Page 264 of 305 FirstFirst ... 164214254259260261262263264265266267268269274 ... LastLast
Results 5,261 to 5,280 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by vbockius View Post
    upon updating i'm getting the critical memory too many cards notification with no cards open, uninstalled preware and the package mgr service through web os qi, error goes away, but when i try to reinstall package mgr service, i get the error again before i can even reinstall preware, even did an epr to remove all patches though web os qi and still got the error when i installed the package mgr service... doctoring now...
    I have the same problems as mentioned above. Any ideas for help? Used the newest versions of webosqi, pms and pw
    Quote Originally Posted by thommy01 View Post
    I have the same problems as mentioned above. Any ideas for help? Used the newest versions of webosqi, pms and pw
    Look in Linux for /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/lists/ and see if there is a big (i.e. > 5MB) file there.

If so, tell me what it's name is, and then delete it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    thanks for your advice, unfortunately I'm not so experienced. What do you mean by "look in Linux"? I used the linux command line in webosqi for
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/lists/
    but i got only "permission denied"

--Tom
    thanks for your advice, unfortunately I'm not so experienced. What do you mean by "look in Linux"? I used the linux command line in webosqi for
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/lists/
    but i got only "permission denied"

--Tom
    use internalz
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Look in Linux for /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/lists/ and see if there is a big (i.e. > 5MB) file there.

If so, tell me what it's name is, and then delete it.

-- Rod
    with Internalz i found there a file named "optware-armv7" with 948MB.
    How to delete?

Thanks Tom
    How to delete?

Thanks Tom
    tap the file and click delete...and damn 948MB ru for real? wow
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozmodiar View Post
    I did this...and I am still getting the "fixing unknown packages" at startup and says there are 30 of these...

Help?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmodiar View Post
    I seem to keep getting overlooked. :-(

Would someone be so kind as to help me.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That is not an error - I assume you have about 30 app catalog apps installed?

-- Rod
    I did search and the convo ended here. I get the "Fixing unknown packages"
    message. So it is trying to fix apps from palm catalog? so we just turn off the feature in Preware...y is this inside preware as an option to begin with? what is the option meant to fix?
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    We all know (or hope, at least) that webOS version 1.4 will be coming out on Friday, and I was wondering if we will we have to manually remove all patches, themes, and homebrew apps prior to updating? Or is there a function that preware carries out or a separate patch or app that can/will remove them and replace them after the update?

Thanks,
    cnevares
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    message. So it is trying to fix apps from palm catalog? so we just turn off the feature in Preware...y is this inside preware as an option to begin with? what is the option meant to fix?
    You know...once I knew Preware was supposed to do this, I just kinda stopped caring, so I didn't inquire further. I have no idea what it is "fixing"...or why it does this. I never asked...haha.
    So patches won't show up til 1.4? Or am I missing something?
    How to delete?

Thanks Tom
    Are you sure that optware-armv7 was 948MB?

In Index of /feeds/optware/armv7 it's 17KB and it's a static file on the server (not dynamically generated).

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    If you have packages that are not in the feeds that you have enabled when you update feeds, then Preware won't have feed information for those packages. It goes out to the package directories in the filesystem and extracts the information from the packages so that it can show the info in the Installed Apps list. This is "Fixing unknown packages".

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Rod: An idea...And even I was guilty a couple weeks ago but I at least looked before asking if we still have to remove patches etc. You might want to consider making your sigfile something like "Thanks to AUPT technology you now need only to remove themes but not patches before an OS update if you have the lastest version of Preware and your patches are up to date" Might save you some aggravation..
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by hdhuntr View Post
    Rod: An idea...And even I was guilty a couple weeks ago but I at least looked before asking if we still have to remove patches etc. You might want to consider making your sigfile something like "Thanks to AUPT technology you now need only to remove themes but not patches before an OS update if you have the lastest version of Preware and your patches are up to date" Might save you some aggravation..
    It's not going to change my aggravation - anyone who hasn't removed themes before OS updates simply just gets told to full erase and doctor

-- Rod
    I honestly think that some of these 'completely uninformed' questions are just from total poopie heads (OK, that one got through the filters) who are intentionally trying to ruffle people's feathers.

Am I totally off base or are some just so ignorant of the MASSIVE amount of information about these topics over the past 7 weeks??? Not to mention, the subsequent compilation of that information into Threads, Blog Posts, Wikis, and Full multi-page Web Sites!!!!

I'm not even an webos-internals contributor (though I am a donor -- CLICK the donate button if you have not yet), but I do my best to be helpful around here and my helpful urges are just crushed sometimes. Rod (et all), how do you guys manage to remain calm (mostly)?
    Quick Question. I had Preware 0.9.18 installed and it wasn't until I heard yesterday's PalmCast that I realized the software had advanced to 0.9.28. Even though I load the app almost every day it was not registering that there was an update with Preware itself. Has anyone else run into this?
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J Moe View Post
    Quick Question. I had Preware 0.9.18 installed and it wasn't until I heard yesterday's PalmCast that I realized the software had advanced to 0.9.28. Even though I load the app almost every day it was not registering that there was an update with Preware itself. Has anyone else run into this?
    If you don't have feeds set to update automatically or you haven't updated them manually in a while you would never know that there were updates available.
    Quote Originally Posted by J Moe View Post
    Yes. Use WebOS Quick Install 3.01 or later to reinstall Preware and the Packahe Manager Service.

-- Rod
    Thank you very much, I will do so soon.
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)