Page 26 of 305 FirstFirst ... 1621222324252627282930313676126 ... LastLast
  1.    #501  
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperpre View Post
    Wish me luck!!
    Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by fr4nk1yn View Post
    I'm having the same problem with it not loading. Seemed to start with .8.0, .8.2 and .8.5 are the same.
    Curiously I'm having the same problem with Tweed.
    Preware 0.8.5 completely changes the way in which it loads. (And it requires Package Manager Service 0.8.5 to work.)

You should make sure both are upgraded to the newest version.
    I'll gave it another go. I really liked Preware the time I spent with it.
    Just install .8.6 of package manager and .8.5 of Preware and it started right up.
    Quote Originally Posted by plee3 View Post
    A possible reason is that the first post has not been updated when new releases have been made (0.8.2 and 0.8.5) along with a change list.

This gives the impression that the first post maybe out of date and since the thread is so long, they just go the last post instead of reading all the pages.

You can also try to generate a FAQ in the first post to answer some of the common questions so people won't have to ask them again and again.

Just some ideas... plee3
    Yeah, that's the problem with forums compared to wiki pages - only the original poster can modify the first post in a forum thread.

I'll ask oil to just rip all the version information out of the first post and just point very prominently to the wiki page (which we try and keep up to date, and if we forget then the alpha testers do it for us).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Hi
    Does package manager service need to be uninstalled for WEbOS 1.2?
    Does GNU need to be uninstalled for WEbOS 1.2?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 321contak View Post
    Hi
    Does package manager service need to be uninstalled for WEbOS 1.2?
    Does GNU need to be uninstalled for WEbOS 1.2?

Thanks
    No. No (assuming you meant GNU Patch Binary).

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I believe so, GNU and package manager that show up on Preware as a installed item. Thanks again
    Ive been having issues with PREware loading for the past couple of hours (needed to remove the keyboard)... checking and updating the Package and PreWare itself fixed it IMMEDIATELY.

Thanks Everyone!
    Just a quick question, I don't if anyone has ran into this problem or not... I just recently updated Preware and the updated version of Package Manager Service. Now when I open Preware the "Available Patches" field is greyed out. I have the virtual keyboard on my Pre and it works just fine, but now I don't know how to remove it for the WebOS 1.2 update coming soon cause the Available Patches field is not accessible anymore and it shows 0 patches available... Any help with this would be much appreciated. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangjoe04 View Post
    Just a quick question, I don't if anyone has ran into this problem or not... I just recently updated Preware and the updated version of Package Manager Service. Now when I open Preware the "Available Patches" field is greyed out. I have the virtual keyboard on my Pre and it works just fine, but now I don't know how to remove it for the WebOS 1.2 update coming soon cause the Available Patches field is not accessible anymore and it shows 0 patches available... Any help with this would be much appreciated. Thanks!
    It is under "Installed Packages" ?

-- Rod
    Rod, yes it is, and I have the option to remove it there. Thanks I should have looked there first, didn't even think to look there. Thanks for a speedy solution to my problem!
    Hey All,
    Filecoaster worked great and then I got visions of grandeur...Wanted virtual keyboard eff iphone, so sick of that played out phone...pretty yes but eff at@t with the price tag...don't need status.

Anyway once i put preware on my phone my sms stopped functioning. I removed preware and still white screen horror when trying to text...had to do a web doc reboot which fixed the issue (obviously). Upon the next go round same thing happened white screen horror....

Anyone else have this issue and if so what can be done w/out a complete system reboot?
    Last edited by Read iculus; 09/09/2009 at 04:09 AM. Reason: misspell
    When I try to access Preware, it tells me that my version of package manager is not compatible with Preware. When I try and update the package manager through Preware it tells me to use Webos quick install. On the quick install it tells me the file cannot be found. I used device managment to unistall the virtually keyboard, preware and package manager. Now I can't get Preware back on my phone. Has anyone else has these problems and could someone let me know what is going on. Thanks to all the developers who have made it possible for us to customize our phones.
    You have to upgrade to the latest preware. I was having problems with my 0.7.7 release. Use WebOS quick install and download the latest release and install.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    yeah i was having trouble too. there was a really long load time but i saw that there was an update. but you have to use quick install to update it. i updated the package manager first then the preware second. it works better now and quicker loading.
    Hi all,
    Great thread. I have installed the PreWare along with the a few packages (on-screen keyboard, shopping card, MyTether etc.). I also made a couple of tweaks (set the icons to 4x4, added roam only to options).

Now I can't start the Web Browser. From the launch menu I tap the Web Browser and nothing happens. The launcher stays open, but browser wouldn't start. I tried to reboot and remove the battery. I tried to search the folrum and didn't see anyone else having this problem. I would really not want to reset the phone back to 1.03. Do I have any other options? TIA
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    I also was having issues with Preware loading today. Just soft-reset the phone and now am good to go like a crunch-wrap.
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    I have the latest versions of the package manager service and the preware app, and can see what repos are loading with the status bar. The precentral repo still takes what seems like a really long time to load. Is this just an issue with how many apps are available, or something else?

Also, I can't let the app go inactive (dashboard popup, switch cards, minimize card, screen dim, etc) while it is updating/loading, otherwise it never finishes. I have to just keep tapping the screen every few seconds and hoping nowbody txt's me or any alarms go off before it finishes loading. Is this normal, or is this just something with my phone?
    I've been having a ton of issues lately with the message Package Manager service not open. It IS open though, because closing the card and trying again has it working perfectly. It usually only gives me that message when I have a bunch of cards open- is it possible that the app might need just a little bit longer of a timeout?
  19.    #519  
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepybubba View Post
    Hi all,
    Great thread. I have installed the PreWare along with the a few packages (on-screen keyboard, shopping card, MyTether etc.). I also made a couple of tweaks (set the icons to 4x4, added roam only to options).

Now I can't start the Web Browser. From the launch menu I tap the Web Browser and nothing happens. The launcher stays open, but browser wouldn't start. I tried to reboot and remove the battery. I tried to search the folrum and didn't see anyone else having this problem. I would really not want to reset the phone back to 1.03. Do I have any other options? TIA
    This isn't a problem with preware.

It sounds like a problem with what you installed with it or other patches or tweaks you did.

And if you use webos doctor, you don't have to go back to 1.0.3, it would go back to 1.1 if you have the 1.1 doctor.
  20.    #520  
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    The precentral repo still takes what seems like a really long time to load. Is this just an issue with how many apps are available, or something else?
    2 seconds for the precentral feed to load is "a really long time"?

Wow.

I would hate to see you wait for the pre to boot up, that must seem like an eternity of agony to you.

It takes "a really long time" for the precentral feed to load because of how many apps it has.

Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    Also, I can't let the app go inactive (dashboard popup, switch cards, minimize card, screen dim, etc) while it is updating/loading, otherwise it never finishes. I have to just keep tapping the screen every few seconds and hoping nowbody txt's me or any alarms go off before it finishes loading. Is this normal, or is this just something with my phone?
    It has happened to me a couple times where it gets stuck. But just hit the appmenu and select update feeds and it will try again.

Really though, the new version takes all of like 10 to 15 seconds to update the feeds and load them, your screen shouldn't go to turn off in that time. You shouldn't have to tap the screen to keep it awake.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I've been having a ton of issues lately with the message Package Manager service not open. It IS open though, because closing the card and trying again has it working perfectly. It usually only gives me that message when I have a bunch of cards open- is it possible that the app might need just a little bit longer of a timeout?
    If you get that message, it means java has already responded saying the package manager isn't running, its not a timeout issue. The package manager should always be asleep in the background, it's not being started when you start preware, it's started with the phone.

Personally I've never ran across this message (even when loading it with a lot of apps open.) Are you at 0.8.5 of both preware and the package manager?