Page 280 of 305 FirstFirst ... 180230270275276277278279280281282283284285290 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,600 of 6094
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Opening Preware under Webos 1.4 I get error message: "Service Method Exception: java.lang.NUllPointerException undefined" Any help?

Due to other problem I reinstalled webos to 1.3.1 and now get error "Fatal ipkg configuration failure undefined"
    Last edited by pansovic; 03/13/2010 at 05:36 AM.
    Hey guys, question for you. I keep my pre (and all of preware/patches/etc up to day carefully), but I had forgotten that I had left Preware and other things on my wife's pre a long time ago. So I pick up her pre today to "fix" something for her, and realize that while her phone is updated to 1.4 and is working perfectly (she didn't have any patches installed, just homebrew apps), Preware is on version ~0.9.8, and isn't functioning exactly right. It doesn't show any available updates, of any kind, so not sure on how to proceed to get her phone up to date.

What's the best way to approach getting Preware up to date? I do have command line access and am comfortable with that, just wondering what other problems I might run into in trying to get this straightened out. How should I proceed?
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post
    Hey guys, question for you. I keep my pre (and all of preware/patches/etc up to day carefully), but I had forgotten that I had left Preware and other things on my wife's pre a long time ago. So I pick up her pre today to "fix" something for her, and realize that while her phone is updated to 1.4 and is working perfectly (she didn't have any patches installed, just homebrew apps), Preware is on version ~0.9.8, and isn't functioning exactly right. It doesn't show any available updates, of any kind, so not sure on how to proceed to get her phone up to date.

What's the best way to approach getting Preware up to date? I do have command line access and am comfortable with that, just wondering what other problems I might run into in trying to get this straightened out. How should I proceed?
    If you have command line access, the best thing to do is run the preware-bootstrap script. Instructions are at the end of the Preware wiki page.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If you have command line access, the best thing to do is run the preware-bootstrap script. Instructions are at the end of the Preware wiki page.

-- Rod
    Sweet, worked great.

It just scared me when preware couldn't see the updates, and with how many Preware and WebOS updates there have been. I didn't want it to mess anything up and have to spend an extra hour tonight visiting the doctor so my wife would have her phone tomorrow. Thanks a ton.
    ok so i doctored my pre all the way back to 1.0.3 and then back to 1.4.

It took a while since the 1.4 was about 155mb but then preware gave me an error that i needed the gnu patch and lsdiff. I could not install them with preware so i had to look for it in QI. now is all good.
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I have nodoze and package manager service up to date but they still appear in the update package every time I open preware
    Does preware work with windows 7?
    Im trying to install it but I keep getting "the program installation failed"
    I tried to download it thru webOS quick install.. but it did not appear on the list
    Any suggestions please?
  8. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ferchope View Post
    I have nodoze and package manager service up to date but they still appear in the update package every time I open preware
    Try running the update once (if you haven't already - you didn't say if you ever did), and then reboot the phone after you update (if you haven't already - you didn't say if you ever did). If you're still having the issue after these steps, we'll at least know you've taken the first basic ones.
  9. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica91 View Post
    Does preware work with windows 7?
    Im trying to install it but I keep getting "the program installation failed"
    I tried to download it thru webOS quick install.. but it did not appear on the list
    Any suggestions please?
    You're trying to install Preware on a Windows 7 PC?? It's meant to be installed on your PHONE, not the PC.
    Im having the same issue
  11. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stak1bsc View Post
    Im having the same issue
    Hit the quote button on the message you're replying to so we know which same issue you're referring to
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    Try running the update once (if you haven't already - you didn't say if you ever did), and then reboot the phone after you update (if you haven't already - you didn't say if you ever did). If you're still having the issue after these steps, we'll at least know you've taken the first basic ones.
    I uninstalled preware and the manager package service then I reset the phone and installed both again.now the issue is gone
    I updated to 1.4 and had problems with the update (random reboots, patches not working, screen freezing). I decided to go down to 1.3.5.1. so I could hopefully use my patches and such. Preware only shows the optware, linux application, and a small amount of applications. Tried to uninstall preware and the package service program and reinstalling it same thing. Sorry if this was asked before but I really frustrated with my phone since I need to use it to stay in touch with my group members for an important project for college.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    So i just did a reset of my phone (erase apps and data style), so it erased some things but not all?
    My patches still are in use as I noticed landscape mode in messaging and 4x4 view in the launcher, but the preware icon disappeared as did the Luna manager.
    I reinstalled via WebOS quickinstall but still nothing. Everything appears to look like its loaded back on fine. but I cant press any preware icon to launch it on my phone.

Whered it go? How do i get it back? (I tried searching but I'm not even sure how to search such an inquiry)
    Quote Originally Posted by lodown3 View Post
    So i just did a reset of my phone (erase apps and data style), so it erased some things but not all?
    My patches still are in use as I noticed landscape mode in messaging and 4x4 view in the launcher, but the preware icon disappeared as did the Luna manager.
    I reinstalled via WebOS quickinstall but still nothing. Everything appears to look like its loaded back on fine. but I cant press any preware icon to launch it on my phone.

Whered it go? How do i get it back? (I tried searching but I'm not even sure how to search such an inquiry)
    What version of QI did you use to reinstall?

-- Rod
    And did you reinstall the Package Manager Service?
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Great Program but, It takes way too long to load up and change things, is it possible to not make it load so much at the beginning? I shouldn't have to load every single App or Patch untill i click inside that category?

sometimes i just want to get in there quickly and see if i have a patch installed and i have to wait like 2 minutes.

my 2cents
  18. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mairboy View Post
    Great Program but, It takes way too long to load up and change things, is it possible to not make it load so much at the beginning? I shouldn't have to load every single App or Patch untill i click inside that category?

sometimes i just want to get in there quickly and see if i have a patch installed and i have to wait like 2 minutes.

my 2cents
    Disable updating feeds each time you start up under preferences if you don't want it to take so long to start up.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    (webos 1.4, a few patches, some homebrew-apps)
    every time i have closed preware after an install or an update for one of my installed apps and after having switched off screen i get a luna restart - some times without touching my pre, some times when i tried to wake it using the power button on the top right upper side.
    the other time i put the pre on the touchstone, screen was off and i got no notification ("battery loading" or so, in german: "akku wird geladen").
    if i tap on power button, i see a glimpse of the screen and then: luna-restart.
    the other time i put the pre on the touchstone, screen was on. after a minute the screen dims (doesn't go black!) and the yellow lock is shown down just above the launcher bar - no clock is shown.
    if i tap on the power-button: luna-restart ...
    i have this issue every day once or more if i install or update apps within preware.
    i didn't have the issue, if i don't use preware (for 3 (!) days tested)
    that's driving me mad
    Quote Originally Posted by conum View Post
    (webos 1.4, a few patches, some homebrew-apps)
    every time i have closed preware after an install or an update for one of my installed apps and after having switched off screen i get a luna restart - some times without touching my pre, some times when i tried to wake it using the power button on the top right upper side.
    the other time i put the pre on the touchstone, screen was off and i got no notification ("battery loading" or so, in german: "akku wird geladen").
    if i tap on power button, i see a glimpse of the screen and then: luna-restart.
    the other time i put the pre on the touchstone, screen was on. after a minute the screen dims (doesn't go black!) and the yellow lock is shown down just above the launcher bar - no clock is shown.
    if i tap on the power-button: luna-restart ...
    i have this issue every day once or more if i install or update apps within preware.
    i didn't have the issue, if i don't use preware (for 3 (!) days tested)
    that's driving me mad
    It's a bug in WebOS 1.4 - Preware is not the only app which triggers the Palm bug. Nothing we can do about it but wait for 1.4.1 ...

-- Rod