Page 247 of 305 FirstFirst ... 147197237242243244245246247248249250251252257297 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,940 of 6094
    After running web doctor, the app preware was restored, however I unsure if it safe to run it? Do I need to remove the app and re-install with QI?
    OK - new problem, just installed both Package Manager Service and Preware from QI. When loading preware it says I have one update, which is package manager service. perform update and restart java, then preware will not load again, gives error that it cannot find package manager service...

Scratching my head...
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You likely forgot to run EPR before the update. A partial erase or webOS Repair Utility or webOS Doctor will be needed now.
    will running webOS doctor delete everything? i mean, i dont have to have these patches so if it erases everything i have i'd rather just not do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetrains View Post
    After running web doctor, the app preware was restored, however I unsure if it safe to run it? Do I need to remove the app and re-install with QI?
    Unfortunately, after a webOS Doctor, you will need to reinstall the Package Manager Service using WebOS Quick Install 2.96 or later.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Can someone help me please? I have a Palm Pre and I downloaded Preware on my phone. It worked for a longtime until I had to do a hard reset. Since then I have unistalled and installed Preware several times and when I try to run it I get an error message saying "Failure during 'getConfigs' operation"....it's been saying this for a week now and I really miss my Preware....HELP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by olemasta33 View Post
    Can someone help me please? I have a Palm Pre and I downloaded Preware on my phone. It worked for a longtime until I had to do a hard reset. Since then I have unistalled and installed Preware several times and when I try to run it I get an error message saying "Failure during 'getConfigs' operation"....it's been saying this for a week now and I really miss my Preware....HELP!!!
    Reinstalling Preware will never solve anything.

Reinstall the Package Manager Service if you want something different to happen.

Make sure you use WebOS Quick Install 2.96 or later to do so.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I'm getting an error almost every time I start Preware.
    I tap on Update Feeds and it usually starts working correctly- but kind of a PITA.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I'm getting an error almost every time I start Preware.
    I tap on Update Feeds and it usually starts working correctly- but kind of a PITA.
    That's a problem at PreThemer.com, not a problem in Preware - disable that feed and the problem will no longer occur.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    That's a problem at PreThemer.com, not a problem in Preware - disable that feed and the problem will no longer occur.

-- Rod
    I'd like to report it to PreThemer, if possible. Should I just send them this screen-shot and let them know it's happening or is there something that I can tell them that is more specific?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I'd like to report it to PreThemer, if possible. Should I just send them this screen-shot and let them know it's happening or is there something that I can tell them that is more specific?
    The screenshot is sufficient, assuming you had other feeds enabled at the same time and they were downloading fine.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    HELP Please!

I just ran Preware and looked at the available new apps, and found an app that I wanted to install.

The app is titled 'Network Tools' version 1.0.0 ID com.rsnet.networktools FEEDS Palm Catalog.

When I click on install it brings me to the Palm App Catalog which is normal enough, but when I get the App Catalog displayed, I am getting 'This is not a valid webOS Application'.

I then went into the Palm App Catalog, without using Preware, and did a search for that program and I can't find it?

So is it available, and if not, way is Preware stating that it is and is available? Is Preware looking at things it should not be looking at, or processing info not correctly?

Thank you!

Rob

PS Looks like a nice app with some good features.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    HELP Please!

I just ran Preware and looked at the available new apps, and found an app that I wanted to install.

The app is titled 'Network Tools' version 1.0.0 ID com.rsnet.networktools FEEDS Palm Catalog.

When I click on install it brings me to the Palm App Catalog which is normal enough, but when I get the App Catalog displayed, I am getting 'This is not a valid webOS Application'.

I then went into the Palm App Catalog, without using Preware, and did a search for that program and I can't find it?

So is it available, and if not, way is Preware stating that it is and is available? Is Preware looking at things it should not be looking at, or processing info not correctly?

Thank you!

Rob

PS Looks like a nice app with some good features.
    Preware shows what is in the RSS XML feeds that Palm provides.

If that doesn't match reality, there's not a lot we can do about it.

It is the case that Preware will show you applications that may or may not be available to your particular Palm Profile in your geographic region.

-- Rod
    Preware shows what is in the RSS XML feeds that Palm provides.

If that doesn't match reality, there's not a lot we can do about it.

It is the case that Preware will show you applications that may or may not be available to your particular Palm Profile in your geographic region.

-- Rod
    I hope this not regional, and just a problem.

Did you read the description of this app. It looks to have some functions that we would want. The geeks in us!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

That seems to be a problem localised to your machine. No one else is having such problems.

Provide the output of "ls -l /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/lists" please to allow us to debug your issue.

-- Rod
    root@palm-webos-device: ls -l /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/lists
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1262 Jan 15 15:50 optware
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 16709 Jan 15 15:50 optware-armv7
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 697810 Jan 15 15:50 precentral
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 194862 Jan 15 15:50 precentral-themes
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 671715328 Jan 15 16:12 prethemer
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 179949 Jan 12 15:50 webos-patches
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 27891 Jan 12 15:49 webosinternals
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 10352 Jan 12 15:49 webosinternals-armv7
    root@palm-webos-device:
    Does the current version of Preware require us to uninstall it before downloading updates?

I had read something (somewhere) about upcoming changes to Preware that would not require us to remove anything installed before downloading updates.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    HELP Please!

Just tried it on my Pre - downloaded fine and works.

(Nice app - thanks for pointing it out)
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rklein8 View Post
    i'm having trouble getting preware to work properly the last couple days. when it launches and checks the feed, it returns an error:
    "OnFeeds Error
    TypeError: Cannot call method 'split' of undefined"
    with an Ok button.

i'm using Preware 0.9.18 and Package Manager Service 0.9.31 on a Sprint Pre running WebOS 1.3.5.1. it is in devmode, and i've tried uninstalling & reinstalling Preware via WOQI. any other help/tips?
    I started getting this error last night

Figured I'd uninstall PMS & Preware...but couldn't usePreware to do so, so grabbed latest WOSQI, which I had never used before

I got in & uninstalled PMS & Preware...watching at terminal looked like it issed a luna rescan

After that, no icons on launcher pages! NONE!

Also couldn't flip through pages, or if I was couldn't tell because they were all blank!

I did a SYM+Orange+R & when it cane back, samt thing!

I used WebOS Repair...found nothing wrong with files

Doctor'ed it w/o a partial/full erase & when it came back I had all 5 pages on the launcher

Reinstalled PMS & Preware with bootstrap method from Terminal, and now have patches showing as installed

Gonna do a Full erase & Doctor to 1.3.5.1 later on today
    It pretty much goes without saying that preware is the best thing going and when we get all these updates (hopefully alot more to come) the emergency patch recovery is a great plus. I have seen some developers creating a patch that has a group of patches under one name, is it possible to create an app or option on preware to create and save a custome grouping of patches for a user? I know this seems like a small or silly thing to ask but I like alot of the patches that are out there and after every emergency recovery and update I do I have to go through the list of adding my various choices back. I'm obviously not a developer just a faithful user so not even sure something like this is possible. what do ya'll think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.S.Hardy View Post
    It pretty much goes without saying that preware is the best thing going and when we get all these updates (hopefully alot more to come) the emergency patch recovery is a great plus. I have seen some developers creating a patch that has a group of patches under one name, is it possible to create an app or option on preware to create and save a custome grouping of patches for a user? I know this seems like a small or silly thing to ask but I like alot of the patches that are out there and after every emergency recovery and update I do I have to go through the list of adding my various choices back. I'm obviously not a developer just a faithful user so not even sure something like this is possible. what do ya'll think?
    Mike -- I'm not a developer either... but I suspect those at WebOS Internals would first point you a quick 30-something post thread here:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2085787

It's not going to be implemented exactly the way you propose, but in effect it would yield the same results for you.... It's in Alpha testing now I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by crucian4 View Post
    root@palm-webos-device: ls -l /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/lists
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1262 Jan 15 15:50 optware
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 16709 Jan 15 15:50 optware-armv7
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 697810 Jan 15 15:50 precentral
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 194862 Jan 15 15:50 precentral-themes
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 671715328 Jan 15 16:12 prethemer
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 179949 Jan 12 15:50 webos-patches
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 27891 Jan 12 15:49 webosinternals
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 10352 Jan 12 15:49 webosinternals-armv7
    root@palm-webos-device:
    There's something wrong with your prethemer feed - look at the file size.

Remove that file and update feeds.

-- Rod