Page 286 of 305 FirstFirst ... 186236276281282283284285286287288289290291296 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,720 of 6094
    Same issue as izkeepsitreal... Had no trouble after update last night and earlier today - but now it's stuck there... Have reset phone, have not uninstalled/reinstalled...
    Quote Originally Posted by funktron2x View Post
    Same issue as izkeepsitreal... Had no trouble after update last night and earlier today - but now it's stuck there... Have reset phone, have not uninstalled/reinstalled...
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Try temporarily disabling the feed.

-- Rod
    Read
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    @rwhitby
    Oh, posting mine while you were! - will do as well, thanks

@jhoove09
    Can't read it if it's not there when I'm posting. *rolls eyes*
    Reinstalled Preware.
    Boy am I gald to be in on it.
    Works like a charm on the new update.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    sprint pre on 1.4.1.1
    I updates all my patches and preware/package manager prior to updating from 1.4
    all patches are gone. Preware get "stuck" while downloadinf feeds. I've tried full restarting to no avail.
    some notifacations show up half off the bottom of the screen, which makes them unreadable untill it turns into the small icon in lower right corner and I click on it to expand it again. Oh, and my lock screen doesn't have the clock, just shows whatever I have open.
    So preware worked ok last night and early today but just tonight it is getting stuck when it trys to load palm app catalog updates when I turn it off it will load ok. Is there a problem with palm and preware or should I try something else. Other problem is SMS contact ringtone patch won't update or delete..
    Quote Originally Posted by drweddell View Post
    So preware worked ok last night and early today but just tonight it is getting stuck when it trys to load palm app catalog updates when I turn it off it will load ok. Is there a problem with palm and preware or should I try something else. Other problem is SMS contact ringtone patch won't update or delete..
    Same for me.
    A note to anyone who's having odd issues with Preware/WOSQI and its report on what you have installed...

If it's showing you just a few patches and apps, when you know you have a bunch more do this:

1. Fire up WOSQI, connect your Pre
    2. Click the Blue arrow, select the WebOSInternals feed
    3. Download the "Emergency Reconstruction Utility", then install it from main WOSQI screen like you would an application

NOTE: It won't actually show up as an app on your phone or anything, but after it's gone from the list on the main WOSQI screen, you SHOULD have no more issues with your IPKGs and all your patches and apps will show up in Preware/WebOSQI Device Management list.
    So I read further and found out in this post they turned off the feeds for app catalog. Answer my own question....
    Try temporarily disabling the feed.

-- Rod
    How does one disable the feed? Note that I can't even start Preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by richip View Post
    How does one disable the feed? Note that I can't even start Preware.
    nm ... just found out I could still access the app menu even while it's still starting. That fixed the hang on loading the palm-catalog feed. I was able to start Preware after that. Thanks!

What could be the issue? And how do we know when it can be turned on again?
    Is autoupdate working with 1.4.1? Mine isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by richip View Post
    nm ... just found out I could still access the app menu even while it's still starting. That fixed the hang on loading the palm-catalog feed. I was able to start Preware after that. Thanks!

What could be the issue? And how do we know when it can be turned on again?
    Preware 0.9.33 has just been released to fix this problem.

The problem is due to the Palm Catalog feed getting large enough to trigger the javascript timeout. So we made the parsing algorithm more efficient so it doesn't trigger the timeout now.

Unfortunately, I've just got a report that Preware 0.9.32 doesn't work for German translations, so if you're using a language other than English don't upgrade yet.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 04/02/2010 at 04:00 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Unfortunately, I've just got a report that Preware 0.9.32 doesn't work for German translations, so if you're using a language other than English don't upgrade yet.
    -- Rod
    Hi!

Same happens in my spanish Pre!

I've added a screen capture of the application once loaded.

TIA
    Attached Images Attached Images

-- Rod
    To late
    Quote Originally Posted by quini View Post
    Hi!

Same happens in my spanish Pre!

I've added a screen capture of the application once loaded.

TIA
    Sorry about that. The latest version wasn't tested on all languages before release. Let me know if 0.9.33 fixes the problem.

Thanks,

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by simossoft View Post
    To late
    Apologies. I got 0.9.33 out as quickly as I could to fix it.

We really need to work out how to do quick fixes and have them tested on every language before release. Unfortunately there were some translation changes added to the repository by our hard-working translators, and one of those changes (I haven't worked out which one, so I had to revert them) causes a problem.

I've removed the 0.9.32 package manually from the feed so that it can't be downloaded by anyone else.

-- Rod
    dude, preware 0.9.33 seems to be severely broken. it takes an unusually long time to load the application, then totally pukes all over itself. the errors im getting are:

ERROR: command failed with return value 1: 'wget --passive-ftp -q -P /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/luib/ipkg/tmp/ipkg-uW1ods http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....gz',wget: bad address 'ipkg.preware.org',wget: bad address 'ipkg.preware.org',wget: bad address 'ipkg.preware.org',wget: bad address 'ipkg.preware.org',wget: bad address 'ipkg.preware.org',wget: bad address 'ipkg.preware.org',wget: bad address 'ipkg.preware.org',wget: bad address 'ipkg.preware.org',wget: bad address 'ipkg.preware.org',wget: bad address 'ipkg.preware.org',wget: bad address 'ipkg.preware.org',wget: bad address 'ipkg.preware.org'

(and yes, it does repeat that 12x).

at the bottom you only have the option of tapping "OK", at which point you get the normal preware screen, but theres NOTHING there....no updates, no apps, no themes, everything is grayed out except for the "Installed Packages" and "List of Everything" options at the bottom, but thats only cause preware is looking at the local device....

any insight as to what in the world broke so bad?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris71Mach1 View Post
    dude, preware 0.9.33 seems to be severely broken. it takes an unusually long time to load the application, then totally pukes all over itself. the errors im getting are:

ERROR: command failed with return value 1: 'wget --passive-ftp -q -P /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/luib/ipkg/tmp/ipkg-uW1ods http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....gz',wget: bad address 'ipkg.preware.org',wget: bad address 'ipkg.preware.org',wget: bad address 'ipkg.preware.org',wget: bad address 'ipkg.preware.org',wget: bad address 'ipkg.preware.org',wget: bad address 'ipkg.preware.org',wget: bad address 'ipkg.preware.org',wget: bad address 'ipkg.preware.org',wget: bad address 'ipkg.preware.org',wget: bad address 'ipkg.preware.org',wget: bad address 'ipkg.preware.org',wget: bad address 'ipkg.preware.org'

(and yes, it does repeat that 12x).

at the bottom you only have the option of tapping "OK", at which point you get the normal preware screen, but theres NOTHING there....no updates, no apps, no themes, everything is grayed out except for the "Installed Packages" and "List of Everything" options at the bottom, but thats only cause preware is looking at the local device....

any insight as to what in the world broke so bad?
    Dude, your network DNS resolution is broken, not Preware.

-- Rod
    well crap, a reboot of the device and everythings back to normal. im just wondering why it wasnt resolving DNS there... oh well, thanks!