Page 251 of 305 FirstFirst ... 151201241246247248249250251252253254255256261301 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,020 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Hey is it just me but I've had so many times recently where preware does not start. Like I need to try 4 or 5 times before it will actually start up. Anybody else have this problem or a fix for it.
    If "by not start" you mean that the app "sits there spinning" then that means that one of the feed sites you ate trying to download from is not responding. You can go intothe app preferences and turn the feeds off one-by-one until youfind the culprit. If (like me) you never use themes, you can turn those sites off and have faster preware startup and less potential problems.)
    Please Help!!!! I keep having a problem when I try to start Preware it seems to hang up while downloading feed information. I have used WebOS quick install to remove Preware and package service manager many times, then restart my phone and some times this works when I start Preware, This fix only lasts one time and then when I go back and start Preware is starts hanging up on the downloading feed.
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    If "by not start" you mean that the app "sits there spinning" then that means that one of the feed sites you ate trying to download from is not responding. You can go intothe app preferences and turn the feeds off one-by-one until youfind the culprit. If (like me) you never use themes, you can turn those sites off and have faster preware startup and less potential problems.)
    Is there a way to do this before launching Preware? That's my problem. I launch and it immediately starts trying to connect and finally errors out with unable to connect.
    When running through a WiFI connection I can see preware downloading the zip files for each feed. Once it has downloaded the files then it produces an ipkg update error in which it cannot find gzip magic.

I have tried uninstalling PM and Preware and reinstalling according to instructions using WebOS Quick Install 2.96

Any suggestions?

I have tried several things and I do not really wish to wipe everything clean.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I thought I posted this yesterday but I can't find it today, so I will re-post my issue.

Preware is saying that 2 applications need to be updated and they are already updated.

The first is pReader and the second is GroceryList.

I think I understand why this is happening and need someone to confirm it?

pReader and GroceryList are both available in Homebrew as well in Palm's App Catalog, but they have different versions.

So I think Preware is seeing the different version numbers (and the Homebrew version usually have the latest version number or a higher number) and then informing me that I need to update but not realizing that I purchased these app from the App Store.

So when I click to do the update, it brings me to the App Store which is correct, but of course there is no update available because I already have the latest version.

I've tried to delete the apps and redownload them but I still get the same issue, so that is why I feel that Preware is getting mixed up between the Homebrew versions and Palm's App Catalog.

Again can someone confirm, and if I'm write can it be fixed?

Thanks!

Rob
    Authors are meant to use different package id's for homebrew and app catalog applications. You should ask the authors of these packages to correct this.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by chamoloco View Post
    When running through a WiFI connection I can see preware downloading the zip files for each feed. Once it has downloaded the files then it produces an ipkg update error in which it cannot find gzip magic.

I have tried uninstalling PM and Preware and reinstalling according to instructions using WebOS Quick Install 2.96

Any suggestions?

I have tried several things and I do not really wish to wipe everything clean.
    Which specific URL is having this problem? If you disable that feed, so all the other feeds work?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    This is during the initial preware load. The message makes me think that it cannot find the application needed to unzip the files, not that it is having problems unzipping a particular file.
    Seems like Palm Beta feed is wonky as it hangs app. Also, I now have a patch (launcher tabs) that lists as needing an update, but I cannot download, remove or update it. Two other apps (moo is one of them, (yes, yes, vital I know)) that give me the "not a valid WebOS application" error when updating. Overall, I am experiencing many more bugs since the auto update update (update).

UPDATE!: Yeah, App Scoop is also failing. I have disabled the PalmBeta feed and Preware loads now.

Still have that patch problem though.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    I followed sir_mycroft's recommendation on disabling the Palm Beta feed and 'magically' all the remaining feeds loaded.

Interesting since I had interpreted the error message as a missing application.
    I just upgraded preware and package manager. Removed all my patches and now I can't install any at all. I get failed during install. After the downloading line it error with return value of 1. Please help. Thanks.
    I get the "please connect your device" message... I have 2.96 and Win 7. I tried it on XP but get the same message. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerja View Post
    Getting "this is not a valid webOS application." error on apps in Palm Web feed.
    Im getting this as well. Anyone figured out what is going on here?
    What causes Preware to see apps in the Palm Catalog Feed that do not show up in the App Catalog on the Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    What causes Preware to see apps in the Palm Catalog Feed that do not show up in the App Catalog on the Pre?
    There is no filtering of what Preware shows you. It simply shows everything that is in the XML file that Palm publishes.

Your App Catalog will show a subset of that according to some formula that only Palm knows, involving some combination of the country in which you activated the Pre, the country in which you currently situated, settings in your palm profile, CDMA or GSM, and the phase of the moon and the age of your sister's neighbour's cat.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    There is no filtering of what Preware shows you. It simply shows everything that is in the XML file that Palm publishes.

Your App Catalog will show a subset of that according to some formula that only Palm knows, involving some combination of the country in which you activated the Pre, the country in which you currently situated, settings in your palm profile, CDMA or GSM, and the phase of the moon and the age of your sister's neighbour's cat.

-- Rod
    Gotcha. Thanks for the explanation.
    I don't really care at this point (since sometime this month we are getting an upgrade) but just noticed tonight that Preware is no longer accurately showing me the patches that I have installed.

I have more patches installed than Preware is actually able to notice.

I did do that big update that processed and updated everything at the beginning of the week.

For example, I have the 'show mute icon in top bar' patch installed and working correctly. It was installed by Preware, but Preware now thinks it's not installed at all.

It was one of many that I just noticed like that.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

^did you look at other sections of Installed packages? Some patches show up in unknown.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I keep getting a 'failed during getconfigs operation' message.
  19. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Ok, so this is a very long thread, and I didn't check it to see if this has been gone over before, but I just Doctored my phone and when it finished, preware was still there, and it listed all my former patches as still installed. None of the patches were actually installed, as the phone had just been doctored. I did an emergency patch removal and that seemed to fix it. Just wanted to know if this is normal?
    When I use Palm-Install off the new SDK, for big IPK's, I get the command.com error message:

Palm-Install: FAILED_NOT_ENOUGH_INSTALL_SPACE

What went wrong?? My Device Info tells me that I have 4.9gb memory available out of 8gb!!!

Can anyone help??