Page 258 of 305 FirstFirst ... 158208248253254255256257258259260261262263268 ... LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,160 of 6094
    Thanks a lot for all the good work on Preware during the last months. I appreciate your efforts very much.

The EFIGS localization in general is a very good idea, but the implementation makes me feel a bit uneasy. My Pre is a German GSM model and at the moment I am encountering a mixture of German and English texts within Preware.

Would it be possible adding an option in the Preware Preferences where the user can select his (or her) preferred Preware language (overriding the actual language selection based on the Pre language settings)?

In my opinion a nice new feature (hoping not taking to much effort for implementing it).
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I suspect you did not install the Package Manager Service, or used an old version of WebOS Quick Install.

-- Rod
    Whatever version I had, I had to partial erase and reinstall it. I think it was messing a couple other things up too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stero View Post
    Thanks a lot for all the good work on Preware during the last months. I appreciate your efforts very much.

The EFIGS localization in general is a very good idea, but the implementation makes me feel a bit uneasy. My Pre is a German GSM model and at the moment I am encountering a mixture of German and English texts within Preware.

Would it be possible adding an option in the Preware Preferences where the user can select his (or her) preferred Preware language (overriding the actual language selection based on the Pre language settings)?

In my opinion a nice new feature (hoping not taking to much effort for implementing it).
    The selection of language resources is automatic in webOS. Preware does not control it.

Perhaps you can post here your suggestions for the other translation strings, so that the people (not me) doing the translations to the other languages can add them.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    I cannot use Preware anymore. It tells me "App catalog installation in progress..." I used a link Rob provided and it tells me that the problem is with an app called "Tealspeed dialer." I installed and deleted this app some time ago. Apparently it left some residue that the new Preware is picking up. I have tried the Repair Utility and it does not solve the problem. I have also tried reinstalling the app so I could cleanly delete it and it will not install; just sticks on "downloading." I don't want to doctor the phone (and I am not sure that would work anyway.) Can anyone help me? Please?
    Go into the app catalog, and resolve the error on that package.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    in the first post it reads:
    Please visit the webos-internals preware wiki page: Application:Preware - WebOS Internals. The wiki will ALWAYS have the most up-to-date information on preware.
    but there's only history up to 0.9.19, now we are on 0.9.25
    i wanted to look, if the were changes for the app-not-installing-problem when apps were in precentral-feed and (!) in one of the palm-feeds....
    Go into the app catalog, and resolve the error on that package.

-- Rod
    How? I can't install it -- it sticks on "downloading". What other options are there?
    Laissez Faire
    The selection of language resources is automatic in webOS. Preware does not control it.
    Didn't know of this automatism.

Perhaps you can post here your suggestions for the other translation strings, so that the people (not me) doing the translations to the other languages can add them.
    I'll have a look over it during the next day(s).
    I've run into a problem with preware that I haven't seen anyone else mention.

I had a stuck patch (the 4x4 Icons v2 patch) that I was able to remove by deleting the prerm script that was getting hung up on trying to remove some directories to support the patch that weren't there. I guess the patch really wasn't there, but I got tired of it showing up as installed in preware all the time (even after EPR).

After removing the prerm script I successfully uninstalled the patch. I then reinstalled the patch and then reremoved it to ensure that everything was being removed correctly.

The patch appears to have been removed correctly, but now preware won't run the prerm scripts when uninstalling any patch. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling preware and package manager service, but that doesn't work. Even after a full erase and webOS doctor the problem still persists.

I guess my question is what would I need to do to fully reset preware to get back the capability to run the prerm scripts. I suspect that it isn't running the postinst scripts either since I'm not getting the usual prompts in preware when installing or removing patches. Has anyone seen anything like this?
    Quote Originally Posted by conum View Post
    in the first post it reads:

but there's only history up to 0.9.19, now we are on 0.9.25
    i wanted to look, if the were changes for the app-not-installing-problem when apps were in precentral-feed and (!) in one of the palm-feeds....
    The work-around for that is to disable the feed that you don't want, update feeds, and then install the app.

Feel free to update the wiki page (it's a wiki, so anyone can update it, and we do rely on the community playing their part in keeping it up to date).

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    How? I can't install it -- it sticks on "downloading". What other options are there?
    I believe you can cancel the installation.

-- Rod
    I believe you can cancel the installation.

-- Rod
    Sorry, I can't. There is an "X" on the bar that says "Downloading" but it does nothing. When I hit the upper right nothing useful appears.
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    I'm having the "App Catalog installation in progress" error. I have no app store apps that weren't able to finish installing properly, everything looks fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    I'm having the "App Catalog installation in progress" error. I have no app store apps that weren't able to finish installing properly, everything looks fine.
    Please see http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...ml#post2223890 and paste the output of the command requested in that thread.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Code:
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "status": { "apps": [ { "id": "org.webosinternals.preware", "details": { "version": "", "title": "", "vendor": "", "vendorUrl": "", "catalogId": -1, "client": "", "state": "removing" } } ] }, "returnValue": true }
    There you go.
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    Code:
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "status": { "apps": [ { "id": "org.webosinternals.preware", "details": { "version": "", "title": "", "vendor": "", "vendorUrl": "", "catalogId": -1, "client": "", "state": "removing" } } ] }, "returnValue": true }
    There you go.
    Preware 0.9.26 (now in alpha testing) should fix that. You can test it now using the preware-bootstrap script referenced at the end of the Preware wiki page at Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

Please let me know whether it fixes the problem.

-- Rod
    I am getting an error that says
    ''app catalog installing please try again''
    I can't install or uninstall though Preware.

also Palms update says ''updates available'' but when I hit the update button Palms app catalog showed erverything is uptodate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flak1969 View Post
    I am getting an error that says
    ''app catalog installing please try again''
    I can't install or uninstall though Preware.

also Palms update says ''updates available'' but when I hit the update button Palms app catalog showed erverything is uptodate.
    Go into the App Catalog, and cancel any broken downloads.

If there are no obvious broken downloads there, then use WebOS Quick Install 3.01 or later to install Preware 0.9.26

-- Rod
    preware at 1900 applications including palm and all others
    Help i can't reinstall Preware i have the latest quick install when i try my pre locks up sayin too many cards this started when i updated to the latest version by ota
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    If there are no obvious broken downloads there, then use WebOS Quick Install 3.01 or later to install Preware 0.9.26
    Confirmed, I had the ''app catalog installing please try again'" error with no active or stalled downloads. Updating Preware to .26 fixed the issue.