Page 283 of 305 FirstFirst ... 183233273278279280281282283284285286287288293 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,660 of 6094
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mallibubarbie View Post
    I think I figure out what you mean... I just saw a screen that said OS: Palm Webos 1.2.1... can I update this in some way?
    In the launcher.. the little box that looks like a gift.. click it and you should be good to go.
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    nm...
    Last edited by SiLlY; 03/18/2010 at 08:52 PM.
    so I have been missing around with the preware app, I came across a lil problem. I lost some of my pictures to the icons, like the upgrade and device info icons are just moons now. I have installed and uninstalled the patches and such but nothing is working, any help is appericated.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Preware is not able to comply with the app catalogue content requirements because it is able to install something which is not in the app catalogue.

Preware's very functionality prohibits it from ever being in the app catalogue, unfortunately.

-- Rod
    I presume app scoop gets around this by working within the app catalog system? What about a watered down version with just the non-dangerous patches?...something palm should probably do themselves to make the phone more customizable to make it more marketable to the average consumer...
    I have installed preware, the package manager service, homebrew patches, etc. On my pre and I am now experiencing some hardware issues. I know that it has nothing to do with any patches I have installed or anything like that. Does having these patches and other homebrews cancel my warantee or can I just go change my phone in for a refurb? If someone could email me with the subject "palm pre" I would greatly appreciate it. Email is 2fast4u2113@gmail.com. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by timetopretend13 View Post
    I have installed preware, the package manager service, homebrew patches, etc. On my pre and I am now experiencing some hardware issues. I know that it has nothing to do with any patches I have installed or anything like that. Does having these patches and other homebrews cancel my warantee or can I just go change my phone in for a refurb? If someone could email me with the subject "palm pre" I would greatly appreciate it. Email is . Thanks

you can just remove all patches via emergency patch removal and the remove preware to ensure you don't have problems with an exchange...it varies from store to store as to whether they'll give you a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkumar99 View Post
    you can just remove all patches via emergency patch removal and the remove preware to ensure you don't have problems with an exchange...it varies from store to store as to whether they'll give you a problem.
    my other issue tho is that I have command line stuck. I have ran EPR multiple times and cannot get it off. Is there any way other than just doctoring my pre to get it off?
    my other issue tho is that I have command line stuck. I have ran EPR multiple times and cannot get it off. Is there any way other than just doctoring my pre to get it off?
    Doctoring almost always works and doesn't take too long, but I will defer to someone else regarding the command line issue.
    There is another method - you can use WebOS Repair Utility (with compatibility mode set to OFF) and this will return any edited files to their original states (therefore reversing patches, themes, tweaks and so on).

It is 'easier' than doctoring, but make sure you read the relevant documentation so that you are prepared and know what to expect.
    None of my feeds will update. I only know this because preware got an error message on all feed updates, something about returning a value of 1 on each one. That affects the app store too, as well as Sprint TV, etc. This doesn't sound like a preware issue but an webOS update issue, correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by kkumar99 View Post
    I presume app scoop gets around this by working within the app catalog system? What about a watered down version with just the non-dangerous patches?...something palm should probably do themselves to make the phone more customizable to make it more marketable to the average consumer...
    App Scoop only accesses the Palm feeds, and therefore meets the content requirements. It cannot install homebrew applications, services, plugins, patches or themes.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    This phone really isn't for the average consumer. It sucks as a stock unit. Most people that are into this phone, and still own it.. are tinkerers like most of us here.

Just the fact that people are on this site looking for info/tweaks proves that. The average consumer buys a phone and is completely satisfied living the mundane life in stockville.

jmho..
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyBlanco View Post
    so I have been missing around with the preware app, I came across a lil problem. I lost some of my pictures to the icons, like the upgrade and device info icons are just moons now. I have installed and uninstalled the patches and such but nothing is working, any help is appericated.

am I able to get any help on this
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyBlanco View Post
    am I able to get any help on this
    With the little information you have given so far, we would need to guess at what your problem is.

Please read How To Ask Questions The Smart Way for best results when requesting help with a problematic situation. Otherwise, we're just guessing at what your problem is, because unless there are at least 10 other people here reporting the same problem (there are over 200,000 users of Preware), then it's likely to be something about your individual setup, rather than a problem with Preware.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    What version of webOS are you using? The latest versions of Preware support webOS 1.3.5 or later only.

-- Rod
    Thanks, now I know why it is not working. 1.4 I cannot download because than my phone is not working but when I use WebOs Doc it brings me to 1.3.1. How can I download 1.3.5?
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    With the little information you have given so far, we would need to guess at what your problem is.

Please read How To Ask Questions The Smart Way for best results when requesting help with a problematic situation. Otherwise, we're just guessing at what your problem is, because unless there are at least 10 other people here reporting the same problem (there are over 200,000 users of Preware), then it's likely to be something about your individual setup, rather than a problem with Preware.

-- Rod
    I'm bookmarking that link! LMAO... Nice!
    Do you think with one of the future Preware updates; that you can add a Numerical sorting option? Now that Preware has thousands of Apps/Themes; I would like to be able to see how many apps are left in the folder. So when I viewing themes for example; if I can see I'm on the 200th Theme and that there is 400 Themes in that folder; then I can see that I have 200 more Themes to scroll through. As it is now, I have no idea how many more Apps or Themes are left to scroll through.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Quote Originally Posted by pansovic View Post
    Thanks, now I know why it is not working. 1.4 I cannot download because than my phone is not working but when I use WebOs Doc it brings me to 1.3.1. How can I download 1.3.5?
    Why would your phone not be working with webOS 1.4.0 ?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Why would your phone not be working with webOS 1.4.0 ?

-- Rod
    Post 322 in http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...orking-17.html gave me the answer.
    Earlier I went to download the new iphone icons theme and I accidentally starting downloading over top of the black launcher theme I had installed. So I hurried and closed preware and restarted my pre, now I keep getting all these errors with preware after it takes forever to load the feeds. I used QI and uninstalled preware a couple times now and it's still a no go. It worked a couple of times but when I went back to look for the iphone icon theme, it's not there.

Basically after the feeds take forever trying to load it comes up with a screen that says "bad address" a whole bunch of times. Any suggestions on what I can do to get preware running properly again?