Page 266 of 305 FirstFirst ... 166216256261262263264265266267268269270271276 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,320 of 6094
    PLEASE HELP. I updated to webOS 1.4 and now I'm getting all sorts of errors. I am trying to download preware but I keep getting "error reading packaging list". What do I need to do.

Note: I also have the most current WOSQI
    I am having this problem as well...my patches updated successfully except the couple pf patches already mentioned but on my wifes pre,ther are like 30 plus patches that get the ipkg error log msg...even all the emergency tools get the ipkg error msg...heeeeeeelp!!! Haha

Quote Originally Posted by matthill View Post
    When I logged into Preware this morning to update my patches I noticed that there was a new package manager service available so I updated that first. Consequently, none of my patches that need updating will update. I get an error on all 35 of my patches that need to be updated. On my wife's Phone I updated her patches first before updating the package manager and her patches updated fine. I think there is a problem with the new package manager service. I am now unable to even load preware. Is there a problem with the new package manager service?
    **UPDATE** I rebooted the phone...a fresh restart fixed the issue!!!
    Last edited by Irocdaspot513; 02/27/2010 at 10:14 AM.
    I get a huge list of errors when preware loads before the progress bar shows up. Its not affecting anything as far as i know.
    The servers are getting hammered that's why Preware is not loading very well. It is timing out. Just be patient and try again in a few hours.
    Play Cricket Wars, Dungeon Quest, m:Mafia, m:Racing, m:Vampire or m:Zombies? Share your codes at MMORPG ID Exchange
    I am timing out too. In a way I'm kinda' glad that so many users are using patches; be patient folks. I had to keep trying to load Quick Install, but after a few attempts was finally able to get a connection. Loading now...hope all goes well.
    Things worked well for me. Had an odd error when first loading preware after the webos1.4 update but then it bypassed that and loaded. I updated 55 patches. It had an install error once or twice, where I restarted luna and then reloaded preware and finished updates. worked pretty well. I did uninstall the mute icon patch as that was leaving a blank spot in the bar at the top. But all it all all worked well. I did update the package manager and now will not load preware, I uninstalled package manager and reinstalled with webos quick install still will not load. I am assuming that is do to server overload. Good luck everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The server is getting hammered right now with everyone updating their patches.

[url= / WebOS Internals: Our servers are paid for b ...[/url]

[url= / WebOS Internals: ...[/url]

-- Rod
    I knew they had to be getting hit pretty hard. How much did it ramp up the last few days before the update? Nothing like today I'm sure.
    Did you update to Preware 0.9.28 using WebOS Quick Install 3.01 *before* updating to webOS 1.4.0 ?

-- Rod
    I hadn't, no. So I doctored my phone back to 1.3.5.1, reinstalled Preware, updated it to the latest version, reinstalled all my AUPT-compatible patches, then did the update to 1.4...

...and now Preware is nowhere to be seen, along with dozens of my apps. Not only that, but when I go to the app store, and select the shopping bag, I'm told I have no downloaded apps.

***?
  9. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    I love the AUPT! I did have 3 patches that would not install though.

Match Area Code <- can't uninstall either
    Landscape PDF
    Call Duration in Call Log
    Did you ever get Call Duration in Call Log working? That's the only one giving me trouble. I keep getting an error when I try to install it. My Pre isn't even indicating that it knows that I had it before the update any longer (it's not giving me the option to Update it, but rather only to Install it). I wonder if there's not a vestige of the old code left on my Pre that I need to manually remove in order to re-install it like I used to have to do with Virtual Keyboard (which did update appropriately after the update to 1.4 by the way).
    i gotta question when i start preware its speeds through loading the loading package information and then goes straight to the main screen and only lists available apps and installed apps. i reinstalled preware like 5 times? is it that everyone is using it or something wrong with prewarE?
    I am sorry if this is asked and answered, but I did not see it in scrolling through here...

Is there a way to install Preware (and what it needs to function, ie Package Manager Service) from a Power PC based Mac or OTA?? PowerPC Mac's cannot run Java 6, therefore will not install WebOS QI, therefore no Package Manager service - you get the idea.

Thanks for any help.
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    Did you ever get Call Duration in Call Log working? That's the only one giving me trouble. I keep getting an error when I try to install it. My Pre isn't even indicating that it knows that I had it before the update any longer (it's not giving me the option to Update it, but rather only to Install it). I wonder if there's not a vestige of the old code left on my Pre that I need to manually remove in order to re-install it like I used to have to do with Virtual Keyboard (which did update appropriately after the update to 1.4 by the way).
    No I never got it working.
    Play Cricket Wars, Dungeon Quest, m:Mafia, m:Racing, m:Vampire or m:Zombies? Share your codes at MMORPG ID Exchange
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Been trying to update Package Manager Service 9.37 for about 2 hours now. Keep getting Connection timed out to remote host error. Is this because the servers are still getting hammered?
    mine isn't updating either, though I'm assuming the servers are still getting hammered.

On a side note, my package manager service no longer appears in the launcher, though both preware and the app catalog recognize it as installed. is this an intentional change?
    Trying to reinstall Preware after 1.4 update and keeps telling package manager service not running. I am installing the service first and then preware with no luck. Have tried rebooting a few times also. any suggestions?

Edit: I have also tried using the Preware installer and QI
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

We've brought a second server on line. Response should improve as the DNS propagates.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Just donated $50 towards the servers. Took about 10 minutes because the servers are so maxxed out
    so preware isn't loading because of the servers? It's not just me
    Are you sure that optware-armv7 was 948MB?

In Index of /feeds/optware/armv7 it's 17KB and it's a static file on the server (not dynamically generated).

-- Rod
    This was really 948MB! Finally I got it deleted via USB connection, found it in the palm folder by size; and I could reinstall PMS and PW without any problems!
    Meanwhile I'm also on 1.4 and PW and available patch updates working fine.
    Many thanks for your help!
    - Tom
    Yeah for some odd reason my phone keeps saying that "Package Manager Service" isn't running when I try to load PreWare. I'm gathering something is the matter with the Package Manager right now.
    Tomorrow I'll be me again...