Page 262 of 305 FirstFirst ... 162212252257258259260261262263264265266267272 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,240 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by mullern View Post
    HELP, after update to 9.27/9.36 (OTA), I get an error after launching PREWARE.
    It says "Failure during update operation, ipkg: Invalid gzip magic".

I can click the error msg away, and PREWARE continues to load.

I also just realized that I cannot install apps from the official APP Cat anymore (leo dict). Apparently App Cat is not up and running / dead again for non-US?

Any ideas/suggestions?

UPDATE: It is still the same error after I uninstalled PMS and PREWARE through WOSQI
    This usually indicates a problem with your network connection. If you are on GSM, please try on wifi.

Please see if it only occurs on a single URL, or if it occurs on all URLs for all the feeds.

Reinstalling things will not solve this error.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    This usually indicates a problem with your network connection. If you are on GSM, please try on wifi.

Please see if it only occurs on a single URL, or if it occurs on all URLs for all the feeds.

Reinstalling things will not solve this error.

-- Rod
    I am currently on WiFi. Maybe it is not totally unrestricted, it is in a hospital........
    I will try a different WiFi this evening. And I will try to rule out URL's. Thanks, Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by mullern View Post
    I am currently on WiFi. Maybe it is not totally unrestricted, it is in a hospital........
    I will try a different WiFi this evening. And I will try to rule out URL's. Thanks, Rod
    Ah, that will be a hotspot login problem then.

Visit Index of /feeds in your webOS browser, log into the hotspot, and then try again.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    very large packages (like a new game that we're releasing soon).
    What game? I like the sound of that!
    I get an error now when I try to start preware. ERROR: command failed with retrun value 1: wget passive-ftp.........................

server returned error

This is all so intimidating to me....
    I did the latest update yesterday, since then I don't get past the "updating feed information" screen. I have an active internet connection, I'm posting on there right now.
    Root to your Pre in Ubuntu: http://www.surfrock66.com/?p=600
    Preware 0.9.27 and Package Manager Service 0.9.36 have been released - you *really* *should* update to these versions soon.

To quell any rumours, the Preware and Package Manager Service updates are not related to the installation or removal of AUPT patches, and the bugs that were fixed and improvements that were made are relevant to the current webOS version.

The main reason for the haste is that there was a bug in the update routine where if Javascript garbage collection happened at just the wrong time, the package feed update functionality would hang. With lots of people updating lots of packages for a webOS version update happening sometime in the future, the slight chance of that hitting people increases due to the large number of people involved, so we want to reduce that chance to as close to zero as we can before that happens. We believe this update fixes that bug.

The other major improvement moves the temporary area used when installing a package to the larger /media/cryptofs/apps partition, which means we can now use Preware to install very large packages (like a new game that we're releasing soon).

Other improvements include hiding the price sort option when none of the loaded packages have any prices associated with them, and the addition of new feeds which only show the updates from the last 48 hours for the official Palm feeds.

-- Rod
    I have done this. I've doctored my Pre. I've done everything I can think of, and I still can't get the patches to show up in preware, and in webosquickinstall i can't get the tweaks to show up.

HELP!!!
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtygreek View Post
    What game? I like the sound of that!
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Malyshka View Post
    I get an error now when I try to start preware. ERROR: command failed with retrun value 1: wget passive-ftp.........................

server returned error

This is all so intimidating to me....
    Does it report an error on just one URL, or all the URLs in your list of feeds?

If it's just one URL, then report the URL here and continue (all the other feeds will have been updated fine).

If it's all the URLs, then you have a networking problem on your device.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by loopybandnerd View Post
    I have done this. I've doctored my Pre. I've done everything I can think of, and I still can't get the patches to show up in preware, and in webosquickinstall i can't get the tweaks to show up.

HELP!!!
    If you can't see patches on either Preware or WebOS Quick Install, then there is most likely something wrong with your network connectivity, cause those two programs use very different methods to get to the same web site, and 99.9999% of all the other Preware or WebOS Quick Install users can see the patches.

I assume you have double checked that you are using WebOS Quick Install 3.01 ...

-- Rod
    If you can't see patches on either Preware or WebOS Quick Install, then there is most likely something wrong with your network connectivity, cause those two programs use very different methods to get to the same web site, and 99.9999% of all the other Preware or WebOS Quick Install users can see the patches.

I assume you have double checked that you are using WebOS Quick Install 3.01 ...

-- Rod
    Yes I have checked. I've used both wifi and evdo. No luck on either. >.<
    Rod,

if I take a current version of a patch and tweak it and load it up from wosqi as a .patch file, does that still work with aupt? For instance, I took the battery as percent patch and changed the color to my personal preference. They have to be loaded as .ipk to work, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by loopybandnerd View Post
    Yes I have checked. I've used both wifi and evdo. No luck on either. >.<
    I'm out of ideas then.

You'll need to visit us live at freenode Web IRC (qwebirc) with the ability to run commands on the Linux command line and cut and paste to webos.pastebin.com to be able to debug this further.

If that is not possible, then backup your data, full erase and webOS Doctor and try with a freshly-minted phone.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    i recently received my phone back from repair, and installed preware again, but it will no longer install homebrew applications, shows an ipkg error everytime
    Quote Originally Posted by amateurhack View Post
    Rod,

if I take a current version of a patch and tweak it and load it up from wosqi as a .patch file, does that still work with aupt? For instance, I took the battery as percent patch and changed the color to my personal preference. They have to be loaded as .ipk to work, right?
    That would be a question for Jason (wosqi developer) to answer in the Canuck Software forum.

I believe it will, but you should get confirmation from Jason. You will of course need to use wosqi to update the patch, since it will not be in the feeds, and we have no way of knowing whether it will conflict with other patches. If it breaks, then you'll be supporting it yourself

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlD89 View Post
    i recently received my phone back from repair, and installed preware again, but it will no longer install homebrew applications, shows an ipkg error everytime
    I'm sorry, but this is an extremely poor request for help.

You don't mention what version of webOS you're running.

You don't mention what versions of Preware or Package Manager Service you're running.

You don't mention the URL of the instructions you used to installed them (including what versions of what tools you used).

You don't mention whether you full erased or webOS doctored the phone after you got it back.

You don't mention what homebrew applications you have tried.

You don't mention exactly what the error you get is.

You don't mention whether you get the same error for each application you try, or whether you get a different error each time (and what those errors are).

Seriously, how do you expect anyone to be able to help you?

There are over 25 thousand users of Preware. The developers have very few spare hours in the day to work on it (we are all volunteers, and do not make any money out of Preware). Extrapolate the effect on the development of Preware if every request for help was like this ...

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    i apologise, have never had a problem before, so was unsure on what i needed to write, but here we go,
    i am running:
    -webos 1.3.5.2 with a full erase and webos doctor
    -preware v0.9.27
    -package manager service v0.9.36

have tried:unofficial precentral app, xboxlive feeds, High Q! and some others

with error:
    Status
    Nothing Interesting

Install
    Begin installation of com.themxweb.precentral
    installing com.themxweb.precentral (0.01) to root...
    Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precen..._0.0.1_all.ipk
    an error occured, return value: 22.
    Failed to download com.themxweb.precentral. perhaps you need to run 'ipkg update'?

collected errors:
    ipkg_download: ERROR: command failed with return value 1: 'wget --passive-ftp -q -P /media/cryptofs/apps/lib/ipkg/tmp/ipkg-gcldgg http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precen..._0.0.1_all.ipk'
    wget: content-length 414 is garbage

Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException:
    Failure during 'install' operation

all the errors are the same, but obviously with certain changes directory changes due to different apps

and once again, sorry for the poor post, i am a big fan of yours and all of webos internals work, you make an awesome os amazing

Karl
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlD89 View Post
    Install
    Begin installation of com.themxweb.precentral
    installing com.themxweb.precentral (0.01) to root...
    Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precen..._0.0.1_all.ipk
    an error occured, return value: 22.
    Failed to download com.themxweb.precentral. perhaps you need to run 'ipkg update'?
    This usually means that the author of that app has updated it since the last time you Updated your feeds.

Select the "Update Feeds" option from the Preware menu.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    This usually means that the author of that app has updated it since the last time you Updated your feeds.

Select the "Update Feeds" option from the Preware menu.

-- Rod
    still giving the same error
    Preware 0.9.28 has just been released, with support for displaying the countries which an app catalog developer has selected for the publication of their application.

So if a free app from the Palm App Catalog is displayed in Preware, and cannot be downloaded, now you have some more information to determine whether you should contact the author to petition them to tick the box for your country ...

Select the "Country" or "Price & Country" option in the List Scene Second Line preference menu item to see the countries displayed in the lists of apps.

-- Rod