Page 285 of 305 FirstFirst ... 185235275280281282283284285286287288289290295 ... LastLast
Results 5,681 to 5,700 of 6094
  1.    #5681  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    I know we can choose from 2 themes in preware, would we ever have more? Like black and red stuff like that?
    If someone were to make one of quality, we might include it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    I know we can choose from 2 themes in preware, would we ever have more? Like black and red stuff like that?
    Preware is open source. That's an addition that any webOS developer could contribute.

I personally use the default Palm light theme for absolutely everything, and am trying to get apps like Spaz to support that

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    If someone were to make one of quality, we might include it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Preware is open source. That's an addition that any webOS developer could contribute.

I personally use the default Palm light theme for absolutely everything, and am trying to get apps like Spaz to support that

-- Rod
    oh ok thanks for letting me know. I will try starting a thread asking some one to make one, cause my computer is broken and blah
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    Make sure your Package Manager Service is also up to date (version 0.9.44) and be sure to reboot the phone. Then try again and report back with your results. Hopefully between those two steps, you'll be back up and running.
    Sorry for the delay, and thanks for the assistance. I've checked, that is the version I'm on. There have been a few reboots between then and now - 1.4 likes to reboot ;-)

What's the output from the following command?

Code:
    ls -l /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/
    root@palm-webos-device: ls -l /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 32768 Mar 28 08:52 cache
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 65536 Mar 25 08:53 info
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 32768 Mar 28 08:52 lists
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 15532 Mar 25 08:53 status
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 32768 Mar 28 08:52 tmp

Hmm. As of this morning, it is working! No, I haven't changed anything. How bizarre...
    nneeed help i installed preware and webos and when i run preware is says "fatal ipkg configuration failure" any tips
  6. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ricanhulk View Post
    nneeed help i installed preware and webos and when i run preware is says "fatal ipkg configuration failure" any tips
    Please try to provide more detail of exactly what you've done (step by step) when requesting help. WebOS already comes pre-installed on your device. What do you mean you installed it? What were you doing (installing something?) when you got the error?
    i downloaded preware from webos and package manger but everytime i open preware i get fatal configuration failure. not sure what to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larson53 View Post
    i downloaded preware from webos and package manger but everytime i open preware i get fatal configuration failure. not sure what to do.
    The first thing would be to give a better problem report, including (but not limited to) such things as the webOS version you are running, the versions of preware and ipkgservice you installed, the version of the tool you used to install them, and the exact error message.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Just a note, total wishlist item...

I implore someone with the skill to add an option to ignore a vendor or developer (with a list to add/remove).

Example, PalmAgent, Inc flooding the developer.palm feed.

And Preware is awesome, totally makes the OS worth it.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by aramova View Post
    Just a note, total wishlist item...

I implore someone with the skill to add an option to ignore a vendor or developer (with a list to add/remove).

Example, PalmAgent, Inc flooding the developer.palm feed.

And Preware is awesome, totally makes the OS worth it.

Thanks!
    Agreed. This is a great item for someone who is interested in becoming an open source Preware developer to take on as a challenge.

-- Rod
    I remember reading an article saying you didn't have to do the emergency patch removal anymore when a new system update came out, but I am not sure what needs to be done. I am trying to update to 1.4.1.1 and i don't want to mess up my phone. do I need to do anything first?
    If you're OCing, then remove that, you don't need to remove regular patches.
    quick question:

after updating to 1.4.1.1, I've noticed that Preware doesn't show updates from the Palm App Catalog anymore. I still can view the complete list, but it does show as a package update. (Preware v0.9.31, PMS v0.9.44, webOS v1.4.1.1). An example of this would be the FourSquare app that got an update in the Web Apps feed showed up as an update in the App Catalog app, but not in Preware.

Is this widespread, or just a glitch I am noticing?

I can move this post to the general update issues thread if that is the correct place for it.

Thanks, and webosinternals rocks!
    Last edited by coveredwagonkid; 04/01/2010 at 06:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by coveredwagonkid View Post
    quick question:

after updating to 1.4.1.1, I've noticed that Preware doesn't show updates from the Palm App Catalog anymore. I still can view the complete list, but it does show as a package update. (Preware v0.9.31, PMS v0.9.44, webOS v1.4.1.1). An example of this would be the FourSquare app that got an update in the Web Apps feed showed up as an update in the App Catalog app, but not in Preware.

Is this widespread, or just a glitch I am noticing?

I can move this post to the general update issues thread if that is the correct place for it.

Thanks, and webosinternals rocks!
    We turned off the app catalog feed updating while working on the patch feeds, to make sure there was no chance of corruption of either. It's back on again now and should update in the next 15 to 30 minutes.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    We turned off the app catalog feed updating while working on the patch feeds, to make sure there was no chance of corruption of either. It's back on again now and should update in the next 15 to 30 minutes.

-- Rod
    thanks rod!
    Ive used Preware successfully for a few months now and its Amazing.

However, I had to Doctor my pre after the lastest update, and after updating everything and reinstalling Preware, everytime I launch it i get:

" Failure during 'getConfigs' operation "

I noticed a few other similar complaints recently, is there a an easy fix? Im about to doctor it again.. i cant live much longer without Preware!! haha
    help pleaase
    thanx, I'll post if I find a solution
    Well its working now..
    I uninstalled and reinstalled for like the 50th time..
    except this time i ran the installer from preware.org instead of doing it directly though webosquickinstall.. hm
    oh well, im happy, carry on
    Quote Originally Posted by nousername View Post
    Well its working now..
    I uninstalled and reinstalled for like the 50th time..
    except this time i ran the installer from preware.org instead of doing it directly though webosquickinstall.. hm
    oh well, im happy, carry on
    You could have just made sure that you had installed the Package Manager Service as well, and selected Update Feeds - you would have only needed to do those things once.

-- Rod
    I just updated to 1.4.1 (bell pre) and am trying to launch pre-ware and it keeps getting stuck on "loading palm catalog" - left it for a good 10m and still in the same spot...

I did a reboot and tried again but same issue... any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by izkeepsitreal View Post
    I just updated to 1.4.1 (bell pre) and am trying to launch pre-ware and it keeps getting stuck on "loading palm catalog" - left it for a good 10m and still in the same spot...

I did a reboot and tried again but same issue... any suggestions?
    Try temporarily disabling the feed.

-- Rod