Page 277 of 305 FirstFirst ... 177227267272273274275276277278279280281282287 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,540 of 6094
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amrcc View Post
    Mine is doing that periodically too...Since 1.4...
    It has to be a specific patch (thinking it might be power button to hangup, bypass pin lock or advanced power button) cause other people that don't have as many patches as me but otherwise have the same configs are not having the issue.

You can tell when it is going to do it and reboot cause you hit the power button to bring the screen back and it sits there for a sec acting like it isn't responding or that you missed the button, then reboots.
    Mine was doing that too, but I don't have any of your noted patches installed.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I am not sure if this is the right place to post this as I find navigating these forums a tad confusing. I just wanted to take the time to publicly thank Jason and the gang at Canuk software for being so kind. You guys are the embodiment of what open source is all about. Not only did you take the time to share your skills by developing most excellent software, but you also took the time to help me when I had troubles not even related to your software. I just want you to know that it is not often we find truly nice people out there anymore and your kindness and efforts are much appreciated. HAZZAH and may I someday have the pleasure of hoisting a pint in your presence!
    I've started having a new issue today in Preware. I am getting stuck on the "Loading Package Information" with the spinning circle. The progress bar is stuck on "Status." It does not go past this. Anyone else seeing this? Any ideas what is causing it? How can I help debug it?

Note with multiple restarts of Preware, it does eventually completely load. But it takes 3-4 attempts at running Preware...

Thanks
    My preware will not hide the non free apps i tried to turn the only show free apps feature off then restart then turn it back on but it didn't work still just shows all the apps 2102 right now anyone got any ideas?
    Hi, I have the same problem. "Installed" looks empty,but when I listed directory, it looks full.

Only this:
    [20100308-08:20:14.370819] error: EXCEPTION [infoLoad#parse], (SyntaxError): "String '%0' is not valid JSON"
    found in log.

EDIT: Forget it. This is some bug in webosinternals-arm7 feed. If I disable it, error will show no more, but bug with zero Installed packages is still there.

EDIT: I have also empty ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps/ list_installed
    I found empty status file ( Is there way to restore it ?
    Last edited by Georgo10; 03/08/2010 at 01:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lightmagick View Post
    My preware will not hide the non free apps i tried to turn the only show free apps feature off then restart then turn it back on but it didn't work still just shows all the apps 2102 right now anyone got any ideas?
    Ok I'm just stupid I just looked back a couple pages and saw something rod posted about new alpha versions re-enabling the "Show Only Free Apps" option so that means that it just isn't working at all at the moment at least it's not just me. Good feature though look forward to that coming back in the future.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    I'd recommend figuring out why / is at 100% and/or doctoring.

To fix this patch manually, first remove any other patches that touch those first 3 files (anything in phone category):

patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/announcer-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/incomingcall-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/missedcall-assistant.jsjsjs

Then cp the three <file>.webosinternals.orig file back to the <file> (which should be stock files). After that Preware should have no problem removing the patch (as it will see it already unapplied and remove the package).

egaudet - I think I may have figured out what might be causing my / to be full:
    root@palm-webos-device:/opt# ipkg list_installed | wc
    538 2157 15666
    root@palm-webos-device:/opt# ipkg-opt list_installed | wc
    25 270 1630

a) Does that make sense?
    b) Is there a way for me to uninstall things from ipkg (which, from what I can tell, installs into / verses /opt) and reinstall using ipkg-opt?
    c) Do I need to make a change somewhere to make ipkg-opt the standard or something?

Thanks for any help...
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgo10 View Post
    Hi, I have the same problem. "Installed" looks empty,but when I listed directory, it looks full.

Only this:

found in log.

EDIT: Forget it. This is some bug in webosinternals-arm7 feed. If I disable it, error will show no more, but bug with zero Installed packages is still there.

EDIT: I have also empty ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps/ list_installed
    I found empty status file ( Is there way to restore it ?
    Emergency Reconstruction Utility to rebuild corrupted status file

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by tcurtin View Post
    egaudet - I think I may have figured out what might be causing my / to be full:
    root@palm-webos-device:/opt# ipkg list_installed | wc
    538 2157 15666
    That is all of webOS. No homebrew should ever touch anything in the rootfs' ipkg database. You should also not ever use it manually.

What I would do is use the md5sums and list files from the Palm ipkg database to find out what is modified and/or new. If you need help with scripting this come to the IRC channel #webos-internals on freenode.

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    For a while now I have had three patches on my pre (4x4 icons v2 / Landscape Email / Unthrottle Download Manager) that refuse to update or remove. I always receive the IPKG Log error. This problem started before the 1.4 update and still continues.

So far, I have tried EPR and the doctor. Neither did anything. They're not causing any problems, except that I can't get them to go away.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by jcleveland15; 03/08/2010 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Thread subscription
    Hi Rod,

I have been experiencing an issue where I don't get phone calls or text messages since the 1.4 update. I found a few threads about the issue and this one in particular has some very useful information.

http://forums.precentral.net/general...ter-1-4-a.html

In essence, what was discovered is that the Phone and Messaging apps are being terminated somehow. A couple users posted that they noticed it happening when a large amount of memory was being used by several apps. I tried re-creating the issue but could not, however, I just encountered it when using Preware. I posted my reply to the above thread below.

Given the scenario I encountered, could the termination of the phone & message apps being related to Preware? I do have several phone related patches on my phone so I don't want to make it seem like I'm blaming Preware but I thought I'd bring it to your attention to see if it is something you can test or look into the code to determine if Preware could be causing it...or the Package Manager service. I'm not a techno god like you and the others at WebOS Internals so looking into the code myself would be useless.

Thanks.

=======================
    I have tried re-creating this issue by loading a bunch of apps but could not. I tried throughout the day. I got the 'Too many cards' error before any of the Phone or Messaging apps were terminated. I launched Preware, App Catalog, YouTube, several games, etc but the Phone & Messaging apps were never terminated. I verified this using JsTop.

Given your information I have been leaving my Phone & Messaging apps open to ensure I do not miss any calls or text messages (as I missed several last night and this morning).

All this being said, I just encountered the issue with the Phone & Messaging apps being terminated. I was not trying to reproduce the issue. I launched Preware to check if there were any patch or app updates and there was an update to the Homebrew app 'Preopoly'. I clicked 'Update' and when the application was done updating the Cards I had open for the Phone & Messaging app were closed. I then launched JsTop and confirmed that I had no instances of these apps running.

When I tried to launch the Phone app it hung up at the splash screen. At this time JsTop showed one instance of the phone app running. I closed the Phone app card and then relaunched the phone app. It then successfully loaded. JsTop then showed two (2) instances of the app running. I then launched the Messaging app. It launched successfully on the first attempt and JsTop shows one instance of the app running.
    =======================
    Quote Originally Posted by mikedill24 View Post
    Hi Rod,

I have been experiencing an issue where I don't get phone calls or text messages since the 1.4 update. I found a few threads about the issue and this one in particular has some very useful information.

http://forums.precentral.net/general...ter-1-4-a.html

In essence, what was discovered is that the Phone and Messaging apps are being terminated somehow. A couple users posted that they noticed it happening when a large amount of memory was being used by several apps. I tried re-creating the issue but could not, however, I just encountered it when using Preware. I posted my reply to the above thread below.

Given the scenario I encountered, could the termination of the phone & message apps being related to Preware? I do have several phone related patches on my phone so I don't want to make it seem like I'm blaming Preware but I thought I'd bring it to your attention to see if it is something you can test or look into the code to determine if Preware could be causing it...or the Package Manager service. I'm not a techno god like you and the others at WebOS Internals so looking into the code myself would be useless.

Thanks.

=======================
    I have tried re-creating this issue by loading a bunch of apps but could not. I tried throughout the day. I got the 'Too many cards' error before any of the Phone or Messaging apps were terminated. I launched Preware, App Catalog, YouTube, several games, etc but the Phone & Messaging apps were never terminated. I verified this using JsTop.

Given your information I have been leaving my Phone & Messaging apps open to ensure I do not miss any calls or text messages (as I missed several last night and this morning).

All this being said, I just encountered the issue with the Phone & Messaging apps being terminated. I was not trying to reproduce the issue. I launched Preware to check if there were any patch or app updates and there was an update to the Homebrew app 'Preopoly'. I clicked 'Update' and when the application was done updating the Cards I had open for the Phone & Messaging app were closed. I then launched JsTop and confirmed that I had no instances of these apps running.

When I tried to launch the Phone app it hung up at the splash screen. At this time JsTop showed one instance of the phone app running. I closed the Phone app card and then relaunched the phone app. It then successfully loaded. JsTop then showed two (2) instances of the app running. I then launched the Messaging app. It launched successfully on the first attempt and JsTop shows one instance of the app running.
    =======================
    It's clear that if you have all the feeds enabled, Preware will use a significant chunk of memory while running (roughly of the order of the amount of information stored in the feed - maybe up to 10MB of memory maximum). It should use no memory while not running. The Package Manager Service uses minimal memory while running (it streams things in 4Kb chunks, so stores no more than that in memory at any one time), and no memory when Preware is not running.

However, if memory usage of a single app is able to stop phone calls, then that's a bug in WebOS, pure and simple.

So, to work around that bug in WebOS, you may want to temporarily consider disabling any feeds that you are not actively using until the webOS bug is fixed.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    There's something seriously wrong with your ipkgservice installation I think.

Can you please post the output from (cut and paste the command):

Code:
    ls -lR /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg
    -- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It's clear that if you have all the feeds enabled, Preware will use a significant chunk of memory while running (roughly of the order of the amount of information stored in the feed - maybe up to 10MB of memory maximum). It should use no memory while not running. The Package Manager Service uses minimal memory while running (it streams things in 4Kb chunks, so stores no more than that in memory at any one time), and no memory when Preware is not running.

However, if memory usage of a single app is able to stop phone calls, then that's a bug in WebOS, pure and simple.

So, to work around that bug in WebOS, you may want to temporarily consider disabling any feeds that you are not actively using until the webOS bug is fixed.

-- Rod
    Rod - Not sure if you "really" wanted to look over the IPKG directory, I posted it anyway. I have also been experiencing LUNA reboots, death of the email and phone background apps, etc - so I bit the bullet and doctored my pre. Since doctoring, PREWARE is now working - both feed management and startup. Incidentally, so far, the whole machine appears to be more stable (No Luna reboots for 2 days now)
    Thanks for your help.
    been tryin to get this pre workin on themes an other thing but cant get these programs to work at all help will be nice i need links if possible
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk25 View Post
    been tryin to get this pre workin on themes an other thing but cant get these programs to work at all help will be nice i need links if possible
    http://www.precentral.net/how-add-ho...hes-and-themes

here is the link to the place you need to go to
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by jcleveland15 View Post
    For a while now I have had three patches on my pre (4x4 icons v2 / Landscape Email / Unthrottle Download Manager) that refuse to update or remove. I always receive the IPKG Log error. This problem started before the 1.4 update and still continues.

So far, I have tried EPR and the doctor. Neither did anything. They're not causing any problems, except that I can't get them to go away.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.
    I had the "Named Launcher Pages" patch, which wouldn't uninstall after the 1.4.0 update...

"Erase Apps & Data" was the only thing that got it to work for me.
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Hrmm.. I just encountered the full rootfs, too. Ran the same cmd as tcurtin and got this:

root@palm-webos-device:/var/home/root# ipkg list_installed | wc
    537 2230 16179
    df -h

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
    rootfs 441.7M 441.7M 0 100% /
    /dev/root 31.0M 11.3M 19.7M 36% /boot
    /dev/mapper/store-root
    441.7M 441.7M 0 100% /
    /dev/mapper/store-root
    441.7M 441.7M 0 100% /dev/.static/dev
    tmpfs 2.0M 176.0k 1.8M 9% /dev
    /dev/mapper/store-var
    248.0M 53.8M 194.2M 22% /var
    /dev/mapper/store-log
    38.7M 7.5M 31.3M 19% /var/log
    tmpfs 64.0M 164.0k 63.8M 0% /tmp
    tmpfs 16.0M 52.0k 15.9M 0% /var/run
    tmpfs 119.5M 0 119.5M 0% /media/ram
    /dev/mapper/store-media
    6.7G 864.1M 5.8G 13% /media/internal
    /dev/mapper/store-var
    248.0M 53.8M 194.2M 22% /opt
    cryptofs 6.7G 864.1M 5.8G 13% /media/cryptofs
    Anyone making headway on what's causing this?

I can't complain though... since launch I've had the Pre and this is truly the first real issue I've had.

Let me know if you need me to do anything to help figure this out.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiLlY View Post
    Hrmm.. I just encountered the full rootfs, too. Ran the same cmd as tcurtin and got this:

df -h

Anyone making headway on what's causing this?

I can't complain though... since launch I've had the Pre and this is truly the first real issue I've had.

First check what's modified:

cd /
    cat /usr/lib/ipkg/info/*.md5sums > /tmp/md5sums
    md5sum -c /tmp/md5sums |grep -v OK

-Eric G

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by SiLlY View Post
    Hrmm.. I just encountered the full rootfs, too.
    Please post the output of the following commands:

mount

ls -l /

and tell us every single thing that you've installed *without* using Preware.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    First check what's modified:

cd /
    cat /usr/lib/ipkg/info/*.md5sums > /tmp/md5sums
    md5sum -c /tmp/md5sums |grep -v OK
    81 out of 10093 failed

Want me to paste what failed?