Page 259 of 305 FirstFirst ... 159209249254255256257258259260261262263264269 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,180 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Go into the App Catalog, and cancel any broken downloads.

If there are no obvious broken downloads there, then use WebOS Quick Install 3.01 or later to install Preware 0.9.26

-- Rod
    Rod,

I could not see any broken downloads so I used webos quick install to remove and reinstall preware. (version 9.26) and I was able to update my patches without a problem. I still get the same information when I run the Command:

** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "status": { "apps": [ { "id": "org.webosinternals.supertux", "details": { "version": "", "title": "", "vendor": "", "vendorUrl": "", "catalogId": -1, "client": "", "state": "removing" } }, { "id": "org.webosinternals.tetricrisis", "details": { "version": "", "title": "", "vendor": "", "vendorUrl": "", "catalogId": -1, "client": "", "state": "removing" } } ] }, "returnValue": true }

but at least it is not causing any preware problems now. Do you think I need to doctor my Pre to get rid of the above message? not sure if it will cause problems in the future

Thanks for your help and hard work
    Quote Originally Posted by Thibaud View Post
    Index of /feeds

If you can determine which version stopped working for you, that will help diagnose the problem.

-- Rod
    I have been traveling from Feb 3 to Feb 13, had Preware & Package Manager Service up-to-date before I left, and I did not update anything while traveling (too risky). Then updated both on Feb 14 to Preware rev. 0.9.24 & Package Manager Service rev. 0.9.35...

As of Feb 3 (according to the timestamp on Index of /feeds), Preware was rev. 0.9.18 (Jan 18) & Package Manager Service was rev. 0.9.34 (Jan 18). Any file on the device that may help confirm this rev. numbers? Does Preware maintains a log of the update it makes in any way?
    Today, I re-installed Preware rev. 0.9.18 (Jan 18) & Package Manager Service rev. 0.9.34 (Jan 18) with WOSQI 2.96 on my WebOS 1.3.1 Pre. Works fine, could install an app while I couldn't with Preware rev. 0.9.24 & Package Manager Service rev. 0.9.35.

I know 1.3.1 is way behind now, and I will try to upgrade to 1.3.5.2 if I can. Anything easy you could do, though, to fix this issue? Any issue jumping directly to 1.4? I can understand you being too busy to work on this. Just let me know and I'll manage.
    Palm Pilot Pro -> M505 -> T|X -> (franken) Pre & Pixi -> Pre2 2.2.4 & TP
    Linphone port to webOS (1.4.x -> ...), lately working on NAVIT
    Quote Originally Posted by musichighc View Post
    Help i can't reinstall Preware i have the latest quick install when i try my pre locks up sayin too many cards this started when i updated to the latest version by ota
    Quote Originally Posted by 1gonzalu View Post
    itz frustrating i thought i corrected it but to no avail now i'm been getting a low memory warning i might just doctor it and start fresh
    Any reason that Preware leaves the folder structure around after deleting an app within it?

Deleting the app from the launcher gets rid of the folders altogether.

It also seems to leave removed patches in the .webosinternals.patches.packages file.

Not a big deal, just wondering if there's any reason for it.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    so i have a problem, about a week ago i updated the package manager service of preware cause there was an update i hadent dont yet, and ever since the update when i go into preware the numbers are all wrong, it says i only have 9 patches installed, which i know isnt true there was more like 30, and it also says i only have 6 apps installed which is more like 50...i tried deleting preware and package manager service and reinstalling via webosQI but it still does the same thing....so i ont really want to webos doctor my phone but if i have to i guess i will but is there anything else i can try before the last resort. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by warguy View Post
    so i have a problem, about a week ago i updated the package manager service of preware cause there was an update i hadent dont yet, and ever since the update when i go into preware the numbers are all wrong, it says i only have 9 patches installed, which i know isnt true there was more like 30, and it also says i only have 6 apps installed which is more like 50...i tried deleting preware and package manager service and reinstalling via webosQI but it still does the same thing....so i ont really want to webos doctor my phone but if i have to i guess i will but is there anything else i can try before the last resort. Thanks.
    You probably got hit by the locking bug that Preware 0.9.25 fixes.

Try running the Emergency Reconstruction Utility, and installing Preware 0.9.26

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Any reason that Preware leaves the folder structure around after deleting an app within it?

Deleting the app from the launcher gets rid of the folders altogether.

It also seems to leave removed patches in the .webosinternals.patches.packages file.

Not a big deal, just wondering if there's any reason for it.
    Preware just calls the underlying ipkg linux command line tool from Palm to remove the package.

Are the folders for *all* uninstalled packages staying around, or just some?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Today, I re-installed Preware rev. 0.9.18 (Jan 18) & Package Manager Service rev. 0.9.34 (Jan 18) with WOSQI 2.96 on my WebOS 1.3.1 Pre. Works fine, could install an app while I couldn't with Preware rev. 0.9.24 & Package Manager Service rev. 0.9.35.

I know 1.3.1 is way behind now, and I will try to upgrade to 1.3.5.2 if I can. Anything easy you could do, though, to fix this issue? Any issue jumping directly to 1.4? I can understand you being too busy to work on this. Just let me know and I'll manage.
    I can't think of any change we've made which specifically breaks things for 1.3.1, but we no longer do any testing on 1.3.1 so it's quite possible that an unintended breakage has occurred.

Unfortunately, I'm not inclined to doctor a phone back to 1.3.1 to support it, sorry.

-- Rod
    @ rwhitby: This message was composed while you were answering my previous one, could not see...

OK, apparently narrowed down the issue to appear between Preware rev. 0.9.23 (OK) and 0.9.24 (KO), using Package Manager Service rev. 0.9.34 in both cases.

Diff says you changed calls for Install/Update/Remove in pkg-view-assistant.jsjsjs $from$ $doInstall$()/$doUpdate$()/$doRemove$() $to$ $doGetAppCatInstallStatus$():
    Code:
    diff -wru org.webosinternals.preware_0.9.23_all/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.preware/app/assistants/pkg-view-assistant.jsjsjs $org$.$webosinternals$.\
    $preware_0$.$9$.$24_all$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$org$.$webosinternals$.$preware$/$app$/$assistants$/$pkg$-$view$-$assistant$.$js$                                                  
    --- $org$.$webosinternals$.$preware_0$.$9$.$23_all$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$org$.$webosinternals$.$preware$/$app$/$assistants$/$pkg$-$view$-$assistant$.$js$ $2010$-$02$-$13$ $10$:$18$:$06$.$00000$\
    $0000$ +$0100$                                                                                                                                                
    +++ $org$.$webosinternals$.$preware_0$.$9$.$24_all$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$org$.$webosinternals$.$preware$/$app$/$assistants$/$pkg$-$view$-$assistant$.$js$ $2010$-$02$-$14$ $06$:$07$:$40$.$00000$\
    $0000$ +$0100$                                                                                                                                                
    @@ -$346$,$17$ +$346$,$17$ @@

// $install$                                                                                                                        
                            $case$ '$do$-$install$':                                                                                                                
    -                               $this$.$item$.$doInstall$($this$);                                                                                                
    +                               $this$.$doGetAppCatInstallStatus$('$install$');                                                                                 
                                    $break$;                                                                                                                    

// $update$                                                                                                                         
                            $case$ '$do$-$update$':                                                                                                                 
    -                               $this$.$item$.$doUpdate$($this$);                                                                                                 
    +                               $this$.$doGetAppCatInstallStatus$('$update$');                                                                                  
                                    $break$;                                                                                                                    

// $remove$                                                                                                                         
                            $case$ '$do$-$remove$':                                                                                                                 
    -                               $this$.$item$.$doRemove$($this$);                                                                                                 
    +                               $this$.$doGetAppCatInstallStatus$('$remove$');                                                                                  
                                    $break$;                                                                                                                    

// $install$                                                                                                                        
    @@ -$380$,$6$ +$380$,$37$ @@
     }                                                                                                                                                        

+$PkgViewAssistant$.$prototype$.$doGetAppCatInstallStatus$ = $function$($operation$)                                                                                
    +{                                                                                                                                                        
    +    $this$.$controller$.$serviceRequest$(&$quot$;$palm$://$com$.$palm$.$appInstallService$&$quot$;, {                                                                                
    +           $method$:&$quot$;$status$&$quot$;,                                                                                                                              
    +           $parameters$:{},                                                                                                                                
    +           $onSuccess$: $this$.$doCheckAppCatInstalls$.$bindAsEventListener$($this$, $operation$),                                                                   
    +           $onFailure$: $this$.$doCheckAppCatInstalls$.$bindAsEventListener$($this$, $operation$)                                                                    
    +       });                                                                                                                                               
    +}                                                                                                                                                        
    +                                                                                                                                                         
    +$PkgViewAssistant$.$prototype$.$doCheckAppCatInstalls$ = $function$($response$, $operation$)                                                                         
    +{                                                                                                                                                        
    +    $if$ ($response$.$status$.$apps$.$length$ == $0$) {                                                                                                              
    +
    Don't know what went wrong, though (you know, still learning JSJSJS...).

Also tested Preware 0.9.26, but issue remains the same.

Does this help?
    Last edited by Thibaud; 02/16/2010 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Message bump clarified
    @ rwhitby: This message was composed while you were answering my previous one, could not see...

OK, apparently narrowed down the issue to appear between Preware rev. 0.9.23 (OK) and 0.9.24 (KO), using Package Manager Service rev. 0.9.34 in both cases.

Diff says you changed calls for Install/Update/Remove in pkg-view-assistant.jsjsjs $from$ $doInstall$()/$doUpdate$()/$doRemove$() $to$ $doGetAppCatInstallStatus$():
    Code:
    diff -wru org.webosinternals.preware_0.9.23_all/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.preware/app/assistants/pkg-view-assistant.jsjsjs $org$.$webosinternals$.\
    $preware_0$.$9$.$24_all$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$org$.$webosinternals$.$preware$/$app$/$assistants$/$pkg$-$view$-$assistant$.$js$                                                  
    --- $org$.$webosinternals$.$preware_0$.$9$.$23_all$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$org$.$webosinternals$.$preware$/$app$/$assistants$/$pkg$-$view$-$assistant$.$js$ $2010$-$02$-$13$ $10$:$18$:$06$.$00000$\
    $0000$ +$0100$                                                                                                                                                
    +++ $org$.$webosinternals$.$preware_0$.$9$.$24_all$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$org$.$webosinternals$.$preware$/$app$/$assistants$/$pkg$-$view$-$assistant$.$js$ $2010$-$02$-$14$ $06$:$07$:$40$.$00000$\
    $0000$ +$0100$                                                                                                                                                
    @@ -$346$,$17$ +$346$,$17$ @@

// $install$                                                                                                                        
                            $case$ '$do$-$install$':                                                                                                                
    -                               $this$.$item$.$doInstall$($this$);                                                                                                
    +                               $this$.$doGetAppCatInstallStatus$('$install$');                                                                                 
                                    $break$;                                                                                                                    

// $update$                                                                                                                         
                            $case$ '$do$-$update$':                                                                                                                 
    -                               $this$.$item$.$doUpdate$($this$);                                                                                                 
    +                               $this$.$doGetAppCatInstallStatus$('$update$');                                                                                  
                                    $break$;                                                                                                                    

// $remove$                                                                                                                         
                            $case$ '$do$-$remove$':                                                                                                                 
    -                               $this$.$item$.$doRemove$($this$);                                                                                                 
    +                               $this$.$doGetAppCatInstallStatus$('$remove$');                                                                                  
                                    $break$;                                                                                                                    

// $install$                                                                                                                        
    @@ -$380$,$6$ +$380$,$37$ @@
     }                                                                                                                                                        

+$PkgViewAssistant$.$prototype$.$doGetAppCatInstallStatus$ = $function$($operation$)                                                                                
    +{                                                                                                                                                        
    +    $this$.$controller$.$serviceRequest$(&$quot$;$palm$://$com$.$palm$.$appInstallService$&$quot$;, {                                                                                
    +           $method$:&$quot$;$status$&$quot$;,                                                                                                                              
    +           $parameters$:{},                                                                                                                                
    +           $onSuccess$: $this$.$doCheckAppCatInstalls$.$bindAsEventListener$($this$, $operation$),                                                                   
    +           $onFailure$: $this$.$doCheckAppCatInstalls$.$bindAsEventListener$($this$, $operation$)                                                                    
    +       });                                                                                                                                               
    +}                                                                                                                                                        
    +                                                                                                                                                         
    +$PkgViewAssistant$.$prototype$.$doCheckAppCatInstalls$ = $function$($response$, $operation$)                                                                         
    +{                                                                                                                                                        
    +    $if$ ($response$.$status$.$apps$.$length$ == $0$) {                                                                                                              
    +
    Don't know what went wrong, though (you know, still learning JSJSJS...).

Also tested Preware 0.9.26, but issue remains the same.

Does this help?
    My guess is that appInstallService only appeared in 1.3.5 or later.

If someone else wants to give me the JSJSJS $code$ $to$ $test$ $for$ $that$ $and$ $work$-$around$ $it$, $I$'$ll$ $be$ $happy$ $to$ $merge$ $the$ $patch$, $but$ $I$ $can$'$t$ $spend$ $time$ $myself$ $working$ $out$ $how$ $to$ $do$ $it$.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    You probably got hit by the locking bug that Preware 0.9.25 fixes.

Try running the Emergency Reconstruction Utility, and installing Preware 0.9.26

-- Rod
    Worked lie a charm! thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1gonzalu View Post
    Same here...After updating to the latest version of preware today my phone started locking up whenever I tried to launch preware and I also received the same critical memory notification. I then deleted preware and attempted to reinstall it via Quick install but with no luck...any idea on what could be causing this error?
    I hope im ok posting in this thread. I have noticed updates in preware for applications I downloaded from sprint app store. Do I update them with this update?

Should I uninstall all patches before updating my pre? what about themes and apps?

If I take my phone to a sprint store should all of this be uninstalled beforehand?
    Preware just calls the underlying ipkg linux command line tool from Palm to remove the package.

Are the folders for *all* uninstalled packages staying around, or just some?

-- Rod
    From what I could tell, it was all of them. There were no files actually in the folders, just an empty folder structure. I deleted them manually so I can't say for sure it was all, but definitely most.
  16. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by astarsfan View Post
    I hope im ok posting in this thread. I have noticed updates in preware for applications I downloaded from sprint app store. Do I update them with this update?

Should I uninstall all patches before updating my pre? what about themes and apps?

If I take my phone to a sprint store should all of this be uninstalled beforehand?
    You can "update" applications from the app store via Preware. What will happen is that Preware will actually launch the app store application to install the updates. I'm not sure if that makes sense to read or not, but go ahead and update an app store app via Preware, and you'll see what I mean. It works - no problem.

Regarding patches and updates, so long as you have a current AUPT-3 version of each patch you have installed (search AUPT-3 and you'll see what I'm referring to - searching the forums can be a very helpful tool), there is no need to remove your patches before an update. You DO, however, need to remove themes before updating.

Regarding taking your phone to a Sprint store (I presume for service), they might not even notice if you have any patches installed, but in my personal opinion, it's probably better to be safe than sorry, and remove them first (although I'm sure many might disagree with that statement, and I can't say they'd be wrong).
    Quote Originally Posted by precrack View Post
    preware is gettin fcukin annoyin as hell, stop fcukin updating every fcukin day, are u a fcukin ******
    do u need help?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by precrack View Post
    preware is gettin fcukin annoyin as hell, stop fcukin updating every fcukin day, are u a fcukin ******
    Spectacular...please continue to ***** about the constant development of a FREE application that has made webOS into WAY more than Palm is able to do. If you're so upset about the constant updates, then STOP USING PREWARE and stop trolling the thread.

I can't stand ungrateful people like this that have no idea how much hard work these developers go through and complain about "too many" updates to the software.

I, for one, have been very excited to see how active Preware (and AUPT) has been in preparing for the launch of webOS 1.4 as well as the language translation that will enable even more users to benefit from homebrew.

Many thanks and kudos to the entire Preware Team, webOS Internals Team, WOSQI Team, and the many other people who have contributed to this community!
    My guess is that appInstallService only appeared in 1.3.5 or later.

If someone else wants to give me the JSJSJS $code$ $to$ $test$ $for$ $that$ $and$ $work$-$around$ $it$, $I$'$ll$ $be$ $happy$ $to$ $merge$ $the$ $patch$, $but$ $I$ $can$'$t$ $spend$ $time$ $myself$ $working$ $out$ $how$ $to$ $do$ $it$.

-- Rod
    Makes sense. And you are right, appInstallService apparently does not exist in 1.3.1:
    Code:
    palm-webos-device root # luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.appInstallService/status {}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"serviceName":"com.palm.appInstallService","returnValue":false,"errorCode":-1,"errorText":"com.palm.appInstallService is not running."}
    So I have the choice: provide some JSJSJS $code$ $to$ $work$-$around$ $it$ ... $or$ $upgrade$ $to$ $1$.$3$.$5$.$x$!

Thank you for taking the time to answer, much appreciated, great stuff you do.
    I love this, it's awesome.