Page 273 of 305 FirstFirst ... 173223263268269270271272273274275276277278283 ... LastLast
Results 5,441 to 5,460 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    preferences, then manage feeds
    Thanks a bunch, up and running now.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Did you read the splash screen that popped up the very first time you ran Preware? Or the documentation on the Preware homepage?

-- Rod
    Thank you very much for your quick and knowledgeable reply. Up and running just like new.
    Quote Originally Posted by hodne1bj View Post
    Thank you very much for your quick and knowledgeable reply. Up and running just like new.
    It is a good idea to follow @webosinternals on twitter around the time of each webOS update, just in case

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    im sorry if this has been mentioned, but each time preware loads, the transition between loading and the list of stuff available I see about 2/3rds the way down .... then it goes into the lists and all is normal. Is this something left in the index.html that needs a delete or something with my install of preware? Started in 1.4.....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    im sorry if this has been mentioned, but each time preware loads, the transition between loading and the list of stuff available I see about 2/3rds the way down .... then it goes into the lists and all is normal. Is this something left in the index.html that needs a delete or something with my install of preware? Started in 1.4.....
    It's a subliminal message to remind you to donate to WebOS Internals.

It goes away for anyone who donates $1000 or more

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    In Preware I see 508 Apps in the Palm Catalog. In App Catalog I see 1604 Apps - Sprint.

Why the difference?
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    It is a good idea to follow @webosinternals on twitter around the time of each webOS update, just in case

-- Rod
    Just added a couple minutes ago actually. Thanks for the tip.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    In Preware I see 508 Apps in the Palm Catalog. In App Catalog I see 1604 Apps - Sprint.

Why the difference?
    I see:

Palm Beta 41
    Palm Catalog 1638
    Palm Web 130
    PreCentral 343

Do you have any feeds disabled, or are you showing only free apps?

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    I see:

Palm Beta 41
    Palm Catalog 1638
    Palm Web 130
    PreCentral 343

Do you have any feeds disabled, or are you showing only free apps?

-- Rod
    Ooops! Missed that.

Thanks
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Please use the WebOS Patches forum for questions about individual patches, or the AUPT thread in that forum for systemic questions about patching.

Thanks,

-- Rod
    will do, thanks!
    My Pre had slowed down to a pretty much a halt last night i checked the lists folder and removed them. than removed preware and Package manager and rebooted... reinstalled preware and package manager , fired up preware and it hung on the feeds... here is a screenshot of what i saw.

for now i have removed preware and package manager from my phone and all seems to be well, i dont like that as a solution, are there any others?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Has there been a report of Preware causing the internal modem to stop working?
  14. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhead91 View Post
    Has there been a report of Preware causing the internal modem to stop working?
    Nothing that I'm aware of or have experienced. You might get better assistance if you can explain why you appear to think that your phone is no longer connecting to the data network...

Perhaps you're on Verizon and experienced the wide-spread data outage today?
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    On Sprint and had Preware working fine prior to 1.4 update. After update to 1.4 I had to Dr the Pre because the device kept crashing. After Dr'ing the data connection on the device was working. I uploaded several applications, including Preware, after a restart the data connection on the device stopped working. I did a full erase (actually have done about 5-6 full erases) and even tried a new profile to make sure that my original profile wasn't corrupt. Seems that each time I got Preware loaded, the data connection would stop working after the reboot.

I ran a quick test with Preware loaded and had a report of a hardware issue (code 20 - modem). After removing Preware ran another quick test and no reports of hardware issuesa and data works again.
    Last edited by bbhead91; 03/03/2010 at 03:10 PM. Reason: missing words
  16. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhead91 View Post
    On Sprint and had Preware working fine prior to 1.4 update. After update to 1.4 I had to Dr the Pre because the device kept crashing. After Dr'ing the data connection on the device was working. I uploaded several applications, including Preware, after a restart the data connection on the device stopped working. I did a full erase (actually have done about 5-6 full erases) and even tried a new profile to make sure that my original profile wasn't corrupt. Seems that each time I got Preware loaded, the data connection would stop working after the reboot.

I ran a quick test with Preware loaded and had a report of a hardware issue (code 20 - modem). After removing Preware ran another quick test and no reports of hardware issuesa and data works again.
    Hmm....Sounds like you've tested this pretty thoroughly....Sounds like an issue for Rod For whatever it's worth (although I know it's no conciliation), I'm on Sprint and have Preware installed, and have absolutely no problems. Hopefully someone will have some theories about yours - I'm at a loss. Only thing I can think of is to make sure you're trying Preware version 9.28 and Package Manager Service 9.38?
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    To answer your question directly, this is the way it is supposed to work. Even if you had installed these patches with Preware, the updates would still require an uninstall and reinstallation of the updated patch.

This is different than the way applications are updated. This is because patches modify base system files and the updated patch cannot just overwrite the older version, the older ones first need to be backed out.

Regarding compatibility... as far as I've heard and seen, Preware and WOSQI should be fully compatible and you should be able to use either to intall / remove patches. I, for one, will most likely try to use Preware for the most part (though I love WOSQI and I'll continue to use it for file management, etc..) However, today I did find that "Browser Multi-mod" would not work when installed from Preware, but the same tweak worked fine when installed from WOSQI--checkmark on the System Mods tab, not the Online Repository tab. Given this case, when it comes time for removing tweaks again (next WebOS update), I'm going to be careful to uninstall patches installed with WOSQI using WOSQI and then uninstall patches installed via Preware by running the EPR (Emergency Patch Removal) patch.
    Well, that helps to clear up part of my own problem. It looks like I misunderstood, and concluded that AUPT took care of everything after the 1.4 upgrade, patches and all. If I understand you correctly, that isn't the case.

I'm having a problem very similar to others on the forums: I have Multi-Mod installed and now I simply can't get out to the web. If I go to a bookmark, it's URL is repeated in the search bar, and followed by a white arrow, but that's it; it doesn't go anywhere. If I enter a URL I get a pure white card, no buttons, no image or anything else.

After talking with the Verizon techs I concluded that it must be a patch conflict, so I removed all of them--all but Multi-Mod, that is, because the removal script would hang up before completion, and the patch remained. This happens in both Preware and QuickInstall. Now, having read your explanation, I'm beginning to think that the script is actually complaining about removing working code? That seems to be the sense of the log file.

Is there someway manually to remove the patch? Or, is it possible to remove the web browser itself and reinstall it in some way?

I do wish that the article I read on AUPT had been more precise, and covered patches as well as apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlydaze View Post
    Well, that helps to clear up part of my own problem. It looks like I misunderstood, and concluded that AUPT took care of everything after the 1.4 upgrade, patches and all. If I understand you correctly, that isn't the case.

I'm having a problem very similar to others on the forums: I have Multi-Mod installed and now I simply can't get out to the web. If I go to a bookmark, it's URL is repeated in the search bar, and followed by a white arrow, but that's it; it doesn't go anywhere. If I enter a URL I get a pure white card, no buttons, no image or anything else.

After talking with the Verizon techs I concluded that it must be a patch conflict, so I removed all of them--all but Multi-Mod, that is, because the removal script would hang up before completion, and the patch remained. This happens in both Preware and QuickInstall. Now, having read your explanation, I'm beginning to think that the script is actually complaining about removing working code? That seems to be the sense of the log file.

Is there someway manually to remove the patch? Or, is it possible to remove the web browser itself and reinstall it in some way?

I do wish that the article I read on AUPT had been more precise, and covered patches as well as apps.
    Don't get me wrong -- I'm glad to see that you searched on your problem -- I commend you on that. However, I wrote that perspective a while ago (certainly before Preware incorporated a new process to "UPDATE" patches and most certainly before-AUPT), so don't read into my statements too much.

EDIT: Wow, you really did some digging to find this post (It was post 1817 and we're now at 5465 -- you really get the 'search of the year' award!!!.

Personally, thanks to all the hard work from Rod and Eric at WebOS-Internals and Jason R of WOSQI fame, on Saturday afternoon I left all of my 1.3.5 patches on the Pre, I updated to 1.4, I ran Preware, I updated all patches, and all was just fine for me.

If you are installing the browser multi-mod from Preware, I think it might not yet be correctly updated (at least it wasn't 2 or 3 days ago) --- thus not allowing you to actually use the browser. This happened to me too, but I was able to uninstall it to get my browser back.

Good luck.
    I agree...the fact that someone is as ignorant to cuss when all they have to do is just state their are unhappy without cussing up a storm should be banned from these forums. By the way BIG KUDOS to PREWARE for staying on top with their product. I for one am grateful for their hard work.
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    This patch exposes a minor flaw in the AUPT logic of detecting an OTA in an edge case that requires many things to happen in unison to expose it. The workaround is to remove all patches in the same category (phone) and then try to remove this "problem" patch which should then succeed.
    Thanks Erik! This worked perfectly! I was able to get the stuck patch off my phone just like you said and then I reinstalled all my "phone" category patches (including the culprit, but much loved, Match State to Area Code) and life is good again! I suspect this method of getting rid of all "category" patches and then removing the culprit (seemingly stuck patch) could be a first response for a lot of user's issues I've seen on various threads regarding not being able to update or remove a certain patch....thanks, again!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!