Page 287 of 305 FirstFirst ... 187237277282283284285286287288289290291292297 ... LastLast
Results 5,721 to 5,740 of 6094
  1. #5721  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Sorry about that. The latest version wasn't tested on all languages before release. Let me know if 0.9.33 fixes the problem.

    Thanks,

    -- Rod
    Problem fixed (on german Pre).
    Thanks for fast response !
  2. #5722  
    Alpha testing of the next generation of Preware has begun.

    http://bit.ly/preware-alpha

    Please discuss it in that thread, not in here. We don't want to confuse anyone. Any post (after this one) discussing Preware Alpha in this thread will be deleted.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  3. #5723  
    Problems installing patches from Preware. Any patch I try to install keeps failing. IPKG Log shows the following.....

    -----------------
    ipkg_download: ERROR: Command failed with return value 1: 'wget --passive-ftp -q -P/media/cryptofs/apps.usr/lib/ipkg/tmp/ipkg-PSwNll http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...ws-plus-Failed to download org.wbosinternals.patches.app-launcher-4x4-icons-v4-no-arrows-plus-more. Perhaps you need to run 'ipkg update'?

    wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found.
    ----------------------

    I have Preware V0.9.33. I have just updated to WebOS 1.4.1. Anyone have any ideas what this is? It was working fine until updated to 1.4.1. I thought I would test to see if Apps fail to install so I tried installing Music Player (Remix). The application installed fine.
  4. #5724  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasabi View Post
    Problems installing patches from Preware. Any patch I try to install keeps failing. IPKG Log shows the following.....

    -----------------
    ipkg_download: ERROR: Command failed with return value 1: 'wget --passive-ftp -q -P/media/cryptofs/apps.usr/lib/ipkg/tmp/ipkg-PSwNll http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...ws-plus-Failed to download org.wbosinternals.patches.app-launcher-4x4-icons-v4-no-arrows-plus-more. Perhaps you need to run 'ipkg update'?

    wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found.
    ----------------------

    I have Preware V0.9.33. I have just updated to WebOS 1.4.1. Anyone have any ideas what this is? It was working fine until updated to 1.4.1. I thought I would test to see if Apps fail to install so I tried installing Music Player (Remix). The application installed fine.
    Update Feeds

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  5. #5725  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Update Feeds

    -- Rod
    Thanks for the reply. I'm new to the forums, could you offer some advice on how to update feeds?

    EDIT - Nevermind. I found the feeds update and all is good. Thanks man.
    Last edited by Chasabi; 04/02/2010 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Situation update
  6. #5726  
    Hey, Rod is there a reason I can't uninstall Multi-Mod I keep gettin a Ipkg error.
  7. #5727  
    Preware doesn't load the Palm Catalogue anymore for some reason.

    Just says on the loading bar 'Palm Catalogue' and stays there, spinning.
  8. #5728  
    Quote Originally Posted by Oronare View Post
    Preware doesn't load the Palm Catalogue anymore for some reason.

    Just says on the loading bar 'Palm Catalogue' and stays there, spinning.
    Same here, but mine says Palm-catalog
  9. ay
    ay is offline
    ay's Avatar
    Posts
    720 Posts
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    #5729  
    Quote Originally Posted by Oronare View Post
    Preware doesn't load the Palm Catalogue anymore for some reason.

    Just says on the loading bar 'Palm Catalogue' and stays there, spinning.
    Read the post at

    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2352603

    in addition to the posts at

    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2351668

    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2351695

    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2351705

    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2352015

    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2352020

    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2352275

    All these posts on the prior page (search is your friend ) will answer your question. Problem is known and being resolved .
  10. #5730  
    I know, this similar problem probably already have been posted several time but I did skim through out some threads to find the answer but I don't see anything.. So..

    Just like many others said, Preware isn't working and stuck on downloading catalog part.. I removed Preware and tried to reinstall through WQI, however after I completed downloading Preware (including package manager).. Yet it would still not show up in Pre? I tried it few times - even restarted both Pre and my computer.. But nothing?
  11. #5731  
    Disable the catalog feed
  12. #5732  
    Quote Originally Posted by Oronare View Post
    Preware doesn't load the Palm Catalogue anymore for some reason.

    Just says on the loading bar 'Palm Catalogue' and stays there, spinning.
    Choose Manage feeds from the drop down menu > then switch off the Palm catalog.

    After you load Preware update to v0.9.33
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  13. #5733  
    Quote Originally Posted by GridIron21 View Post
    Just like many others said, Preware isn't working and stuck on downloading catalog part.. I removed Preware and tried to reinstall through WQI, however after I completed downloading Preware (including package manager).. Yet it would still not show up in Pre? I tried it few times - even restarted both Pre and my computer.. But nothing?
    Anyone?
  14. #5734  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Sorry about that. The latest version wasn't tested on all languages before release. Let me know if 0.9.33 fixes the problem.
    0.9.33 has solved the problem with spanish Pres.

    Thanks!
  15. ay
    ay is offline
    ay's Avatar
    Posts
    720 Posts
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    #5735  
    Quote Originally Posted by GridIron21 View Post
    Anyone?
    What do you mean "Yet it would still not show up in Pre?"? If you were able to reinstall Preware, just make sure you are now running version 9.33. If you weren't able to reinstall Preware, provide more detail on exactly what you're seeing and doing, and we'll try to help. I'm sorry - I don't understand what your post meant....
  16. #5736  
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    What do you mean "Yet it would still not show up in Pre?"? If you were able to reinstall Preware, just make sure you are now running version 9.33. If you weren't able to reinstall Preware, provide more detail on exactly what you're seeing and doing, and we'll try to help. I'm sorry - I don't understand what your post meant....
    Ok, I decided to remove Preware after I noticed that it would get stuck on catalog downloading part.. And I tried to reinstall Preware and package service manager through WebOSQI; I selected it, clicked on 'download' then clicked on 'install'.. It showed that it's downloading to my Pre.. After that, I checked my Pre and Preware isn't there..

    Edit: I also did the luna restart but still nothing..
  17. #5737  
    ANy ideas when the messaging character counter patch will come back online. I have the shell but still waiting on the patch. Thanks to everyone at WebOS internals. Great work.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

    Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
  18. ay
    ay is offline
    ay's Avatar
    Posts
    720 Posts
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    #5738  
    Quote Originally Posted by GridIron21 View Post
    Ok, I decided to remove Preware after I noticed that it would get stuck on catalog downloading part.. And I tried to reinstall Preware and package service manager through WebOSQI; I selected it, clicked on 'download' then clicked on 'install'.. It showed that it's downloading to my Pre.. After that, I checked my Pre and Preware isn't there..

    Edit: I also did the luna restart but still nothing..
    Sorry - something still doesn't sound right. First, although admittedly unimportant at this point, don't be in such a hurry to remove before consulting with the forums . More importantly, let's try this step by step. Did you remove both Preware and the Package Manager Service? Or only Preware? If you're going to start from scratch, I would say make sure you are starting from scratch. Next I would have uploaded just the Package Manager Service, followed by a restart. Then Preware followed by a restart. Are you sure you waited for them BOTH to be fully uploaded to the Pre before you disconnected from the computer and/or checked? At this point, even if you can't see Preware on the Pre, can you find it (or Package Manager Service) installed on the Pre via WebOS QuickInstall? If yes, I'd try removing via WebOS QuickInstall, and then reinstalling as I indicated. I obviously can't guarantee any of this will work, but I'm working off very limited info from you here, and it's worth a shot to try. Hope this helps....
  19. #5739  
    Quote Originally Posted by GridIron21 View Post
    Ok, I decided to remove Preware after I noticed that it would get stuck on catalog downloading part.. And I tried to reinstall Preware and package service manager through WebOSQI; I selected it, clicked on 'download' then clicked on 'install'.. It showed that it's downloading to my Pre.. After that, I checked my Pre and Preware isn't there..

    Edit: I also did the luna restart but still nothing..
    My guess is that you're not using the latest (3.02) version of WebOS Quick Install.

    You know, if people gave helpful problem reports and included version information in their first post, I wouldn't need to guess ...

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  20. #5740  
    Just want to take this opportunity to thank the WebOS Internals team for their continued hard work that made the AUPT process run smoothly for myself and all of the other Precentral members after the 1.4.1 OTA.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions