Page 289 of 305 FirstFirst ... 189239279284285286287288289290291292293294299 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,780 of 6094
  1. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    I'm sure this has been asked but I can't find an answer...

Is it possible to have an account or some way to save the patches/beta apps through a login on Preware? I ask becuz we obviously lose all patches when doctoring and this would help me greatly

btw loving the alpha update...much faster loading and downloading status is nice.
    Nope - would be nice though
  2. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GridIron21 View Post
    I tried to doctor it again today (1.4.1 version), but it still says that Pre needs to be connected.. QI is able to read it today though, I tried to doctor it through QI Doctor (would take it back to WebOS 1.3.5) but QI program shut down after.. So my last attempt was download Preware through bootstrap - linux commandline.. But it's been downloading for last 20 mins?
    If you can't doctor, I would personally not even worry about Preware yet. I would get the Pre back to a "normal" state before even bothering with Preware. Have you tried the WebOS Repair Utility? Did you follow the Doctor instructions exactly with regard to Java version installation, etc.?
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    If you can't doctor, I would personally not even worry about Preware yet. I would get the Pre back to a "normal" state before even bothering with Preware. Have you tried the WebOS Repair Utility? Did you follow the Doctor instructions exactly with regard to Java version installation, etc.?
    Right.. I just downloaded Repair Utility, scanned it and they found a problem with /etc/version and fixed it - said user file restored.. And then automated luna-restarted.. So, should I go ahead and try doctor it? Or it isn't necessary anymore?
  4. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Right.. I just downloaded Repair Utility, scanned it and they found a problem with /etc/version and fixed it - said user file restored.. And then automated luna-restarted.. So, should I go ahead and try doctor it? Or it isn't necessary anymore?
    It sounds like you're on the right track now! NO - do NOT doctor! If the Repair Utility worked, you should be in good shape now! Do NOT doctor!! Now that you've completed the Repair Utility successfully, go ahead and try connecting in JUST CHARGE mode to WebOS Quick Install. Make sure you're using version 3.02. Once you can connect, we'll go from there
    It sounds like you're on the right track now! NO - do NOT doctor! If the Repair Utility worked, you should be in good shape now! Do NOT doctor!! Now that you've completed the Repair Utility successfully, go ahead and try connecting in JUST CHARGE mode to WebOS Quick Install. Make sure you're using version 3.02. Once you can connect, we'll go from there
    Alright, I'm connecting my Pre to QI now.. Will try and download Preware now..
  6. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Alright, I'm connecting my Pre to QI now.. Will try and download Preware now..
    NO! I would try the Package Manager first, followed by a restart, as per my prior post. And make sure you're in Dev Mode!....Am I getting back to you too late?
    NO! I would try the Package Manager first, followed by a restart, as per my prior post. And make sure you're in Dev Mode!....Am I getting back to you too late?
    Ah yea, actually you were too late.. However I was able to download Preware without any problem Before I downloaded it, I removed Package Manager first through Device Manager then download both Package Manager and Preware..

So thank you so much!!
  8. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Ah yea, actually you were too late.. However I was able to download Preware without any problem Before I downloaded it, I removed Package Manager first through Device Manager then download both Package Manager and Preware..

So thank you so much!!
    So you're back up and running with no issues now?! Confirm that Preware is working too?
    So you're back up and running with no issues now?! Confirm that Preware is working too?
    Correct! However Pre is lagging a little bit - not big noticeable but.. I'm in Preware now and yes it's working fine..
  10. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Correct! However Pre is lagging a little bit - not big noticeable but.. I'm in Preware now and yes it's working fine..
    So glad I could help. Congrats! Whatever you do, don't doctor again for the lagging though Just restart - that'll usually help that out! Enjoy and welcome back to a functional phone!
    Nope - would be nice though
    another option, although not sure if possible, would be to backup all patches/IPKs to desktop folder and then be able to transfer all at once through quickinstall???
  12. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    another option, although not sure if possible, would be to backup all patches/IPKs to desktop folder and then be able to transfer all at once through quickinstall???
    Yes, this can be done if you download all the patches and then install them all each time via WebOS QuickInstall, but I'd rather stick with Preware. It's just too easy and convenient not to have to be near my computer to play with patches
    Yes, this can be done if you download all the patches and then install them all each time via WebOS QuickInstall, but I'd rather stick with Preware. It's just too easy and convenient not to have to be near my computer to play with patches
    ya I agree with the easibilty of preware, I just wasn't sure how preware stores the patches and if they could be extracted. I wonder if the save/restore app could handle this issue? (sorry for all the wondering, just looking for a possible solution but I'm guessing some of these have already been tossed around by the internals crew)
    ya I agree with the easibilty of preware, I just wasn't sure how preware stores the patches and if they could be extracted. I wonder if the save/restore app could handle this issue? (sorry for all the wondering, just looking for a possible solution but I'm guessing some of these have already been tossed around by the internals crew)
    I have a cunning plan hatching in my mind about how Preware and Save/Restore will work together ...

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I have a cunning plan hatching in my mind about how Preware and Save/Restore will work together ...

-- Rod
    good to hear...looking forward to the possible outcome, thanks Rod.
  16. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Exactly - I would assume it's something they would likely be investigating for some future point in time. It's still in beta after all
    Is there a reason that I've somehow missed as to why Preware is not recognizing patches I've installed with WOSQI?

I just Doctored last night and since I was loading Preware via WOSQI I went ahead and loaded my patches with it too. However, when I run Preware only the few patches I later d/l-ed and installed with Preware are listed as installed patches.
    "Hopefully it's taking so long because they are upgrading the cameras, adding a 4G radio, higher resolution screen, NFC, a gyroscope, fingerprint reader and an app that builds you and island and then transforms the phone into a jet and flies you there." - Blue Duck Butter, on the Pre 3 release.
    [QUOTE=SlapVanVoila;2357031]Is there a reason that I've somehow missed as to why Preware is not recognizing patches I've installed with WOSQI?

I just Doctored last night and since I was loading Preware via WOSQI I went ahead and loaded my patches with it too. However, when I run Preware only the few patches I later d/l-ed and installed with Preware are listed as installed patches.[/QUOTE)

I've had this same problem. Also after doctoring, installing latest version of package mgr and preware, manually forcing feeds update. Now package updates are greyed out. Is the a fix for this?
    Hi all,

I'm having a problem:

I had to doctor my phone and used WebOSQI to install a lot of my patches.

When I go into Preware, I am only seeing a few of those patches and strangely enough even WebOSQI is not seeing those patches that I installed.

I tried to run the Emergency Repair Utility but that error-ed out, I think because it's not been updated to handle version 1.4.1.1?

I'm not sure how to fix these glitches.

I have been trying to install some of the patches all over again using Preware, and most of them are installing without giving me any errors but a few are giving me errors.

I'm really not in the mood to do another doctor at this point.

Is there another utility that I'm not remembering that can verify the patches?

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Hi:

Sorry if this is answered, but I've gone through not all 290 pages but a lot and don't see my question!

I've got Preware installed, but it is only showing packages. Not applications or themes. I've checked all the preference settings, restarted, etc., but still not seeing anything for applications.

Help!