Page 249 of 305 FirstFirst ... 149199239244245246247248249250251252253254259299 ... LastLast
Results 4,961 to 4,980 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Because AUPT is finally finished!!! Thank you webOSInternals!!!!!!! They put in a ton of hard work to make our lives easier.
    AUPT? What exactly is that?
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Because AUPT is finally finished!!! Thank you webOSInternals!!!!!!! They put in a ton of hard work to make our lives easier.
    PLEASE EXPLAIN???

What is the necessary steps I need to do now?
    Follow the link below, it should explain everything. You are gonna love it!

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...echnology.html
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    You are gonna love it!
    FINALLY!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    FINALLY!!!
    Told ya so!

i love these forums i was just about to ask the same question why are all my patches in need of update thanks
    Some patches won't update or delete. I am running WEBOSQI at the same time and find that if I delete these patches there I can continue with the Preware update. Slows down the process because each time I use QI there is a luna restart and I need to restart Preware but so far it seems to be working.
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Some patches won't update or delete. I am running WEBOSQI at the same time and find that if I delete these patches there I can continue with the Preware update. Slows down the process because each time I use QI there is a luna restart and I need to restart Preware but so far it seems to be working.
    I found it easier to update one at a time, then go to WOSQI and remove/reinstall problem patches, and then go back to Preware to make sure they were there. Hope this helps.

Wow Preware came a long way. Thanks to the guys at Internals and devs for making WebOs the phone it should of been at launch! This news need to be on the home page!

Now I can patch the heck out my phone instead of just a few since I was waiting for the 1.4 update.
    I have my Preware app set to update every time I open the app. However just since last night when I open the app it seems to get stuck on "Downloading Feed Info - http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/palm-catalog/Packages.gz". I keep hearing everyone say that all of their patches need to be updated but I can't even get into the app. Anyone have any bright ideas?
    While it's stuck go to the app menu in the upper left corner and tap Update Feeds. It will start over and should work fine.

Worked like a charm. Thank you. On a side note, man multitasking is awesome. Had browser, email, preware, and phone open and was able to switch back and forth and do everything seamlessly. WOW.
    All my apps from the app catalog "failed to install" when updated so I searched around and figured out I had to get the emergency migration helper, yet when I click on 'list of everything' it freezes preware.
    Can someone PLEASE help me?? I am not at all good at this tech stuff, but I really want the virtual keyboard. I am getting and error and I know one of you can help me! But I have no idea what to do!!! I am getting Error: No Device Detected, when i plug in my phone. Can some please please help me???? Thanks so much, I appreciate it!
    I am getting an error installing (updating) my patches. The error says see IPKG log. Failed: error generic method exception. Failure during "install" operation. Is it me or just wait for a fix?
    Nevermind. I needed to update preware first!
    Quote Originally Posted by rsiegner View Post
    Can someone PLEASE help me?? I am not at all good at this tech stuff, but I really want the virtual keyboard. I am getting and error and I know one of you can help me! But I have no idea what to do!!! I am getting Error: No Device Detected, when i plug in my phone. Can some please please help me???? Thanks so much, I appreciate it!
    Sure, dude...

Read this, giving extra attention to steps 2 and 5d...

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...5-minutes.html
    I was wondering i was getting the same error and i have the latest version of preware installed it said i need to update 5 of my 7 patches installed so i did after that V KB would no loong work or install also none of the patches were seen by WebOS QI (latest version 2.96 as well) what happen here? I love pre ware but i have kinda come to notice that if i use both preware and webos qi to install patches it causes some probs any ideas? or should i just stick to one or the other for patching (thats what i am going to do for now)
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    I was wondering i was getting the same error and i have the latest version of preware installed it said i need to update 5 of my 7 patches installed so i did after that V KB would no loong work or install also none of the patches were seen by WebOS QI (latest version 2.96 as well) what happen here? I love pre ware but i have kinda come to notice that if i use both preware and webos qi to install patches it causes some probs any ideas? or should i just stick to one or the other for patching (thats what i am going to do for now)
    Since 1.3.5, WOSQI 2.96 has shown all patches under applications.

In webOS land, things are changing quicker than a daily basis. webOS, Preware, and WOSQI are all going thru growing pains incessantly. With AUPT, a lot of problems will be solved. When Palm gets their foundation mostly finalized, then there won't be issues like WOSQI listing patches under applications.

But yea... I stick with Preware to do everything I need. Even when WOSQI 3.0 implements AUPT, I will more than likely stick with Preware to handle everything. The only thing that WOSQI offers over Preware is tweaks... but, from my understanding, tweaks are essentially "closed-source patches", which I will not install merely on the basis that they are closed-source. They must be manually removed before each webOS update... and AUPT will not touch them since tweaks aren't patches.

MY recommendation is to use Preware always and don't touch themes and tweaks until they implement some technology similar to AUPT. Of course, you are free to do whatever you'd like with your own property.
    So I wiped out my phone and started fresh and I added package manager service and preware via webOSquickinstall and installed with no problems. Now when I run preware for the first time it is stuck on downloading http://www.prethemer.com/feeds/prewa...es/packages/gz

It has been there for 10 mins. What should I do?