Page 284 of 305 FirstFirst ... 184234274279280281282283284285286287288289294 ... LastLast
Results 5,661 to 5,680 of 6094
    Ok now preware loaded properly but again it is showing that I have no theme installed which I don't, but it is also not showing the new iphone icon theme. It was there earlier.
    ok boom did a partial erase and worked my way through that problem. Only thing is now, that Preware is not showing any of my patches as installed. I know they are still installed though because they are still functioning, but when I go to the patch list on preware it stills gives me the option to install every one of them. I tried to run an EPR but when I did that it gave me the IPKG Error.

Any suggestions? or is not a big deal? I'm thinking it is because when updates for the patches become avaliable I will have no notice of them.

Thanks
    Trying the Emergency File Verification hopefully this will it fix it....... Nope, Got the same error as before.
    Going to try and remove them with QI and re-install via preware.
    QI isn't showing the patches either. Hope I wasn't supposed to remove patches before the partial erase...??? Looks like this pre might have to go to the doctor?
    cool I'm #500 to thank!
  7. Wil
    I just doctored my phone to WebOS 1.4 and I'm having trouble with my Preware. I am able to download themes onto the phone but everytime I try to install any patches it gives me a "Error Instaling: See IPKG Log" Anyone having the same problem?
    I'm getting the ERROR INSTALLING too. return value:22 ... wget:server return error 404 ... ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during 'install'

It worked before the OTA update to 1.4 but I hadn't tried updating or installing any homebrew apps for a few weeks.

I'm on version 0.9.12 of preware so I tried updating it. Going into preware and finding the package manager service, it shows the tiny green arrow (meaning update available, right?) But the only choice is "Remove" button. Tap remove and preware won't let you remove it without removing luna mgr and and preware. Is that right? Remove preware while using preware? Does it install itself again then?
    -thank you in advance for any suggestions, Rick
  9. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redroosterfarm View Post
    I'm getting the ERROR INSTALLING too. return value:22 ... wget:server return error 404 ... ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during 'install'

It worked before the OTA update to 1.4 but I hadn't tried updating or installing any homebrew apps for a few weeks.

I'm on version 0.9.12 of preware so I tried updating it. Going into preware and finding the package manager service, it shows the tiny green arrow (meaning update available, right?) But the only choice is "Remove" button. Tap remove and preware won't let you remove it without removing luna mgr and and preware. Is that right? Remove preware while using preware? Does it install itself again then?
    -thank you in advance for any suggestions, Rick
    You're using a very old version of Preware. We're up to version 9.31 now. Your not going to be able to update it using Preware as evidenced by the green arrow which means you already have the app installed. A BLUE arrow would mean an update is available. I suggest that you remove both Preware and the Package Manager Service, and then reinstall the latest versions using WebOS Quick Install.
    And make sure it's version 3.02 of WebOS Quick Instal.

-- Rod
  11. Wil
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    You're using a very old version of Preware. We're up to version 9.31 now. Your not going to be able to update it using Preware as evidenced by the green arrow which means you already have the app installed. A BLUE arrow would mean an update is available. I suggest that you remove both Preware and the Package Manager Service, and then reinstall the latest versions using WebOS Quick Install.
    I am currently on version 9.31 preware now and still having the same issue. Any suggestions?
  12. Wil
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    I am currently on version 9.31 preware now and still having the same issue. Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wil View Post
    Much as I hate to say "me too", um, Me Too.
    FWIW this is on a GSM Pre. Preware was working fine after 1.4, until yesterday when I installed the recent preware self-update.

If there's anything I can do to help diagnose this, please ask.
    thank you for all you guys do. I love the phone i only used to like.
    After updating and the removing and reinstalling through WebOS QI, I'm getting:

"Failure during 'update' operation
    ipkg_conf_init: Failed to create
    temporary directory `(null)':
    Input/Output error"
  16. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swaldman View Post
    Much as I hate to say "me too", um, Me Too.
    FWIW this is on a GSM Pre. Preware was working fine after 1.4, until yesterday when I installed the recent preware self-update.

If there's anything I can do to help diagnose this, please ask.
    Make sure your Package Manager Service is also up to date (version 0.9.44) and be sure to reboot the phone. Then try again and report back with your results. Hopefully between those two steps, you'll be back up and running.
    Quote Originally Posted by relic419 View Post
    After updating and the removing and reinstalling through WebOS QI, I'm getting:

"Failure during 'update' operation
    ipkg_conf_init: Failed to create
    temporary directory `(null)':
    Input/Output error"
    Update webOS to 1.3.5 or later.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Update webOS to 1.3.5 or later.

-- Rod
    Running 1.4. I updated to the latest Preware, and I got that error message.

The first time, I update package manager service and Preware, through Preware.

Got the error, so I removed it with WebOS QI, and then reinstalled both again. The message still persists.
    Quote Originally Posted by relic419 View Post
    Running 1.4. I updated to the latest Preware, and I got that error message.

The first time, I update package manager service and Preware, through Preware.

Got the error, so I removed it with WebOS QI, and then reinstalled both again. The message still persists.
    What's the output from the following command?

Code:
    ls -l /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/
    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I know we can choose from 2 themes in preware, would we ever have more? Like black and red stuff like that?