Page 288 of 305 FirstFirst ... 188238278283284285286287288289290291292293298 ... LastLast
Results 5,741 to 5,760 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    My guess is that you're not using the latest (3.02) version of WebOS Quick Install.

You know, if people gave helpful problem reports and included version information in their first post, I wouldn't need to guess ...

-- Rod
    I see.. Actually yes, I'm using 3.02 QI version - I even removed it and reinstalled WebOSQI 3.02 today.. I updated Novacom several times.. The DeveloperMode is on.. I tried to install Preware by using Preware Installer but it doesn't work and said to post and ask someone about "%temp%\Installer.log" on this forums.. Since Package Service Manager is still in Pre - I tried to remove it through QI Device Manager but it wouldn't show apps/patches list..

I even decided to try WebOS Doctor 1.4.1; it got stuck on 8% for a while..

Ay- it still wouldn't work.. Thanks anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by GridIron21 View Post
    I see.. Actually yes, I'm using 3.02 QI version - I even removed it and reinstalled WebOSQI 3.02 today.. I updated Novacom several times.. The DeveloperMode is on.. I tried to install Preware by using Preware Installer but it doesn't work and said to post and ask someone about "%temp%\Installer.log" on this forums.. Since Package Service Manager is still in Pre - I tried to remove it through QI Device Manager but it wouldn't show apps/patches list..

I even decided to try WebOS Doctor 1.4.1; it got stuck on 8% for a while..

Ay- it still wouldn't work.. Thanks anyway
    If you can get a command shell on the device, you can use the preware-bootstrap method listed on the Preware documentation wiki page on webos-internals.org - that method is guaranteed to work, because it doesn't depend on any other tools, so there is less to go wrong.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    If you can get a command shell on the device, you can use the preware-bootstrap method listed on the Preware documentation wiki page on webos-internals.org - that method is guaranteed to work, because it doesn't depend on any other tools, so there is less to go wrong.

-- Rod
    I just tried that idea - unfortunately now QI isn't able to connect to my Pre.. Even though I put it on USB mode, and my computer shows that it's connected.. However QI still said that my Pre isn't connected? And yes, I reinstalled novacom.. It's becoming evident that novacom is the main problem; QI isn't able to open up app/patches list when I opened device manager.. When I tried to doctor it, the WebOS doctor automated start reinstalling novacom then in next step, it would said that Pre isn't connected.. Happened three times.. Then finally I was able to get in doctoring, but then it got stuck at 8% and I'm willing to bet it's only because it got "disconnected"..

I'm thinking that maybe it has something to do with charging/usb patch - I added a patch that will automatically start charging Pre whenever I plug it to computer.. Since I already removed Preware, therefore I'm not able to uninstall it through there.. Is there a way I can uninstall the patch manually?
    after 1.4.1.1 update all but two patches updated the named pages and sms per contact keep giving me errors can update them or remove them this is the message i get. Error occured while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info unreversed pach detected! this is same message for both dont know what to do to fix this issue some advice would be helpful
  5. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    I just tried that idea - unfortunately now QI isn't able to connect to my Pre.. Even though I put it on USB mode, and my computer shows that it's connected.. However QI still said that my Pre isn't connected? And yes, I reinstalled novacom.. It's becoming evident that novacom is the main problem; QI isn't able to open up app/patches list when I opened device manager.. When I tried to doctor it, the WebOS doctor automated start reinstalling novacom then in next step, it would said that Pre isn't connected.. Happened three times.. Then finally I was able to get in doctoring, but then it got stuck at 8% and I'm willing to bet it's only because it got "disconnected"..

I'm thinking that maybe it has something to do with charging/usb patch - I added a patch that will automatically start charging Pre whenever I plug it to computer.. Since I already removed Preware, therefore I'm not able to uninstall it through there.. Is there a way I can uninstall the patch manually?
    To connect to WebOS Quick Install, you should be in "Just Charge" mode, not USB mode....And, just trying to be helpful here, but if you keep Installing and Reinstalling and Doctoring your phone while people are trying to help you figure out what's wrong, you're only making things harder on yourself by possibly creating even more issues....I'm not trying to scold you or anything with that statement - just stating that it's getting harder and harder to try to follow or troubleshoot when every time you post back you've taken a bunch of other steps that might not have been needed... I've generally found that patience and asking for help are the keys to solving any WebOS problem....You seem to have the asking questions part down, but if you keep trying different fixes, it may be making things even worse and harder to fix.....Final thought - how long did wait for the Dr. to complete before you deemed it stuck at 8%? Doctoring a phone takes a bit of time - if you pull the phone before it's done, it can make things much worse....Sorry to sound so preachy - just giving some advice that I hope can slow things down so you can get the help you need....
    Ha alright - I will stop doing stuff I waited about 35-40 mins after OS doctor got stuck on 8%..

Edit: I just did try the preware bootstrap, QI is able to connect to my Pre successfully.. Typed in the codes, and now the linux command said to please wait, which means they are downloading but dang, it's taking a while? About 5 mins passed by and it's still downloading?

Yes I lied, but I promise this will be the last thing I do to my Pre until I get all of information and instructions :-P
    Last edited by GridIron21; 04/02/2010 at 08:13 PM.
  7. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Ha alright - I will stop doing stuff I waited about 35-40 mins after OS doctor got stuck on 8%..

Edit: I just did try the preware bootstrap, QI is able to connect to my Pre successfully.. Typed in the codes, and now the linux command said to please wait, which means they are downloading but dang, it's taking a while? About 5 mins passed by and it's still downloading?

Yes I lied, but I promise this will be the last thing I do to my Pre until I get all of information and instructions :-P
    Liar, liar Keep waiting for a while. I've never had to install Preware that way before, so I don't know how long it will/should take, but I assume it's possible it might take some time with all the tinkering you did p.s. - It's been a while since I've had to Dr., but I do think it can easily take longer than just 35-40 minutes....

If this latest step of the bootstrap doesn't work for you after, let's say an hour or so, I'd suggest trying the Dr. again, and give it a solid hour or so each time it "gets stuck" this time. If you get stuck, try a few more times (Palm actually recommends trying the Dr 10 times before you give up). If no go there, check out How To Recover - WebOS Internals.

Keep us posted....
  8. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbromwich View Post
    I just installed the alpha, and when I go to update the feeds I'm getting:

Preware
    Failed to execute program
    /var/usr/sbin/org.webosintenals.ipkgservice: Success

ln -s org.webosinternals.ipkgservice org.webosintenals.ipkgservice fixes it but it looks like there might be a typo in there somewhere?

Cheers, Steve
    Please see http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2353084. This should be posted in the alpha thread. We're confused enough over here
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    Liar, liar Keep waiting for a while. I've never had to install Preware that way before, so I don't know how long it will/should take, but I assume it's possible it might take some time with all the tinkering you did p.s. - It's been a while since I've had to Dr., but I do think it can easily take longer than just 35-40 minutes....

If this latest step of the bootstrap doesn't work for you after, let's say an hour or so, I'd suggest trying the Dr. again, and give it a solid hour or so each time it "gets stuck" this time. If you get stuck, try a few more times (Palm actually recommends trying the Dr 10 times before you give up). If no go there, check out How To Recover - WebOS Internals.

Keep us posted....
    Lol, I tend to get antsy when I KNOW there's something wrong with my Pre.. After my last post, I have kept my hands off from Pre except for text part ha.. Alright I'm going to wait for a hour or so then try to doctor it again.. Thanks!
    Lol, I tend to get antsy when I KNOW there's something wrong with my Pre.. After my last post, I have kept my hands off from Pre except for text part ha.. Alright I'm going to wait for a hour or so then try to doctor it again.. Thanks!
    The WebOS Internals Recovery wiki page has expected timeframes for the percentages displayed by the doctor.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.

Try rebooting your computer, sometimes that helps alot!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I've used the Bootstrap to download and install Preware with no computer involved via Preload.
    It's worked several times for me.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I've used the Bootstrap to download and install Preware with no computer involved via Preload.
    It's worked several times for me.
    Note that PreLoad is not able to install the Package Manager Service, and will not be able to install Preware once we include the service inside the same package as the mojo front-end.

-- Rod
    Inside the ipkg repository viewer I switched to webos-internals-feed (all) but there is no option to grab preware.

Searching this forum I didnt find a clear answer. I had updated to 1.4.1.1 and preware was broken, so I did refresh with webosdoctor.

Help!

I used the standalone installer to get it,
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...installer.html
    Last edited by jesterthejedi; 04/03/2010 at 05:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jesterthejedi View Post
    Inside the ipkg repository viewer I switched to webos-internals-feed (all) but there is no option to grab preware.

Searching this forum I didnt find a clear answer. I had updated to 1.4.1.1 and preware was broken, so I did refresh with webosdoctor.

Help!
    You should follow @webosinternals on Twitter:

Twitter / WebOS Internals: Our autobuilder machine (n ...

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Ouch! As usual... sh!t happens at the wee hours...

Thanks fellas!
    Note that PreLoad is not able to install the Package Manager Service, and will not be able to install Preware once we include the service inside the same package as the mojo front-end.

-- Rod
    OK, Thanks that's good to know.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I'm sure this has been asked but I can't find an answer...

Is it possible to have an account or some way to save the patches/beta apps through a login on Preware? I ask becuz we obviously lose all patches when doctoring and this would help me greatly

btw loving the alpha update...much faster loading and downloading status is nice.
    Last edited by mikeh20; 04/03/2010 at 11:41 AM.
  19. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    So??? How's it going?
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    So??? How's it going?
    I tried to doctor it again today (1.4.1 version), but it still says that Pre needs to be connected.. QI is able to read it today though, I tried to doctor it through QI Doctor (would take it back to WebOS 1.3.5) but QI program shut down after.. So my last attempt was download Preware through bootstrap - linux commandline.. But it's been downloading for last 20 mins?