Page 252 of 305 FirstFirst ... 152202242247248249250251252253254255256257262302 ... LastLast
Results 5,021 to 5,040 of 6094
    so, ever since the last update, i have tried numerous times to install preware and when i open it...it gives me an error message. I even hard rewset my phone. any ideas?? having a stock pre is getting really annoying!!!
    I too am getting an error, but after closing and reopening it usually works. My main question is for the Preware guys, why doesnt the Preware icon able to be edited for themes since the last update, also your Reset app icon will not edit either. Is there a different path that Prethemer does not have? I know most of the Prethemer community is having this issue...thanks guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by dustin_thewind View Post
    so, ever since the last update, i have tried numerous times to install preware and when i open it...it gives me an error message. I even hard rewset my phone. any ideas?? having a stock pre is getting really annoying!!!
    Do you have BOTH the latest version of Preware AND the latest version of the Package Manager Service installed?
    Does anyone know if there are any other feeds? Or do we only have access to the Preware pre-installed feeds. If so, how can we get access to them? Thank you in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by iwalkthrowwalls View Post
    Does anyone know if there are any other feeds? Or do we only have access to the Preware pre-installed feeds. If so, how can we get access to them? Thank you in advance.
    There are no other legitimate feeds of packages that I know of that are not already included in Preware. If there was, we would add them

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Is there a link with instructions for installing WebOs Doctor / Preware for Palm Pre Plus / Verizion customers? I tried following the various versions of instructions found online and they all seem to be for other carriers and do not appear to be the same screenshots as I get when I d/l the verizon version of Doctor...?

Thanks,

Bob L.
    Quote Originally Posted by boblarimer View Post
    Is there a link with instructions for installing WebOs Doctor / Preware for Palm Pre Plus / Verizion customers? I tried following the various versions of instructions found online and they all seem to be for other carriers and do not appear to be the same screenshots as I get when I d/l the verizon version of Doctor...?

Thanks,

Bob L.
    The instructions on the Preware wiki page are independent of carrier.

For the bootstrap script you just need a command line on the Pre.

For the stand-alone installers, and webOS Doctor version will do, since it only needs the novacom driver from it.

For WebOS Quick Install I expect any version of the webOS Doctor will operate correctly too.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Did some resetting. My patches still work but they do not show up as installed in either Preware or WEBOSQI. I have run Emergency Reconstruction Utility but nothing happens. Not eager to run EPR. Should I be worried? Is there any fix?
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I love preware too!! I have a question about updating. I know I have to remove my theme first and then do the emergency patch recovery, but after I do the update, is there a way to reinstall the 6 patches that I have already. I hate to have to do all 6 again, but if I have to, I will!! Thanks and hope to hear from someone!
    Darlene
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I don't really care at this point (since sometime this month we are getting an upgrade) but just noticed tonight that Preware is no longer accurately showing me the patches that I have installed.

I have more patches installed than Preware is actually able to notice.

I did do that big update that processed and updated everything at the beginning of the week.

For example, I have the 'show mute icon in top bar' patch installed and working correctly. It was installed by Preware, but Preware now thinks it's not installed at all.

It was one of many that I just noticed like that.

Rob
    Same thing has happened to me. I went from having 120 installed packages to 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by boblarimer View Post

Thanks,

Bob L.
    These instructions should be carrier independent as well...

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...5-minutes.html
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I have had preware on my Pre for a while now and have installed several patches and apps but never a theme. I finally decided I wanted to try a theme out and after I installed a theme and restarted Luna the theme did not seem to take effect. I still have the default theme showing but Preware shows the theme as "installed" so I am not sure what to do now. Any ideas?
  13. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DJMpre View Post
    I have had preware on my Pre for a while now and have installed several patches and apps but never a theme. I finally decided I wanted to try a theme out and after I installed a theme and restarted Luna the theme did not seem to take effect. I still have the default theme showing but Preware shows the theme as "installed" so I am not sure what to do now. Any ideas?
    Some themes are known not to be installing properly. Try installing a theme from the PremeThemer feed, and see if that works. The theme I have installed does not work via the PreCentral feed, but does work via the PreThemer feed.
    Quote Originally Posted by jboucicaut View Post
    Same thing has happened to me. I went from having 120 installed packages to 4.
    +1 same here I just updated the vk and after the luna restart from 125 go to 4 !...
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    +1 same here I just updated the vk and after the luna restart from 125 go to 4 !...
    Try installing ERU (Emergency Reconstruction Utility) which will fix corrupted ipkg status file.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    Try installing ERU (Emergency Reconstruction Utility) which will fix corrupted ipkg status file.
    thank you so much, that fix the problem!!'
    Last edited by SISGO; 02/02/2010 at 05:51 PM.
    Same for me. Thank you Eric.
    I'm not sure what happen with Preware on my phone because I keep getting this when I update or even open up Preware. Can someone help me & if I need to reinstall, is there a way to do it through the terminal app on my phone? Here are some screen shots. I am not near a computer so I had to upload them through my Twitter. But here they are. Help please?!

Screen Shot 1:
    http://yfrog.com/4fworp

Screen Shot 2:
    http://yfrog.com/3ivqhp
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    I'm not sure what happen with Preware on my phone because I keep getting this when I update or even open up Preware. Can someone help me & if I need to reinstall, is there a way to do it through the terminal app on my phone? Here are some screen shots. I am not near a computer so I had to upload them through my Twitter. But here they are. Help please?!

Screen Shot 1:
    Yfrog - wor - Uploaded by Alexis_Casimiro

Screen Shot 2:
    Yfrog - vqh - Uploaded by Alexis_Casimiro
    Use the preware-bootstrap script method outlined on the Preware wiki page.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    im having a problem with my preware.. its been working perfectly for along time now.. it says i have V 0.9.18 on it .. but when i go to open it, it load all the feed but then gives an

OnFeeds Error msg saying "TypeError: Cannot call method 'split' of undefined"

can someone please help me out