Page 269 of 305 FirstFirst ... 169219259264265266267268269270271272273274279 ... LastLast
Results 5,361 to 5,380 of 6094
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    id love to get preware back...if only webos QI would let me
    Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey08 View Post
    I can attest that as of right now it looks like Preware is running smoothly again. I did, however, use the Too Many Cards error fix thru Quick Install (http://forums.precentral.net/2262418-post22.html). Thanks to tmm0f5!!
    What did you remove to get it to work? And didn't it take it away from the ability to get updates from it anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by SHODriver01 View Post
    What did you remove to get it to work? And didn't it take it away from the ability to get updates from it anymore?
    Go to that link and look for a file that is larger than all the other files. It will be significantly larger than the others.

Since last night, I have been having this critical error and could not do anything with my phone.

My file was "precentral-themes". Once this was deleted, I was able to use WebOSQuickInstall again and re-install preware. Everything seems to be working again now.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    See http://forums.precentral.net/2262418-post22.html for the solution to the too many cards problem.

-- Rod
    worked perfectly for me. preware is loading again with no more Card Errors.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    and we're back in the game. woo
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmNSH View Post
    Go to that link and look for a file that is larger than all the other files. It will be significantly larger than the others.

Since last night, I have been having this critical error and could not do anything with my phone.

My file was "precentral-themes". Once this was deleted, I was able to use WebOSQuickInstall again and re-install preware. Everything seems to be working again now.
    Mine is the patches feed and I don't think I want to remove that one
    Mine is the patches feed and I don't think I want to remove that one
    Don't worry about it bro. Just go ahead and delete it. At that point if preware ceases to work, just un-install it and reinstall it with WOSQI. I feel you on that, but I really wouldn't worry, because at this point you have nothing to lose.

Phone isn't working atm anyway.
  8. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    No I never got it working.
    I've got it working now. If I'm not mistaken, it appears that the original patch must have worked by changing the value of a string from off to on or something similar. My guess is that the 1.4 update must have reversed the on and off settings for this value because Call Duration was off altogether for me after the update - Call Duration would not even show up for me in the "extended view" even without the patch, even though it is supposed to by default as part of the WebOS now. Once the updated patch for Call Duration was released in Preware, I installed (be sure to follow the instructions regarding restart), and set it to OFF, and then I was back in business. I was then able to uninstall it (because I won't ever want to hide the call duration from the phone logs!), and I'm all set. I imagine that anyone who had this patch installed prior to the update probably ran into the same problem, but now that the update has been installed, we're all set! I hope this helps you too.
    when i do the Linux commandline its not giving me a list...what is is supposed to say like exactly?

Edit: ok i pasted the line in and literally NOTHING popped up

WHATS IS GOING ON?!
    Last edited by Klarifeye 87; 02/28/2010 at 01:04 PM.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I fianlly installed preware and was so excited. I have only been able to get it to work once. no matter how I set my preferences it goes to loading package information every time I start it. It spins around and around and gets stuck at Loading package information
    precental-themes and stays there forever. This happens even though I have a full evdo connection and have set my preferences for update feeds manually only. The one time I got it to work I installed the reboot option patch and now will not be able to remove it until I get this working which could cause a problem at the next update.PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!! thanks. my e-mail is sirberk@gmail.com if you can help please e-mail me.
    i had a total brain fart...

i forgot to install the package manager with preware through WOSQI...so yeah i got it working...its blisteringly fast on 1.4.0
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Has this been resolved? Did reinstalling the Package Manager Service with WebOS Quick Install 3.01 or later fix it now that the servers are no longer overloaded?

-- Rod
    No, I actually just had to do a fresh 1.4 install using the latest WebOS Doctor, then used QuickInstall to reinstall Preware, reinstall all of my patches, at which time the Pre recognized my account and downloaded all my paid apps again.

'Twas truly odd, and I can't explain it. So no, it didn't resolve the problem, but I did get the problem worked out. Thanks.
    I am getting "Too many cards -Critical Memory Error" message at the bottom everytime I load Preware. I looked at all of the packages in Linux command and the biggest is my patches and I don't want to remove those, any suggestions?
    Every file in that directory is recreated each time you hit "Update Feeds" in Preware. Removing them has no lasting effect other than solving this problem.

A future version of the Package Manager Service may well remove them on each reboot to provide an easier recovery path for this unusual problem caused by the overload on the preware.org servers the other day.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I am having a problem with no alert on call patch. It mutes the tones when I am on a call like it is suppose to but doesn't turn back up after the phone call is over. I have to turn back up my phone manually after each call.
    Play Cricket Wars, Dungeon Quest, m:Mafia, m:Racing, m:Vampire or m:Zombies? Share your codes at MMORPG ID Exchange
    Rod, are you guys working on this problem? If so please come on out and reassure folks that a fix is forthcoming. This looks like Toyota....
    For all that you guys have done and continue to do, there are just too many panic posts.
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    I am having a problem with no alert on call patch. It mutes the tones when I am on a call like it is suppose to but doesn't turn back up after the phone call is over. I have to turn back up my phone manually after each call.
    Please report individual patch problems in the appropriate specific thread in the WebOS Patches forum, or in the AUPT thread if you believe it is a systematic AUPT issue.

Please do not use this thread for such reports.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    Rod, are you guys working on this problem? If so please come on out and reassure folks that a fix is forthcoming. This looks like Toyota....
    For all that you guys have done and continue to do, there are just too many panic posts.
    Thanks.
    What problem are you referring to?

I've posted and tweeted in at least 5 different places about the solution for the too many cards issue caused by too-large feed listing files, and Package Manager Service 0.9.37 fixes it on re-installation.

What do you think we're doing, sitting back and laughing at people having problems? I really don't understand the motivation behind your post ... I'm sure you mean well, but I'm not sure how that particular post helps.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 02/28/2010 at 06:51 PM.
    My tax return came in on Friday, so even though I'm currently unemployed, I wanted to throw a small token of my appreciation for all of webos-internals work. You guys must've gotten killed over the last 2 days due to the webOS 1.4 roll-out and it was handled superbly.

Keep up the awesome work!
    [QUOTE=rwhitby;2267501]What problem are you referring to?

I've posted and tweeted in at least 5 different places about the solution for the too many cards issue caused by too-large feed listing files, and Package Manager Service 0.9.37 fixes it on re-installation.

Rod, since the latest update from Palm that caused my pocket mirror to glitch and some other patches to fail to load, i've tried to re-install Package Manager but Package Manager will not load. Also, it automatically deleted Preware when I removed Package Manager. So after removing Preware I am trying to re-install it using Preload and I get a "failed IPKG" install sign and preware will not load either. What am I doing wrong? thanks for all your hard work. It is truly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by PREferred View Post
    Rod, since the latest update from Palm that caused my pocket mirror to glitch and some other patches to fail to load, i've tried to re-install Package Manager but Package Manager will not load. Also, it automatically deleted Preware when I removed Package Manager. So after removing Preware I am trying to re-install it using Preload and I get a "failed IPKG" install sign and preware will not load either. What am I doing wrong? thanks for all your hard work. It is truly appreciated.
    fileCoaster, PreLoad and PreUpdate are not able to install or update Preware or the Package Manager Service.

This is clearly stated in the Preware homepage at Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

There are three alternative methods for installing Preware listed on that page. In this instance, I suggest using the preware-bootstrap script, as it removes all the list cache files before it does anything else.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 02/28/2010 at 07:13 PM.