Page 245 of 305 FirstFirst ... 145195235240241242243244245246247248249250255295 ... LastLast
Results 4,881 to 4,900 of 6094
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I was assisting my brother with installing webos quick install. I am getting a message "no device found" when I click on the arrow to select package service and preware. I am in developer mode, I double checked that and selected the option under file to re/install novacom. what else should I try?
    Quote Originally Posted by marq22 View Post
    I was assisting my brother with installing webos quick install. I am getting a message "no device found" when I click on the arrow to select package service and preware. I am in developer mode, I double checked that and selected the option under file to re/install novacom. what else should I try?
    u have to restart novacom...best way it to go to start type services....go to palm novacom and hit restart
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by marq22 View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...l-v2-96-a.html

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I downloaded Webos quick install and installed preware now my when I plug my phone into my computer is will not bring up the options to use the usb or sync it will charge and this is all....please help
    Quote Originally Posted by kattbugg04 View Post
    I downloaded Webos quick install and installed preware now my when I plug my phone into my computer is will not bring up the options to use the usb or sync it will charge and this is all....please help
    Preware itself does not affect that.

Certain patches that you can install using Preware may affect that.

-- Rod
    do I need to uninstall to get it back that I know of I did not install any other patches
    Nope. Tap on the usb icon in the message area of your phone and all the options should come up.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    It no longer show any other options like it did before I installed the preware. Before I installed I had no problems and when I would plug in my usb it would immediately give me the option to charge, sync or just usb now nothing. I really need help!! If I uninstall the preware will it help or do I need to restore my computer and just leave the preware alone?
    Quote Originally Posted by kattbugg04 View Post
    It no longer show any other options like it did before I installed the preware. Before I installed I had no problems and when I would plug in my usb it would immediately give me the option to charge, sync or just usb now nothing. I really need help!! If I uninstall the preware will it help or do I need to restore my computer and just leave the preware alone?
    Problem solved thanks for all who replied!!!
    Sorry, I have problem with install custom feed.
    I use preware 0.9.18, package manager service 0.9.34 on GSM Pre 1.3.5.2
    In my preware, there are 10 sources, total 14 feeds. I want to add a custom feed but there is no "adding feed widget" in "Manage feeds".
    In my preware, there are 10 sources, total 14 feeds. I want to add a custom feed but there is no "adding feed widget" in "Manage feeds".
    Quote Originally Posted by gripen View Post
    That is correct, there is no add feed capability in the user interface.

What is the feed URL you wish to add?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    hey i need help sorry to ask but i really miss preware. i had preware on my phone and since the 1.3.5 update i couldnt get it back i updated my quickinstall and package service but when i go to preware it says error, something spit or slit not something then doesnt let me open it up. any help will be s0 apreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by boobie11 View Post
    hey i need help sorry to ask but i really miss preware. i had preware on my phone and since the 1.3.5 update i couldnt get it back i updated my quickinstall and package service but when i go to preware it says error, something spit or slit not something then doesnt let me open it up. any help will be s0 apreciated
    You need to use WebOS Quick Install 2.96 or later (earlier versions will not work) to install Preware 0.9.18 and Package Manager Service 0.9.34 - do not use fileCoaster, or palm-install, or PreLoad, or PreBrew.

http://install.preware.org/

-- Rod
    thanks but no luck, now everytime i try insalling preware and package services into my pre for webousquickisall, the ipgk does not leave the screen, and does not come onto my phone any advice
    Question? If I install a patch/es via WSQI 2.96 I see it shows up in Preware. What I would like to know is this: It shows one version installed with a box icon, but in the patch list on Preware the same pacth shows as not installed. Are they different? and if so, how so?? Also if there is an update for the patch installed via WSQI 2.96, will it update in Preware?

Thanks
  17. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geneziz View Post
    Question? If I install a patch/es via WSQI 2.96 I see it shows up in Preware. What I would like to know is this: It shows one version installed with a box icon, but in the patch list on Preware the same pacth shows as not installed. Are they different? and if so, how so?? Also if there is an update for the patch installed via WSQI 2.96, will it update in Preware?

Thanks
    Which patch?? There used to be some compatibility issues between WebOS QuickInstall and Preware where some tweaks/patches weren't "cross-recognized", but this was supposedly worked out already. If you can provide more info on which patch and what version you're seeing in QuickInstall and which version you're seeing in Preware, it'll be easier for everyone to help. The simple answer is, though, that any patch installed in one should be recognized in the other.
    Don't know if this is common...

I updated internalz and preware today (in that order), and after which I went to update the next 15 apps in the "Updates available" section of preware. Normally the "Update all" button is there winking & teasing me but today it seemed to finally have a function! Anyway after clicking it, preware started churning through them one by one and after it finished every app it updated is still showing up in the "Updates available" list.

Just a heads up for the dev's!
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    Which patch?? There used to be some compatibility issues between WebOS QuickInstall and Preware where some tweaks/patches weren't "cross-recognized", but this was supposedly worked out already. If you can provide more info on which patch and what version you're seeing in QuickInstall and which version you're seeing in Preware, it'll be easier for everyone to help. The simple answer is, though, that any patch installed in one should be recognized in the other.
    I have installed the following 2 patches via WSQI 2.96:
    Advanced Reset Options v1.3.5-3 - Jason Robitalle
    Advanced Options in Launcher v1.3.5.1-1 - Jason Robitalle
    I would assume as that Jason maintains this site that his would be the most current versions.

I see in Preware they are listed with different version numbers as follows:
    Advanced Options in Launcher v1.3.5-12 - Jason Robitalle
    Advanced Reset Options v1.3.5-12 - Jason Robitalle

Are they listed differently so that they can be told apart from one site to the other? Or are they the same and if so why don't they show as installed via Preware. Instead of both versions showing (one installed and one not). Meaning green arrow and only one being listed as installed to eliminate confusion. (which version would you say is the most current?)

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by geneziz; 01/18/2010 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Left out some info
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Probably no preware issue, but it occured after updating preware and package manager service. Updating from Palm Beta feed stalls in App Catalog on "installing...". Checkbook Beta to be precise.