Page 279 of 305 FirstFirst ... 179229269274275276277278279280281282283284289 ... LastLast
Results 5,561 to 5,580 of 6094
  1. tcurtin's Avatar
    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    #5561  
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    install looks like it is an artifact from a bad ipkg -o install for example.

    What's in /root ? That shouldn't be there.
    Sadly, another good option... but also empty. I've deleted both /install and /root...
  2. tcurtin's Avatar
    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    #5562  
    No way to see a log of ipkg and ipkg-opt installs, eh? That's a shame...
  3. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #5563  
    What's with the new PW and PMS update? All available apps and patches are gone and it's only showing the stuff I already had installed.. .

    Connection refused,wget: cannot connect to remote host...
  4. #5564  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    What's with the new PW and PMS update? All available apps and patches are gone and it's only showing the stuff I already had installed.. .

    Connection refused,wget: cannot connect to remote host...
    The Package Manager Service now removes all package feed cache files when you reinstall it, just in case any of them are the erroneously large ones caused by the server overload with webOS 1.4 was released.

    Update Feeds will get them back.

    It looks like there is an unrelated problem with the ipkg mirror site. I've changed the DNS entry to point back to the main feeds on the new server, but it may take an hour or so for that DNS change to propagate.

    If ipkg.preware.org points to 140.211.169.161 then it has completed propagation. If not, then please wait an hour or so. Apologies.

    -- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 03/12/2010 at 03:26 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  5. #5565  
    I just got through updating preware and no nothing works will not down load any package updates worked before then did the update and a min later tried it and no go guess you guys are still having server probs i take it? Love the app keep up the good work...
  6. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #5566  
    69.163.133.43 Connection refused.

    Does that help ya?
  7. #5567  
    strange it's 3:28AM but says my post was posted at 6:27AM
  8. #5568  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    69.163.133.43 Connection refused.

    Does that help ya?
    Yups that's what i am getting they will work it out soon i think... here is a screen shot just encase you needed it Attachment 43446
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gitit20; 03/12/2010 at 03:41 AM.
  9. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #5569  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If ipkg.preware.org points to it has completed propagation. If not, then please wait an hour or so. Apologies.

    -- Rod
    No worries.. I'll look for the fix in the morning. Thanks for all that Preware offers!
  10. #5570  
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    I just got through updating preware and no nothing works will not down load any package updates worked before then did the update and a min later tried it and no go guess you guys are still having server probs i take it? Love the app keep up the good work...
    Well, the new server is working fine, but we hadn't transitioned the Preware feeds back from the mirror server that we put in place so Preware would continue working while the old server was being upgraded.

    Sometimes you just can't win

    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    69.163.133.43 Connection refused.
    Does that help ya?
    Yeah, that's the IP address of the mirror server (ipkg3.preware.org). When that changes at your end to a different value (the IP address of ipkg2.preware.org, to which ipkg.preware.org is now pointed) things should start working again (gotta love DNS propagation delays).

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  11. #5571  
    [QUOTE=rwhitby;2301591]Well, the new server is working fine, but we hadn't transitioned the Preware feeds back from the mirror server that we put in place so Preware would continue working while the old server was being upgraded.

    Sometimes you just can't win

    Yes i know how you feel i work with game servers all the time for farcry 2 and what not and it can be a royal pain in the buttock some times...

    All i know is you guys are on top of things and always fix stuff very fast Thank you for all your hard work...
  12. #5572  
    looks like its working again :0 Thank you...
  13. #5573  
    Is there any chance that an extra option could be added to the second line in the preferences?

    I'd like to see version, date, and feed together as an option.

    Thanks for the great app. Keep up the outstanding work!
  14. #5574  
    Rod, et al,

    Had some very unexpected behavior this morning upon updating Preware, behavior that was replicated exactly by my cousin. Here's what happened:

    - Earlier this week I loaded and set up Preset Reset.
    - Preset Reset reset my Pre then loaded four native Palm apps (Calendar, Messaging, Email, and Phone) plus one third-party app.
    - Launched Preware and saw that there was an update for Preware itself.
    - Updated Preware and it closed as expected, but after it closed the only app left open was the one third-party app already open; all of the native apps were closed.

    As I said, my cousin had native apps (only two) plus a third party app open (all launched by Preset Reset) when he updated Preware and got the same result--native apps were gone and only the third-party app remained open.

    Any idea what would cause this? My cousin seemed to think that Preware had previously closed native Palm apps that he had open; however, I don't recall ever seeing this behavior myself.

    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
  15. #5575  
    Thanks for adding the ability to manually add a feed. That would make it useful for those who want to try out the Qt Demos.

    BTW, are there any plans to add a download progress bar to the scene when a package or patch is being downloaded? For example, the Qt framework package was much larger than most packages (nearly 20Mb) and I had no indication if there was any progress being made to download it. The standard webOS app store installer does and it's nice to know that it is doing something vs watching the spinner.
  16. #5576  
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    Rod, et al,

    Had some very unexpected behavior this morning upon updating Preware, behavior that was replicated exactly by my cousin. Here's what happened:

    - Earlier this week I loaded and set up Preset Reset.
    - Preset Reset reset my Pre then loaded four native Palm apps (Calendar, Messaging, Email, and Phone) plus one third-party app.
    - Launched Preware and saw that there was an update for Preware itself.
    - Updated Preware and it closed as expected, but after it closed the only app left open was the one third-party app already open; all of the native apps were closed.

    As I said, my cousin had native apps (only two) plus a third party app open (all launched by Preset Reset) when he updated Preware and got the same result--native apps were gone and only the third-party app remained open.

    Any idea what would cause this? My cousin seemed to think that Preware had previously closed native Palm apps that he had open; however, I don't recall ever seeing this behavior myself.

    ME

    Something similar happened to me last night. I was listening to music on my pre, I stopped to take a break for a minute, launched Preware to see if there was anything new. There was an update to JSTop. When Preware was done updating, the music app closed. This was prior to Preware 0.9.30.

    I'll keep an eye on it and report back.

    Regards!
  17. #5577  
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    Rod, et al,

    Had some very unexpected behavior this morning upon updating Preware, behavior that was replicated exactly by my cousin. Here's what happened:

    - Earlier this week I loaded and set up Preset Reset.
    - Preset Reset reset my Pre then loaded four native Palm apps (Calendar, Messaging, Email, and Phone) plus one third-party app.
    - Launched Preware and saw that there was an update for Preware itself.
    - Updated Preware and it closed as expected, but after it closed the only app left open was the one third-party app already open; all of the native apps were closed.

    As I said, my cousin had native apps (only two) plus a third party app open (all launched by Preset Reset) when he updated Preware and got the same result--native apps were gone and only the third-party app remained open.

    Any idea what would cause this? My cousin seemed to think that Preware had previously closed native Palm apps that he had open; however, I don't recall ever seeing this behavior myself.

    ME
    We call the Palm rescan method, just like we have always done, but it seems to have this strange new behaviour that you have reported on 1.4 ...

    -- Rod
  18. #5578  
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    Thanks for adding the ability to manually add a feed. That would make it useful for those who want to try out the Qt Demos.

    BTW, are there any plans to add a download progress bar to the scene when a package or patch is being downloaded? For example, the Qt framework package was much larger than most packages (nearly 20Mb) and I had no indication if there was any progress being made to download it. The standard webOS app store installer does and it's nice to know that it is doing something vs watching the spinner.
    Yes, there are plans underway for this.

    -- Rod
  19. #5579  
    i get error taht i must install lsdiff and gnu patch to install patches.

    any ideas?
    Ivan's Themes main thread

    Oklahoma Sooner theme

    If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
  20. ay
    ay is offline
    ay's Avatar
    Posts
    720 Posts
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    #5580  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
    i get error taht i must install lsdiff and gnu patch to install patches.

    any ideas?
    This isn't an error. They're required services for the patches you're looking to install. Go ahead and install them (unless you already have them installed and didn't state that?).

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions