSQI I went ahead and loaded my patches with it too. However, when I run Preware only the few patches I later d/l-ed and installed with Preware are listed as installed patches.
    Was the app catalogue installing anything in the background at the same time?

I don't believe WOSQI has the same locking protection as Preware has against corruption of the database caused by concurrent app catalogue activity.

-- Rod
    If you have only ever installed applications and patches using Preware or WebOS Quick Instal 3.x, and do not have any themes installed, and do not use patches that conflict with one another, then I can help (cause Preware and AUPT will work in those conditions).

If you've used themes or manually installed things using scripts, then all bets are off unfortunately - I simply don't have the free time to help in those circumstances.

I'm not aware of any systematic issues with Preware or AUPT, but am happy to look at anything that has a well-documented 100% repeatable test case ...

-- Rod
    Nope, no themes and everything installed with either WOSQI and/or Preware. I Doctored night before last, re-installed Preware with latest WOSQI yesterday and while I was using WOSQI I went ahead and installed my patches. Then, when I fired up Preware I was surprised to see that it did not recognize that I had any patches installed. All installed patches work fine so I know they are there. Preware, however, does not.

That's all I've got but am willing to do whatever I can on my end to help track this down as I'm not the only one having this issue.
    "Hopefully it's taking so long because they are upgrading the cameras, adding a 4G radio, higher resolution screen, NFC, a gyroscope, fingerprint reader and an app that builds you and island and then transforms the phone into a jet and flies you there." - Blue Duck Butter, on the Pre 3 release.
    Was the app catalogue installing anything in the background at the same time?

I don't believe WOSQI has the same locking protection as Preware has against corruption of the database caused by concurrent app catalogue activity.

-- Rod
    Like two ships passing in the night.........(posting as you were posting) lol

As a matter of fact, that may be it! Anything I can do to get back w/o Doctoring again? Un-installing via WOSQI and then re-installing with either WOSQI or Preware? Or am I fubared and gotta Doctor again?
    "Hopefully it's taking so long because they are upgrading the cameras, adding a 4G radio, higher resolution screen, NFC, a gyroscope, fingerprint reader and an app that builds you and island and then transforms the phone into a jet and flies you there." - Blue Duck Butter, on the Pre 3 release.
    Nope, no themes and everything installed with either WOSQI and/or Preware. I Doctored night before last, re-installed Preware with latest WOSQI yesterday and while I was using WOSQI I went ahead and installed my patches. Then, when I fired up Preware I was surprised to see that it did not recognize that I had any patches installed. All installed patches work fine so I know they are there. Preware, however, does not.

That's all I've got but am willing to do whatever I can on my end to help track this down as I'm not the only one having this issue.
    Try the Emergency Reconstruction Utility - if it fixes it, then database corruption due to no locking in WOSQI is the likely cause. I've notified Jason of the potential problem.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.

I give up... Preware seems to work fine, but what does this mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by br73mg View Post

I give up... Preware seems to work fine, but what does this mean?
    It probably means you are running a *really* old version of Preware. You should be running 0.9.33 or later. Once you get to that version, if those feeds (which were removed months ago) are still there, then just swipe to delete them in the Manage Feeds page.

-- Rod
    Try the Emergency Reconstruction Utility - if it fixes it, then database corruption due to no locking in WOSQI is the likely cause. I've notified Jason of the potential problem.

-- Rod
    Al-la-ka-zam! Like freakin' magic Rod! <lol> All that was missing was a puff of purple smoke. ERU did the trick, all is right in the world of my Pre.

Thank you! Truly, thank you!
    Al-la-ka-zam! Like freakin' magic Rod! <lol> All that was missing was a puff of purple smoke. ERU did the trick, all is right in the world of my Pre.

Thank you! Truly, thank you!
    Some things we can fix in Preware. Other things are outside the control of WebOS Internals, but we do supply various emergency packages to help recover from them

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Would it be possible to include the Hide App Vendors functionality in to Preware?

I find this is the one feature I am really missing/looking for. It feels this would be a natural addition to Preware.
    I searched the forum, but did not find this question being asked yet.

I also have been unable to get the Hide App Vendors patch to install, it has been giving me an IPKG error since before 1.3.5 update.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasselhof View Post
    Would it be possible to include the Hide App Vendors functionality in to Preware?

I find this is the one feature I am really missing/looking for. It feels this would be a natural addition to Preware.
    It definitely is possible, and would be very much welcomed.

We just need a Mojo developer to write the code.

I'm thinking a swipe-to-delete in the package list, and you get a choice of just blacklisting the package, or blacklisting the vendor. Then a preference page where you directly edit the blacklist.

Who's going to step up and implement it?

-- Rod
    try restating phone the reinstall novacom. menu option attemp novacom reinstall. download lsdiff and gnu patch through QI uninstal if already have them and uninstall package manager and preware and reinstall.
    preware and package manger is in internal feeds all and gnu and isdiff is in pre or pixi
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Was just thinking out loud in another thread...
    It would be great if there was a simple "history" option in Preware. I'd like to be able to check what time changes were made and which patches were applied/removed/updated at that time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Was just thinking out loud in another thread...
    It would be great if there was a simple "history" option in Preware. I'd like to be able to check what time changes were made and which patches were applied/removed/updated at that time.
    Perhaps I can make the chronological sort options in the Installed Packages list or the Saved Package List use the installed timestamp rather than the last update timestamp.

-- Rod
    how come 50 patches show up on Preware?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I also realized patches are not installing correctly through preware even though it says they are...but they do install correctly through webOS quick install
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!