Page 260 of 305 FirstFirst ... 160210250255256257258259260261262263264265270 ... LastLast
Results 5,181 to 5,200 of 6094
    I performed a hard reset and installed novacomm, sdk, java, and luna and I cant get the preware to install patches. It comes up but when i click install it does nothing
    thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D33 View Post
    Same here...After updating to the latest version of preware today my phone started locking up whenever I tried to launch preware and I also received the same critical memory notification. I then deleted preware and attempted to reinstall it via Quick install but with no luck...any idea on what could be causing this error?
    Im having the same problem. After the update, I noticed that there was no package manager in my launcher... I think that's whats wrong, since Preware and the package manager seem to work together.
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by kirk0625 View Post
    Im having the same problem. After the update, I noticed that there was no package manager in my launcher... I think that's whats wrong, since Preware and the package manager seem to work together.
    The Package Manager Service icon is normally hidden (except from when it is installed for the very first time to the next luna reboot).

If Preware cannot contact the Package Manager Service, it will give an error message saying so.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    can anyone help with an issue that i believe started with a preware issue?first batt as% disappeared then preware disappeared from apps.i reinstalled preware and uninstalled some patches and apps.when i uninstalled usb passthrough toggle i thought i was done.i plugged it in to my laptop to charge and when i unplugged it i noticed there were no signal bars.the phone says it on but no data or phone service,wifi works.cant run doctor because its not being recognized when i connect,no option for media sync,just charge or usb. any help will be greatly appreciated!
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Wonderful news! I love having Open to Call Log back! There are several other patch updates.
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Now my phone doesnt even boot correctly...everytime i restart my phone i get the critical memory notification and from there I cant even enter in my pin to get into my phone. My phone will just sit there frozen and unresponsive until it attempts to restart. When it restarts on its own it never actually restarts but sits stuck in the restart mode until i remove the battery and the process then repeats. Any ideas on what could be causing this
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Now my phone doesnt even boot correctly...everytime i restart my phone i get the critical memory notification and from there I cant even enter in my pin to get into my phone. My phone will just sit there frozen and unresponsive until it attempts to restart. When it restarts on its own it never actually restarts but sits stuck in the restart mode until i remove the battery and the process then repeats. Any ideas on what could be causing this
    Did you ever install cpu speed or flex patch?

Sounds like you need to pay a visit to the doctor...
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    Did you ever install cpu speed or flex patch?

Sounds like you need to pay a visit to the doctor...
    No i didnt install those...ya i hope the doctor can fix it too since i cant even get into my phone it freezes on the screen lock! So im not sure if ill have the ability to put it in USB mode or if the phone will even stay on long enough to complete the process. Itll sit for a minute with the critical memory notification up and then all of a sudden its restarting!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cnicklaus View Post
    can anyone help with an issue that i believe started with a preware issue?first batt as% disappeared then preware disappeared from apps.i reinstalled preware and uninstalled some patches and apps.when i uninstalled usb passthrough toggle i thought i was done.i plugged it in to my laptop to charge and when i unplugged it i noticed there were no signal bars.the phone says it on but no data or phone service,wifi works.cant run doctor because its not being recognized when i connect,no option for media sync,just charge or usb. any help will be greatly appreciated!
    I am not an expert on Preware, but I was having problems with Preware and this was cured when I downloaded the latest version of webOSQI, then removed Preware and Package Manager Serviced and installed the new versions. If you have done this already, maybe someone else can help you.

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...l-v3-01-a.html
    Preware and the Package Manager Service don't do anything in the background until you start Preware.

So I cannot postulate a way that Preware can be causing a phone not to boot.

But, if you want to be double sure, use WebOS Quick Install to remove Preware and the Package Manager Service from your phone. If that fixes it, then install them again and if the problem comes back again then PM me and we will debug deeper.

If removing Preware and the Package Manager Service doesn't fix your problem, then the problem was not with Preware to begin with.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    No i didnt install those...ya i hope the doctor can fix it too since i cant even get into my phone it freezes on the screen lock! So im not sure if ill have the ability to put it in USB mode or if the phone will even stay on long enough to complete the process. Itll sit for a minute with the critical memory notification up and then all of a sudden its restarting!!
    There are instructions on the WebOS Internals site in the Recovery section to get into recovery mode for the doctor. This does not require your phone to boot.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    There are instructions on the WebOS Internals site in the Recovery section to get into recovery mode for the doctor. This does not require your phone to boot.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Preware and the Package Manager Service don't do anything in the background until you start Preware.

So I cannot postulate a way that Preware can be causing a phone not to boot.

But, if you want to be double sure, use WebOS Quick Install to remove Preware and the Package Manager Service from your phone. If that fixes it, then install them again and if the problem comes back again then PM me and we will debug deeper.

If removing Preware and the Package Manager Service doesn't fix your problem, then the problem was not with Preware to begin with.

-- Rod
    Ok thanks i will give this a try when i get home from work...im not sure if preware caused it but i noticed that about 2 days ago i updated preware and then relaunched it and right then is when the trouble began. I believe im going to have to go the recovery route cuz im not even able to boot my phone back up!
    Ok thanks i will give this a try when i get home from work...im not sure if preware caused it but i noticed that about 2 days ago i updated preware and then relaunched it and right then is when the trouble began. I believe im going to have to go the recovery route cuz im not even able to boot my phone back up!
    I doctored my pre all is well again. i'm kinda thinking it was my theme that messed up when i did the last preware update
    Quote Originally Posted by musichighc View Post
    I doctored my pre all is well again. i'm kinda thinking it was my theme that messed up when i did the last preware update
    Themes are the #1 cause of problems with patching.

If you have a theme installed (especially one that touches the same files that your patches touch), then all bets are off.

-- Rod
    Thanks rwhitby & musichighc...calling on the doctor right now...so far so good. I didnt have a theme installed so im not sure exactly what caused this to happen and it never dawned on me that the doctor could still work even if i wasnt able to boot. From scratch i start thanks again for the help!!
    I have never ran a theme on my Pre and Preware has run almost flawlessy (few minor hiccups) since I first installed it last October.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Last night I selected update all, for my patches, and when my phone restarted, it had logged out of my palm profile. I selected for it to do just a restart, but I lost all my homebrew apps, the patches all still worked, but would not recover. I run Preware at least twice a day. Never installed any themes.
    I am pretty sure this has been covered, BUT....does it matter if I install patches/tweaks via Preware or via WebOS QI?

With that asked, can I uninstall a patch that was installed via preware through QI? ....and vise versa?

I thought at one point they were seperated to an extent, but things keep changing on me.
    Thanks!
    The doctor actually didnt help me in this case...FYI for those out there with the same issue...i had to reboot my phone and once it came on i had to quickly pull up the reset options via device info before i received the critical memory notification. Once i pulled up the reset options i did a full erase and now my pre is back to normal...so far! I used WebOS doctor before but i still received the same issue when i rebooted the phone it would give me the critical memory notification within minutes, freeze, reboot and repeat!!