Page 267 of 305 FirstFirst ... 167217257262263264265266267268269270271272277 ... LastLast
Results 5,321 to 5,340 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Trying to reinstall Preware after 1.4 update and keeps telling package manager service not running. I am installing the service first and then preware with no luck. Have tried rebooting a few times also. any suggestions?

Edit: I have also tried using the Preware installer and QI

Im having the same issues. Any help?
    Server1 is at 20Mbits/sec (600 concurrent connections). Server2 is at 16Mbits/sec (400 concurrent connections). Things look stable now.

The donations link now works again too

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    In the IPKG Repository list, mine is just sitting on loading list... I haven't been able to get further than that. All I need is the GNU and lsdiff files.
    NVM reinstalled and now it works fine ;-)
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    i keep getting a memory issue when i load preware says i have to many cards open. I don't have anything else running but this!!!

Any ideas???
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    same thing. I installed 1.4- all patches were gone so I tried preware.... first i got a bunch of errors and hangs on feeds so I tried to change the settings to update feeds manually. I then got hung up on getting package info it would sit for a while then the phone would do what appears to be a luna restart. I changed to update feeds on launch and now I get "memory critcal ...close cards to recover" no cards open- preware .9.28
    I'm still not getting preware to run! and I have another pre that's not updating any of the patches I get an error everytime help?
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    I'm still not getting preware to run! and I have another pre that's not updating any of the patches I get an error everytime help?
    Yea! I'm not the only one having these issues
    For those having issues with preware run doctor 1.4 then install manger, reboot, then preware, reboot and you will be working. It worked for me.
    When I try to start Preware, It takes forever to load feeds (alot longer than before 1.4 was installed and I've been getting this error message when I try. Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    I was having the same experience throughout the day today as jhoove09 above, including the weird pop-up (except mine was longer and the top portion was off the screen and not viewable). But eventually I was able to run Preware even thought it was still rather slow.

It also seemed like all my patches were listed on the update window when I first ran it, but as I tried other times throughout the day, certain patches seemed to no longer be listed but I found them on the "available" patch list and (re)loaded them from there. Overall today, Preware has not only been slow but performed somewhat oddly for me (as I just describe), though it didn't causes any problems, per se.

Does anyone know why all of my patches listed for update but described as not yet ready for v1.4 (i.e., they would only update with a placeholder on my Pre) resulted in IPKG errors? None of them would actually load.

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    When I try to load preware on 1.4, my Pre's touch screen stops responding, I get the out of ram warning, then my entire Pre locks up.
    guys how can i get preware on version 4.1.4?
    i meant how can i get preware on version 4.1.0
    1.4.0**
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoove09 View Post
    When I try to start Preware, It takes forever to load feeds (alot longer than before 1.4 was installed and I've been getting this error message when I try. Any ideas?
    The servers were overloaded for about 4 to 6 hours, during which time we brought a second server online to handle the extra load. See Twitpic / webosinternals for pictures.

You should follow @webosinternals on twitter for status updates. An RSS reader pointed to Twitter / webosinternals will do if you don't use twitter already.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    so...uninstalled preware via webos QI...tried to reinstall it and its a no go...amazingly, during install i'm continuing to get too many card errors...i dont know what i'm doing wrong. its rather aggrivating
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    i give up..nothing will install from webosQI...phone keeps freezing up
    See http://forums.precentral.net/2262418-post22.html for the solution to the too many cards problem.

-- Rod
    Is there a way to manually change preware's feeds addresses?

Somehow, I believe that the one for patches has become incorrect, and I can't change it back. It points to http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-patches/all/

I don't think the /all/ should be there. I get errors every time saying "wget bad address"