Page 271 of 305 FirstFirst ... 171221261266267268269270271272273274275276281 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,420 of 6094
    I am getting an error when I choose List of Everything":

"pkg-list Exception: TypeError:Object false has no method 'toLowerCase' "

Any ideas?

Everything else seems to be working fine.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Preware a few times with no results.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    I am getting an error when I choose List of Everything":

"pkg-list Exception: TypeError:Object false has no method 'toLowerCase' "

Any ideas?

Everything else seems to be working fine.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Preware a few times with no results.
    Try updating your feeds manually - I suspect you don't have it set to every load, or you didn't have a network connection when you started Preware.

The Package Manager Service deletes all the cache files on install now, so you have empty package feed caches, so you need to update feeds to fill them.

This is of course a minor bug (not checking for an empty list before calling toLower), so we'll fix it in a future version.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Since you didn't state what version of Preware you're running, I'll assume you're not running 0.9.28, so update to that version using WebOS Quick Install 3.0x

-- Rod

I'm running 9.26.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by apalemick View Post
    I'm running 9.26.

Thanks!
    Yeah, you'll need to update to 0.9.28, or keep tapping the screen continuously during the loading and installing phases.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    I have a problem with preware, it shows 5 updates, and they are from last week, I hit the button update all, and they keep appearing!!
    preware 9.28 gsm unlocked german pre 1.4 webos
    Quote Originally Posted by erapalo View Post
    I have a problem with preware, it shows 5 updates, and they are from last week, I hit the button update all, and they keep appearing!!
    preware 9.28 gsm unlocked german pre 1.4 webos
    Are they app catalog applications? If so, update them individually.

-- Rod
    Hi Rod,
    I have the latest and greatest version of Preware and after the 1.4 update Match State to Area Code patch is stuck...Preware shows it on my phone with an update available but I can't download without errors, nor will it delete. I can't even start WOSQI because it says I have a patch that needs updating and errors out then closes completely. Is my best bet EPR or do you have a better idea? Thanks for all your work and the team at WebOS Internals, too! For the most part AUPT went off without a hitch which is truly amazing!
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/missedcall-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/FormattedCall.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/FormattedCall.jsjsjs.$rej$

----------------------------------
    dry run failed, checking if applying entire patch would succeed
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/announcer-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 342 (offset 33 lines).
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/CallLogList.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 55.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/CallLogList.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/incomingcall-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 177 (offset 18 lines).
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/missedcall-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 70 with fuzz 1 (offset 9 lines).
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/FormattedCall.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 88 with fuzz 2 (offset 38 lines).

Removal FAILED!
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/announcer-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/CallLogList.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/incomingcall-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/missedcall-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/FormattedCall.jsjsjs.$rej$
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.phone-match-state-to-area-code
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.phone-match-state-to-area-code:
    md5sums
    package_list
    phone-match-state-to-area-code.patch
    *** FAILED ***
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Ever since I downloaded the 1.4 WebOS update; Preware keeps losing track of my patches and themes. I have installed patches and a theme; which Preware did notice, but now Preware only notices 2 patches, and a few installed apps. I have doctored my WebOS twice, to fix some other issues since installing the update, and both times Preware ran into this issue. How can I fix this? I don't care if Preware sees the patches, butsince it can no longer see that I have a theme installed; how can I default back to the normal theme? Does it really matter if I update my phone with some custom theme? I'm not going to doctor my phone anymore, because re-downlading my apps takes hours to download 4GB's of apps.

So is there a way to get Preware to notice my patches and theme again?
    I have this strange behaviour when i install an app or patch from preware if i have other card opened all of them except one (random) close.
    This morning i uninstalled preware and filemgr too see what happens about the random resets of the phone, and i also got some 5-6 cards opened. after uninstall of preware all of them except one closed.
    anybody has a similar problem or know what can be going on with it?

Thanks for the hard job guys!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Here is my scenario:
    I was able to get into Preware and I saw the UPDATE ALL selection. I did not do this. Instead I updated Preware to v9.28 and Package Manager Service. Then I ran the Web OS 1.4 update. It took at least 2 hours to download and complete. Very surprised by how long it took. Then I restarted and I could not get back into Preware. It kept saying ‘Downloading Feed Information’ and it stayed hung on that. I tried for at least 10 hours off and on. Finally I turned off all feeds except the last 2 WebOS feeds and I got it to open. The Update All section was gone. So I updated my patches each one at a time – I only have 14 things loaded – and then I restarted again. Preware opens now but the Update All is gone. Not sure what I did to break the feature, but I am working on now. I

Please let me know A) what I did wrong and B) how do I get back Update All
    Just wanted to thank each and every one of you that have helped all with palm pre...I would have been lost without this website.
    Rubie!!!
    I had similar issues, and for me Preware only showed that apps and patches that I had installed prior to the update to 1.4. Also most of the apps showed up under "unknown".

Tried a bunch of stuff, even removed preware and re-installed using the older WebOS Quick Install (2.x something), but that did not work either, I finally removed preware and re-installed using WebOS Quick Install 3.0x, and it fixed all of my issues.

J
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Hi Rod,
    I have the latest and greatest version of Preware and after the 1.4 update Match State to Area Code patch is stuck...Preware shows it on my phone with an update available but I can't download without errors, nor will it delete. I can't even start WOSQI because it says I have a patch that needs updating and errors out then closes completely. Is my best bet EPR or do you have a better idea? Thanks for all your work and the team at WebOS Internals, too! For the most part AUPT went off without a hitch which is truly amazing!
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.

patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/announcer-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/CallLogList.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 55.
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/incomingcall-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/missedcall-assistant.jsjsjs

Removal FAILED!
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/announcer-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/incomingcall-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.phone-match-state-to-area-code
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.phone-match-state-to-area-code:
    md5sums
    package_list
    *** FAILED ***
    Rod,
    I have this exact same issue but with the Phone Radio Toggle patch. How do I forcibly remove this patch?

Thanks very much
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Hi Rod,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.

Hunk #1 FAILED at 55.

Removal FAILED!
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    md5sums
    package_list
    *** FAILED ***
    This patch exposes a minor flaw in the AUPT logic of detecting an OTA in an edge case that requires many things to happen in unison to expose it. The workaround is to remove all patches in the same category (phone) and then try to remove this "problem" patch which should then succeed.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Eric,
    Does this workaround apply to the Phone Radio Toggle patch as well? This patch is part of the Top Bar category.

I would copy and paste the log like spudland did to provide more detail on what errors I'm encountering, but I don't know how.
    Quote Originally Posted by petegk View Post
    Eric,
    Does this workaround apply to the Phone Radio Toggle patch as well? This patch is part of the Top Bar category.

I would copy and paste the log like spudland did to provide more detail on what errors I'm encountering, but I don't know how.
    The log is webos-patches.log and can be found from USB mode.

You can try this workaround and let us know if it works (i.e. remove other top-bar category patches first). This patch is not known to have this rare error, but it's rare so it just might. There also might be another unrelated order dependency that this workaround will work for.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    the new multi mod patch in preware is not right at all . It had my web browser all jacked up with it being jumpy and not loading pages correctly .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    What the hell? I hope a moderator bans you for that stupidity.

EDIT: HOORAY! The absurd tomfoolery above my post has all been deleted! Great job P|C mods!
    Last edited by Ozmodiar; 03/02/2010 at 04:47 PM.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmodiar View Post
    What the hell? I hope a moderator bans you for that stupidity.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Are they app catalog applications? If so, update them individually.

-- Rod
    I tried, but it opens the app catalog, and I get the error message that they are not available for my country, but I downloaded them from preware-
    blocked car
    checkbook beta
    pack n track trial
    friendsbook
    twee free

I have never been able to use my app catalog, but what I was able to download from preware I could always update it, before 1.4-