Page 255 of 305 FirstFirst ... 155205245250251252253254255256257258259260265 ... LastLast
Results 5,081 to 5,100 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    Does anyone know why I keep getting this error? I just got a replacement pre today. Installed Preware via WOSQI didn't work. Installed via Terminal app & it installed but this is what happens when I try to use it... Yfrog - 89764734 - Uploaded by Alexis_Casimiro please help... =(
    How exactly did you install it via Terminal?

Run "ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps update" to get more debugging information.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    for some reason all of the sudden the avalible patches category in preware is grayed out...anyone know anything about this...or how to fix it?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    On my phone I ran the terminal app & typed in "cd /tmp" Let it do what it needed to, then I typed in "wget http://bit.ly/preware-bootstrap" let it do what it needed to, then I typed in "sh preware-bootstrap" and it installed all of the stuff it need to, rescanned luna & restarted java. Then I went to open the app & it would go to the regular update screen & once it finished it gave me that error.

Now I typed this "ipkg" thing but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to look for. What am I supposed to find? This is a bunch of writing. Am I supposed to do it from WOSQI or Terminal?
    Last edited by Prince_Basil; 02/12/2010 at 11:10 AM.
    Hum, stupid question... How I can upload the Spanish translation?

-- Rod
    This is what I get...
    Screen Shot 1:
    http://yfrog.com/4a2l0p
    Screen Shot 2:
    http://yfrog.com/4it30p
    Like I said, I'm not sure what to look for. But is there a way to remove Preware & Package Manager Service all through terminal? Maybe I could do that & then install it all over again.
    I would like to translate Preware to Portuguese but I dont know what are the files I have to translate and where they are. Can somebody guide me through the process?
    Hey Fellas, for some reason I can not select the "Available Patches" section. "Available Patches" is grey'd out and there is no number next to it to indicate how many patches are available. I of course checked the feeds and I turned everything on and still no go. Any idea whats going on here?

Thanks
    Last edited by Blipstein; 02/13/2010 at 11:22 AM.
    There is no spoon
    I just updated my Preware OTA a bit ago. Just now when I went back into it I was shocked to see it was saying that I only have 2 patches installed. I quickly checked to see if my other 11 still worked and was pleased to see that they do. Now my question is to what effect will this play when Palm updates the OS in a couple days?
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotewayne View Post
    I just updated my Preware OTA a bit ago. Just now when I went back into it I was shocked to see it was saying that I only have 2 patches installed. I quickly checked to see if my other 11 still worked and was pleased to see that they do. Now my question is to what effect will this play when Palm updates the OS in a couple days?
    I just updated my Preware today also. Now it shows I have 0 packages installed. No patches, no homebrews, no official apps, nothing. However all my patches, homebrew/official apps still work. It just seems like Preware doesn't recognize them now. I downloaded a new app and Preware sees that.

This is kinda funny, Preware doesn't even see itself...

And yes I have done a Luna restart and a complete restart, to no avail.
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    I just updated my Preware today also. Now it shows I have 0 packages installed. No patches, no homebrews, no official apps, nothing. However all my patches, homebrew/official apps still work. It just seems like Preware doesn't recognize them now. I downloaded a new app and Preware sees that.

This is kinda funny, Preware doesn't even see itself...
    Was there an app catalog installation happening (perhaps in the background) at the same time as a Preware installation?

If so, the app catalog has probably trashed the ipkg status file. Run the Emergency Reconstruction Utility to fix it.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Was there an app catalog installation happening (perhaps in the background) at the same time as a Preware installation?

If so, the app catalog has probably trashed the ipkg status file. Run the Emergency Reconstruction Utility to fix it.

-- Rod
    That fixed it! Thanks partner!

Preware 0.9.24 is in the alpha testing feed, with a potential fix for this problem. The fix is that it will not let you install, update or remove homebrew packages while there is an app catalog install underway.

Preware 0.9.23 is in the public release feed, with language support for English, French, Italian, German and Spanish (EFIGS).

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    This is what I get...
    Screen Shot 1:
    Yfrog - 2l0 - Uploaded by Alexis_Casimiro
    Screen Shot 2:
    Yfrog - t30 - Uploaded by Alexis_Casimiro
    Like I said, I'm not sure what to look for. But is there a way to remove Preware & Package Manager Service all through terminal? Maybe I could do that & then install it all over again.
    You made a typo in the commands.

I'd recommend using WOSQI to remove Preware and the Package Manager Service, and then starting again using http://install.preware.org/

-- Rod
    I can not select the "Available Patches" section. "Available Patches" is grey'd out and there is no number next to it to indicate how many patches are available. I checked the feeds and I turned everything on ...and still no go. Any idea whats going on here?

Thanks
    There is no spoon
    Quote Originally Posted by Malakun View Post
    Hum, stupid question... How I can upload the Spanish translation?
    Just update preware.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blipstein View Post
    I can not select the "Available Patches" section. "Available Patches" is grey'd out and there is no number next to it to indicate how many patches are available. I checked the feeds and I turned everything on ...and still no go. Any idea whats going on here?

Thanks
    Having the same issue. Thought it was a server side issue, but it's been going on for a week now.

Thanks
    What is the URL listed in the webos-patches section of the Manage Feeds page?

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonino ZGZ View Post
    Just update preware.
    Actually, he is the one who created the Spanish translations, and was asking how he can upload them for Preware to use them. I contacted him privately, and Preware 0.9.23 contains his work.

-- Rod
    What is the URL listed in the webos-patches section of the Manage Feeds page?

-- Rod
    Actually it's blank! It looks like webos-patches is the only feed without a URL under it. I am going to remove and reinstall Preware when I get home and let you know.

Any idea why it's doing this?
    There is no spoon
    Actually it's blank! It looks like webos-patches is the only feed without a URL under it. I am going to remove and reinstall Preware when I get home and let you know.

Any idea why it's doing this?
    Don't reinstall Preware.

Reinstall the Package Manager Service.

This usually occurs do to an incorrect installation of Package Manager Service.

-- Rod