Page 265 of 305 FirstFirst ... 165215255260261262263264265266267268269270275 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,300 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yes. Use WebOS Quick Install 3.01 or later to reinstall Preware and the Package Manager Service.

-- Rod
    I tried what you said (you gave me the same device) and it didn't work. I'll call the doctor in for a visit tonight.
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
    Is there a way to add a custom feed in preware? Or am I to blind to find ist

Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by petehild View Post
    Is there a way to add a custom feed in preware? Or am I to blind to find ist

Pete
    See Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals and extrapolate.

What feeds do you want to add?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Maybe I missed something, but after upgrading to 1.4 I'v loaded Preware to see that no updates are available. Is this the procedure to enable previously installed patches? I had Preware and package manager service updated to their most recent respective versions before the update, but I still can't get any patches working.

Preware says my patches are installed, but they don't affect WebOS nor do they give an option to be updated.

edit: scratch that. I did miss something, I needed to manually go to "update feeds" in Preware.
    Last edited by cfbauer; 02/27/2010 at 04:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cfbauer View Post
    Maybe I missed something, but after upgrading to 1.4 I'v loaded Preware to see that no updates are available. Is this the procedure to enable previously installed patches? I had Preware and package manager service updated to their most recent respective versions before the update, but I still can't get any patches working.

Preware says my patches are installed, but they don't affect WebOS nor do they give an option to be updated.
    I'm assuming you're running Preware 0.9.28, Package Manager Service 0.9.36 or later, that you used WebOS Quick Install 3.01 or later to install them, that your webos-internals and webos-patches URL entries in the Manage Feeds page look sensible, and that you've hit the "Update Feeds" menu item?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    i cant find virtual keyboard anymore?
    Palm prē-ist.
    anyone else have an issue where preware isn't showing all the applications in the official app catalog? it started yesterday i think for me it wasn't showing the most recently added but everything else was there
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan9102 View Post
    anyone else have an issue where preware isn't showing all the applications in the official app catalog? it started yesterday i think for me it wasn't showing the most recently added but everything else was there
    Try it now. The auto-builder was off at the same time as the peak load of everyone updating their patches. It's back running again now and updating the feeds.

-- Rod
    Since updating to 1.4, I'm unable to launch Preware. It hangs during loading. I'll disable the feed I think is causing the hang, and another will hang. WOSQI doesn't "see" my pre, so I can't reinstall my patches that way, or reinstall preware that way. Do I just need to wait for a new version of WOSQI, that's 1.4-compatible, or do I have another recourse?

Thanks.
    Rod: I wonder if you can help me. I cannot install any apps, neither with preware nor with webos quickinstall. Whenever the installing process starts i get a "too many cards" notification then the device freezes and i have to restart.
    Thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post
    Since updating to 1.4, I'm unable to launch Preware. It hangs during loading. I'll disable the feed I think is causing the hang, and another will hang. WOSQI doesn't "see" my pre, so I can't reinstall my patches that way, or reinstall preware that way. Do I just need to wait for a new version of WOSQI, that's 1.4-compatible, or do I have another recourse?

Thanks.
    Did you update to Preware 0.9.28 using WebOS Quick Install 3.01 *before* updating to webOS 1.4.0 ?

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by sbrom View Post
    Rod: I wonder if you can help me. I cannot install any apps, neither with preware nor with webos quickinstall. Whenever the installing process starts i get a "too many cards" notification then the device freezes and i have to restart.
    Thanks in advance
    That sounds like the rare problem where a feed list download from some site has gone runaway and created a huge feed database file.

Try installing Package Manager Service 0.9.37, which deletes all the feed database files as it installs.

If that doesn't work, you'll need to use Internalz or the Linux command line to delete all files in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/lists/

-- Rod
    I love the AUPT! I did have 3 patches that would not install though.

Match Area Code <- can't uninstall either
    Landscape PDF
    Call Duration in Call Log
    Play Cricket Wars, Dungeon Quest, m:Mafia, m:Racing, m:Vampire or m:Zombies? Share your codes at MMORPG ID Exchange
    hey i just downloaded multi mod on preware i had just got wedos 1.4 but after downloading multi mod i found that the browser did not work no matter if i typed in a address of clicked on a bookmark it did nothing once i uninstalled it it worked again just thought i would warn you!
    UK PRE USER
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Is preware acting funny for anyone else after 1.4? It seems icons for patches, apps etc randomly disappear while still in view. Never had this happen pre 1.4
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Is preware acting funny for anyone else after 1.4? It seems icons for patches, apps etc randomly disappear while still in view. Never had this happen pre 1.4
    The server is getting hammered right now with everyone updating their patches.

Twitter / WebOS Internals: Our servers are paid for b ...

Twitter / WebOS Internals: http://twitpic.com/15nar7 ...

-- Rod
    My preware loading is extremely slow. Never took this long to load the feeds. Not sure what is going on.

:::Nevermind. That's what I assumed rwhitby.::::
    - Skinneejay -
    Quote Originally Posted by stevee10001 View Post
    hey i just downloaded multi mod on preware i had just got wedos 1.4 but after downloading multi mod i found that the browser did not work no matter if i typed in a address of clicked on a bookmark it did nothing once i uninstalled it it worked again just thought i would warn you!
    Same here..
    Edit- It took 2 reboots and this fixed the issue.

When I logged into Preware this morning to update my patches I noticed that there was a new package manager service available so I updated that first. Consequently, none of my patches that need updating will update. I get an error on all 35 of my patches that need to be updated. On my wife's Phone I updated her patches first before updating the package manager and her patches updated fine. I think there is a problem with the new package manager service. I am now unable to even load preware. Is there a problem with the new package manager service?
    Last edited by matthill; 02/27/2010 at 10:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    See Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals and extrapolate.

What feeds do you want to add?

-- Rod
    Thanks for your advice.

I was wondering if it is possible to create a feed with all the free apps worldwide and make them avaliable to all countries.
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...r-country.html

Free apps being limited to certain countries, instead of being freely available to everyone is like a punch in the face.

Pete