Page 263 of 305 FirstFirst ... 163213253258259260261262263264265266267268273 ... LastLast
Results 5,241 to 5,260 of 6094
  1. #5241  
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlD89 View Post
    collected errors:
    ipkg_download: ERROR: command failed with return value 1: 'wget --passive-ftp -q -P /media/cryptofs/apps/lib/ipkg/tmp/ipkg-gcldgg http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precen..._0.0.1_all.ipk'
    wget: content-length 414 is garbage
    Sorry, I missed that last line of your error log.

    That line means that your cellular provider is corrupting your downloads.

    Try using wifi instead.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2. KarlD89's Avatar
    Posts
    124 Posts
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    #5242  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Sorry, I missed that last line of your error log.

    That line means that your cellular provider is corrupting your downloads.

    Try using wifi instead.

    -- Rod
    currently unable to try wifi, router has broken, but thanks for your help
  3. #5243  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Preware 0.9.28 has just been released, with support for displaying the countries which an app catalog developer has selected for the publication of their application.

    So if a free app from the Palm App Catalog is displayed in Preware, and cannot be downloaded, now you have some more information to determine whether you should contact the author to petition them to tick the box for your country ...

    Select the "Country" or "Price & Country" option in the List Scene Second Line preference menu item to see the countries displayed in the lists of apps.

    -- Rod
    I updated to Preware 9.27 this morning. I wasn't prompted for an update when I just opened Preware. Does this mean I should be updating again?

    Thanks for all that you do!
  4. #5244  
    Quote Originally Posted by ttzero View Post
    I updated to Preware 9.27 this morning. I wasn't prompted for an update when I just opened Preware. Does this mean I should be updating again?

    Thanks for all that you do!
    Make sure you update feeds and it should show up...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!


  5. #5245  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Preware 0.9.28 has just been released, with support for displaying the countries which an app catalog developer has selected for the publication of their application.

    So if a free app from the Palm App Catalog is displayed in Preware, and cannot be downloaded, now you have some more information to determine whether you should contact the author to petition them to tick the box for your country ...

    Select the "Country" or "Price & Country" option in the List Scene Second Line preference menu item to see the countries displayed in the lists of apps.

    -- Rod
    Just added my app to the "non-English" countries.

    webOS Developer
  6. #5246  
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Make sure you update feeds and it should show up...
    Thanks, I just got it.
  7. #5247  
    Quote Originally Posted by roneyii View Post
    Just added my app to the "non-English" countries.
    Awesome! That's exactly the effect I was hoping this new feature would have

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  8. #5248  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That would be a question for Jason (wosqi developer) to answer in the Canuck Software forum.

    I believe it will, but you should get confirmation from Jason. You will of course need to use wosqi to update the patch, since it will not be in the feeds, and we have no way of knowing whether it will conflict with other patches. If it breaks, then you'll be supporting it yourself

    -- Rod
    Thanks, Rod.

    Supporting it myself is 89.74% of all the fun!
  9. ssrjazz's Avatar
    Posts
    786 Posts
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    #5249  
    Hrm.. just did an Update all in Preware to get up to the latest Preware -and- package manager and now I get "Phone Offline" and it never comes back online.
  10. #5250  
    I have one quick question, I know your supposed to remove all patches and homebrew apps for an OTA update from Palm. Do I also have to remove the Preware program or can that stay as is?

    FYI.. I love the program. Thank you for making a great phone almost perfect.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

    Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
  11. #5251  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoove09 View Post
    I have one quick question, I know your supposed to remove all patches and homebrew apps for an OTA update from Palm. Do I also have to remove the Preware program or can that stay as is?

    FYI.. I love the program. Thank you for making a great phone almost perfect.
    Actually, these days you only need to remove themes. Anything else you install with Preware can stay.

    -- Rod
  12. #5252  
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    Hrm.. just did an Update all in Preware to get up to the latest Preware -and- package manager and now I get "Phone Offline" and it never comes back online.
    Just a note to confirm that we sorted this out, and it seemed to be independent of Preware.

    -- Rod
  13. #5253  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Actually, these days you only need to remove themes. Anything else you install with Preware can stay.

    -- Rod
    So all the patches I've installed can stay? That is awesome. I was the genius who suggested something like preware in the 1.4 anticipation thread and you convinced me to try it. I'm really glad I did now. You guys are doing a great job. Thank you.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

    Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
  14. #5254  
    Thank you very much for this "hint" to developers!!
    I was hoping for Palm to change their policy.. we in Europe, especially the non-english countries, have a ridiculous amount of apps compared to the US-catalog. And I'm not even talking about the paid-apps. So now, Preware does it.

    So thanks for this option, english apps in non-english countries are fine, most of us speak it anyway. Oh, please don't use translators, not even for the info-text.. the results are horrible!! Seriously Don't bother devs, leave it in English, it's ok, but hit the checkbox!
  15. #5255  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Actually, these days you only need to remove themes. Anything else you install with Preware can stay.

    -- Rod
    That is awesome you don't have to remove patches any more. That was always a pain to remove them all and then readd them after the update. If a patch is not compatible yet with 1.4 does it still keep it there or will I have to go look for it once it is compatible.

    Also a FYI in the what to expect for WebOS 1.4 thread they still say you have to remove all patches.
  16. #5256  
    Hi, I have a question: a few months ago I installed an "unhidedevmodeicon" with an earlier Quick Install version (which I don't have anymore).

    I now have the dev-mode icon in the launcher, and I can't remove it. I tried to install the Emergency File Verification via Preware, but it gives me an error during the installation and nothing happens: "Failed. ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post-install script execution"

    Under "Postinst" I can see the following line:
    Detected stock files modified via a method other than supported patch technologies:
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json
    File: /etc/udev/mount.blacklist
    Detected stock files backed up with prior versions of patch technology:
    File: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs $aupt$-$1$
    File: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs $aupt$-$1$


    So, can you please tell me how to remove this icon? I don't want to see the devmodeswitcher-app anymore but I can't delete it

    Thank you!
  17. #5257  
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    That is awesome you don't have to remove patches any more. That was always a pain to remove them all and then readd them after the update. If a patch is not compatible yet with 1.4 does it still keep it there or will I have to go look for it once it is compatible.

    Also a FYI in the what to expect for WebOS 1.4 thread they still say you have to remove all patches.
    I'll give the WebOS-Internals crew a break from anwering this one...

    PhantomPhreak --

    First of all, if you want just the highlights of "Patches and the 1.4 update", check out Jason R's article posted today (Wednesday) on the P|C home page. He actually has a few lines specifically about non-compatible or not yet-compatible patches.

    If you want the full details about this, there are several / many threads discussing this (including some which seem to include more speculation and rumor than fact -- leading to some fear-mongering). The best term to put into your P|C forum SEARCH bar is probably AUPT (Auto Update Patch Technology). There's a thread with that title exactly and it's a fairly robust and active disucssion of the hows and whys of the new 'OTA Update ready' approach to patching...
  18. ay
    ay is offline
    ay's Avatar
    Posts
    720 Posts
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    #5258  
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    That is awesome you don't have to remove patches any more. That was always a pain to remove them all and then readd them after the update. If a patch is not compatible yet with 1.4 does it still keep it there or will I have to go look for it once it is compatible.

    Also a FYI in the what to expect for WebOS 1.4 thread they still say you have to remove all patches.
    If a patch has not yet been updated for 1.4 (or any future WebOS update), a "dummy" package gets installed, and Preware knows to check for compatible updates each time you launch (or when you refresh feeds, as applicable). The only thing you should need to do is remove themes before an update. Everything else is automatic!
  19. hwal's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    #5259  
    i installed webos quick install per instructions in precentral successfully. then i installed preware & was trying 2 install lunar launcher & i cannot find it in utilities. can anyone help with this?
    also, when i look @ my "device info" & the memory, i have 0 left - any reasons for this?

    Thanks
  20. #5260  
    Quote Originally Posted by hwal View Post
    i installed webos quick install per instructions in precentral successfully. then i installed preware & was trying 2 install lunar launcher & i cannot find it in utilities. can anyone help with this?
    also, when i look @ my "device info" & the memory, i have 0 left - any reasons for this?

    Thanks
    Sounds like you've filled your USB drive, which will prevent installation of any applications.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions