Page 270 of 305 FirstFirst ... 170220260265266267268269270271272273274275280 ... LastLast
Results 5,381 to 5,400 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    fileCoaster, PreLoad and PreUpdate are not able to install or update Preware or the Package Manager Service.

This is clearly stated in the Preware homepage at Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

There are three alternative methods for installing Preware listed on that page. In this instance, I suggest using the preware-bootstrap script, as it removes all the list cache files before it does anything else.

-- Rod
    well i have preware 0.9.28 how do i get 0.9.37 ???
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    well i have preware 0.9.28 how do i get 0.9.37 ???
    You don't. You get Package Manager Service 0.9.37 as I stated in my post.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    preware doesn't work on webos 1.4 and i had to doctor my phone cuz the update screwed it up. now webos quick install won't work and im stuck with no preware will someone please help me!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPrePitStop View Post
    preware doesn't work on webos 1.4 and i had to doctor my phone cuz the update screwed it up. now webos quick install won't work and im stuck with no preware will someone please help me!!!!!!!
    umm no...it does work...works for me....maybe something else is messing with ur phone
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

fileCoaster, PreLoad and PreUpdate are not able to install or update Preware or the Package Manager Service.

This is clearly stated in the Preware homepage at Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

There are three alternative methods for installing Preware listed on that page. In this instance, I suggest using the preware-bootstrap script, as it removes all the list cache files before it does anything else.

-- Rod
    Thanks Rod. I will use the info you give above.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPrePitStop View Post
    You may want to reconsider your approach to asking for assistance from those that provide software for you to use for free.

The 160,000 unique IP addresses who used Preware to access homebrew package feeds in the last 48 hours, and the 20,000 of those who downloaded patches from the 1.4 webos-patches feed, seem to indicate that Preware is working for at least a couple of people

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Ok. I'll bite. Either I'm blind or it doesn't exist. Where is the AUPT thread you keep referencing?
    Quote Originally Posted by kennom View Post
    Ok. I'll bite. Either I'm blind or it doesn't exist. Where is the AUPT thread you keep referencing?
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=precentral+AUPT

-- Rod
    Hi Rod.

Firstly thanks for all the hardwork you've been putting in, much appreciated ;-).

However i did have a few problems with UI Luna Restarts/Unresponsive power button upon screen unlock/Lock screen disappearing.

Uninstalling Package Manager Service/Preware solved the problem for me and three others. However your twitter states this as a Palm bug.

Can you confirm what's the case? And if a fix is coming?

Regards
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    Hi Rod.

Firstly thanks for all the hardwork you've been putting in, much appreciated ;-).

However i did have a few problems with UI Luna Restarts/Unresponsive power button upon screen unlock/Lock screen disappearing.

Uninstalling Package Manager Service/Preware solved the problem for me and three others. However your twitter states this as a Palm bug.

Can you confirm what's the case? And if a fix is coming?

Regards
    You saw the debug log referenced in the twitter. It's an unaligned read in LunaSysMgr (a palm proprietary binary program). That's pure and simple a Palm bug, and not one that we can fix (since it's in a Palm binary).

-- Rod
    You saw the debug log referenced in the twitter. It's an unaligned read in LunaSysMgr (a palm proprietary binary program). That's pure and simple a Palm bug, and not one that we can fix (since it's in a Palm binary).

-- Rod
    Yeah, a pretty big bug i might add. Thanks for the prompt response, attempting reinstallation of Package Manager Service/ Preware... Hopefully the problem won't arise again, will update this thread in due course.

Thanks
    I am getting an error when I choose List of Everything":

"pkg-list Exception: TypeError:Object false has no method 'toLowerCase' "

Any ideas?

Everything else seems to be working fine.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Preware a few times with no results.
    Last edited by alvin319; 03/01/2010 at 06:09 AM.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Right, having reinstalled i've come across the "transparent" lock screen problem again. I'm sure you're aware of issue. No restarts *as of yet*.

Not meaning to sound ungrateful, but is there a fix being acknowledged for this?
    UI Restart issue occurred after re-installation.

Will now uninstall again, a few others had the same issue and uninstalling solved this. Is Package Manager Service somehow "activating" this bug so to speak?
    I've read thru the last four pages but can't find anything about this. I can't keep reading because I have a 10 month old who screams when I am on my computer, so give a guy a break.

Preware just stays in finding feeds and doesn't load. I actually left it on all night but still the same situation when I woke up. If someone can point me to a comment in this thread telling me what to do or write it here that would be much appreciated.
    mine does that every now & then. A quick reboot takes care of it 4 me....
    Quote Originally Posted by hu5t13man View Post
    mine does that every now & then. A quick reboot takes care of it 4 me....
    +1....same here. Just restart your phone.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    +1....same here. Just restart your phone.
    I get the same issue, when I try to update feeds, it generally locks, and then gives me memory errors.
    rebooting my phone has had NO effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlphntat View Post
    I get the same issue, when I try to update feeds, it generally locks, and then gives me memory errors.
    rebooting my phone has had NO effect.
    See Twitter / WebOS Internals: "Too many cards" opening P ...

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by apalemick View Post
    I've read thru the last four pages but can't find anything about this. I can't keep reading because I have a 10 month old who screams when I am on my computer, so give a guy a break.

Preware just stays in finding feeds and doesn't load. I actually left it on all night but still the same situation when I woke up. If someone can point me to a comment in this thread telling me what to do or write it here that would be much appreciated.
    Since you didn't state what version of Preware you're running, I'll assume you're not running 0.9.28, so update to that version using WebOS Quick Install 3.0x

-- Rod