Page 28 of 305 FirstFirst ... 1823242526272829303132333878128 ... LastLast
    Thanks you !

Problem Solved ! :-)
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    I've been having a slight problem with Preware: When I start up the program, it tells me that it can't connect to the directory. Then I completely lose my data signal, all of my bars go away and then my bars come back, but the EV symbol doesn't and I can't connect to data services. Has anyone else had this problem? The only way I can fix it is to restart my phone and we all know just how long that takes.
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhulk View Post
    I've been having a slight problem with Preware: When I start up the program, it tells me that it can't connect to the directory. Then I completely lose my data signal, all of my bars go away and then my bars come back, but the EV symbol doesn't and I can't connect to data services. Has anyone else had this problem? The only way I can fix it is to restart my phone and we all know just how long that takes.
    That sometimes happens to me too. If you wait awhile after the signal drops it'll come back up again
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    That sometimes happens to me too. If you wait awhile after the signal drops it'll come back up again
    Well now I don't feel so bad. Seems a little shady, though. Applications that completely kill your signal are kind of detrimental.
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhulk View Post
    Well now I don't feel so bad. Seems a little shady, though. Applications that completely kill your signal are kind of detrimental.
    Preware does not kill your signal by design, so this must be a problem that has not been found in the alpha and beta testing so far.

I don't have a Pre, so can't test it myself. You can help fix that at http://forums.precentral.net/palm-ge...needs-pre.html ...

In the meantime, I'll need you to somehow access the /var/log/messages file (perhaps using Internalz or Linux access) and post the contents of that file somewhere where I can look at it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Problem witn Preware loading on Pre

I have Preware installed I want to open the onboard preware App so I can remove the Onscreen keyboard in preparation for WEB Os update.

Preware won't load i get the spinning circle but it doesn't load..

Anyone else having the same problem
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    happens on occasion for me. It's working fine for me right now.
    I deleted preware because I just had too many problems with it.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Preware does not kill your signal by design
    Good to know. That would be a bad, bad design.

I've had the same problem once or twice, but only since the last version update. I'm glad to read that simply restarting Preware has been working for people.
    You must install the Preware Package Manager service BEFORE you install the Preware application on the Pre.

So open WebOS Quick Install, click the add application button, then click the dropdown list at the top and choose WebOS internals(Pre). Then remove Preware if you haven't already. Then go back to the list and click the checkbox for the Preware Package Manager Service. Click download and then install. After that's installed repeat those steps but choose Preware, then click download and install again, and all should be working.
    Quote Originally Posted by K4p741nkrunch View Post
    You must install the Preware Package Manager service BEFORE you install the Preware application on the Pre.

So open WebOS Quick Install, click the add application button, then click the dropdown list at the top and choose WebOS internals(Pre). Then remove Preware if you haven't already. Then go back to the list and click the checkbox for the Preware Package Manager Service. Click download and then install. After that's installed repeat those steps but choose Preware, then click download and install again, and all should be working.
    It worked before so I am not sure why it is not working now.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    i havent been able to get preware to load all night, im running 7.7 still, but it wont load to do an update. just hangs on loading
    Quote Originally Posted by bscabl View Post
    i havent been able to get preware to load all night, im running 7.7 still, but it wont load to do an update. just hangs on loading
    You need the latest version. Use WebOS Quick Install to update it.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Thanks for the reply & for working on the app. I'll try to be patient!
    Quote Originally Posted by drmull View Post
    Thanks for the reply & for working on the app. I'll try to be patient!
    Please follow http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-proposal.html for progess.

-- Rod
    So with the new packages listed in the webosinternals feed preware can root your Pre? Cool.... But, too late for me, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by hmagoo View Post
    So with the new packages listed in the webosinternals feed preware can root your Pre? Cool.... But, too late for me, lol.
    There is really no such thing as "rooting a Pre". The Pre comes from the factory with a Linux root user account accessible via official Palm SDK tools.

If what you are talking about is providing an alternate means to access the Linux command line, then the Terminal program already provides that.

The new programs are simply some SSH clients (server functionality is not enabled yet) and the Nano editor.

-- Rod
    Ahh, it turns out that when I get the Package Manager service not running message, Java seems to be crashing and restarting, because the phone goes offline for a few seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Ahh, it turns out that when I get the Package Manager service not running message, Java seems to be crashing and restarting, because the phone goes offline for a few seconds.
    happans to me to and java starts back up. Happens both forpreware and lunamanager.. But after it comes back all is good. I to am running webos 1.2 maybe that's why
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    The question is: Why is Java restarting? Preware does not intentionally cause that, and there could be any number of reasons (e.g. out of memory from some other app) which could cause it.

Do you see anything in /var/log/messages ?

-- Rod