Page 272 of 305 FirstFirst ... 172222262267268269270271272273274275276277282 ... LastLast
Results 5,421 to 5,440 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by erapalo View Post
    I tried, but it opens the app catalog, and I get the error message that they are not available for my country, but I downloaded them from preware-
    blocked car
    checkbook beta
    pack n track trial
    friendsbook
    twee free

I have never been able to use my app catalog, but what I was able to download from preware I could always update it, before 1.4-
    I suspect the authors of these packages have erroneously (against Palm instructions) used the same appid for the homebrew and app catalog version.

Temporarily disable the palm feeds, then hit update feeds, then hit update all.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    We're able to replicate the issue where an erroneously large feed database cache file causes Preware to suck up huge amounts of memory, and this is fixed by a correct reinstall (i.e. not with fileCoaster or PreLoad or PreUpdate) of the latest Package Manager Service.

There is a new version (0.9.38) of the Package Manager Service in the alpha testing feeds now which deletes any erroneously large feed database cache files on each reboot. Once a few other people have tested that, I'll release it.

We are unable to replicate any issue that occurs without running Preware. In particular, we are unable to replicate the issue stated by some posters where there is an issue in being able to boot the phone or connect to it to reinstall the Package Manager Service. If someone can provide debug information on that so that we can determine whether it is a real problem with Preware or not, we would appreciate it. Since I cannot reproduce it, if it is a real problem then at least the next version of Package Manager Service will fix it on each reboot.

The issue where the feed update hangs is also fixed in Preware 0.9.28 (which was released before webOS 1.4 was released).

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 03/02/2010 at 07:39 PM.
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I suspect the authors of these packages have erroneously (against Palm instructions) used the same appid for the homebrew and app catalog version.

Temporarily disable the palm feeds, then hit update feeds, then hit update all.

-- Rod
    I will try that thanks!
    On another note, on the patch log in the usb drive the patches I have uninstalled keep appearing (sms to vibrate 2 min and sms landscape) Does this mean they are not correctly uninstalled?
    Quote Originally Posted by erapalo View Post
    I will try that thanks!
    On another note, on the patch log in the usb drive the patches I have uninstalled keep appearing (sms to vibrate 2 min and sms landscape) Does this mean they are not correctly uninstalled?
    Please ask patch-related questions in the WebOS Patches forum, rather than this thread.

Thanks,

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Hey Rod,

For what it's worth, my biggest issue with Preware has been scrolling the "Everything" list. Fresh boot with nothing else running... by the time I get near the end of the list, Preware is sucking up so much memory that the phone actually locks up for several seconds to several minutes.

I first noticed this after I wiped and installed 1.4 fresh without writing down what apps I needed to reinstall. So... I went through the whole list. After the first 2/3 or so, it was tough. Now that my phone is back to normal and I am loving it again, I can verify this still happens if I attempt to scroll the whole "Everything" list.

Thanks for the time and effort.

Edit: FYI, this was with both theme feeds disabled, everything else enabled.
    Last edited by DrSuSE; 03/02/2010 at 08:09 PM. Reason: More info
    Please ask patch-related questions in the WebOS Patches forum, rather than this thread.

Thanks,

-- Rod
    It worked, no more updates thanks!!
    You always take the time to answer even newbies questions like mine

I have already asked in the Official Patch Discussion forum, no one answers
    Eimy
    Rod
    Hey Rod,

Do you think with the next update of Preware that you can add an option where we can choose to reset our phone after we have installed all of the patches we want on our phone? As it is now; when I install a patch and I tell Preware to restart Luna later; the app lags for a while.

(NEVER MIND: It Was The WOT Add-On That Was Trying To Redirect Me.)
    And last time I tried to donate again using Paypal, the link takes me to Paypal, but there is no other info on who to donate to. I'm on the site right now and I don't see any other details. Is this an issue with Paypal, or maybe my browser? I'm using Firefox 3.0.8.
    Last edited by the2ndflood; 03/02/2010 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Nevermind. I Found The Right Paypal Donation Page.
    i think i skimmed thru this post since the 1.4 release and didnt see this mentioned, if so forgive me and dont flame me.

i have latest Preware running, but when i pull up the list of available applications, patches, etc, the icon on the left appears................. and then seconds later they all just dissappear

Not a big deal with patches, but of course in themes it gives a thumbnail view of what the theme looks like. Any reason why preware has the icons dissappearing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    i think i skimmed thru this post since the 1.4 release and didnt see this mentioned, if so forgive me and dont flame me.

i have latest Preware running, but when i pull up the list of available applications, patches, etc, the icon on the left appears................. and then seconds later they all just dissappear

Not a big deal with patches, but of course in themes it gives a thumbnail view of what the theme looks like. Any reason why preware has the icons dissappearing?
    I'm not able to reproduce that here.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Do you think with the next update of Preware that you can add an option where we can choose to reset our phone after we have installed all of the patches we want on our phone? As it is now; when I install a patch and I tell Preware to restart Luna later; the app lags for a while.
    I believe (and Oil will confirm or not) that the lag you are referring to is Preware updating it's internal data structures, not restarting anything.

Oil has already committed some code for adding restart options to Preware (removing the need for a separate Luna Manager application), this will be part of the next Preware release (no ETA on that yet).

-- Rod
  11. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    I'm not able to reproduce that here.

-- Rod
    I too just started experiencing this, but I think I can shed some more light on the issue. For me, I can view any specific list fine (i.e. - Apps, Themes, Patches, etc.), but if I choose to view the details of a specific item (i.e. - a particular app or theme), and then swipe back to the whole list again, it appears that the list refreshes all of the icons in the list for some reason. As Jupiter600 states, the icons are there when I swipe back, then all the icons disappear, and then if I wait a little while, they all show up again. That's why I think perhaps the list is refreshing the icons for some reason after a swipe back instead of just using what I would assume was already in cache (forgive me if I'm using the incorrect term ). I hope that sheds a little more light on what's happening. For what it's worth, since it ultimately does refresh (at least for me), I don't think it's a big issue, but I don't recall seeing this issue ever before, and I've been a heavy Preware checker (many times a day ) for quite some time now.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    The log is webos-patches.log and can be found from USB mode.

You can try this workaround and let us know if it works (i.e. remove other top-bar category patches first). This patch is not known to have this rare error, but it's rare so it just might. There also might be another unrelated order dependency that this workaround will work for.
    Here's the story...Phone Radio Toggle patch is stuck...Preware shows it on my phone with an update available but I can't download without errors, nor will it delete. I can't even start WOSQI because it says I have a patch that needs updating and errors out then closes completely. I just want to remove it. Is my best bet EPR or do you have a better idea?
    Here is the error log:

patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    6 out of 6 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html.rej

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    I too just started experiencing this, but I think I can shed some more light on the issue. For me, I can view any specific list fine (i.e. - Apps, Themes, Patches, etc.), but if I choose to view the details of a specific item (i.e. - a particular app or theme), and then swipe back to the whole list again, it appears that the list refreshes all of the icons in the list for some reason. As Jupiter600 states, the icons are there when I swipe back, then all the icons disappear, and then if I wait a little while, they all show up again. That's why I think perhaps the list is refreshing the icons for some reason after a swipe back instead of just using what I would assume was already in cache (forgive me if I'm using the incorrect term ). I hope that sheds a little more light on what's happening. For what it's worth, since it ultimately does refresh (at least for me), I don't think it's a big issue, but I don't recall seeing this issue ever before, and I've been a heavy Preware checker (many times a day ) for quite some time now.
    same here. Also the patches-all list sometimes will just show the generic box icon for ALL visible in the list (just for a second or so), then they all go blank for another second or two, then the 'real' icon (launcher, email, sms, etc...) appears. No big deal (I think)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    the new multi mod patch in preware is not right at all . It had my web browser all jacked up with it being jumpy and not loading pages correctly .
    Quote Originally Posted by petegk View Post
    Here's the story...Phone Radio Toggle patch is stuck...Preware shows it on my phone with an update available but I can't download without errors, nor will it delete. I can't even start WOSQI because it says I have a patch that needs updating and errors out then closes completely. I just want to remove it. Is my best bet EPR or do you have a better idea?
    Here is the error log:

patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    6 out of 6 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html.rej

Thanks
    Please use the WebOS Patches forum for questions about individual patches, or the AUPT thread in that forum for systemic questions about patching.

Thanks,

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    I can confirm that, but what happens is when the list first appears, you have generic icons on the left, after a second or so they disappear and are replaced by more descriptive icons. I wouldn't consider that a problem.
    Previously to updating to 1.4 preware worked fine. After I updated, my preware can't make it past the 'downloading feed information' stage. I have the latest version of preware installed so i'm not sure what could be causing the problem. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by hodne1bj View Post
    Previously to updating to 1.4 preware worked fine. After I updated, my preware can't make it past the 'downloading feed information' stage. I have the latest version of preware installed so i'm not sure what could be causing the problem. Any ideas?
    I expect you have 0.9.26 or earlier, and did not update to 0.9.27 or 0.9.28 before 1.4

You can either use WebOS Quick install to update to 0.9.28, or disable all feeds except the webos-internals feed, and tap the screen continuously while preware is downloading the feeds. Then update to 0.9.28, tapping the screen during the install too.

-- Rod
    How do I go about disabling all feeds except webos-interals?
    Quote Originally Posted by hodne1bj View Post
    How do I go about disabling all feeds except webos-interals?
    Did you read the splash screen that popped up the very first time you ran Preware? Or the documentation on the Preware homepage?

-- Rod
    preferences, then manage feeds