Page 245 of 305 FirstFirst ... 145195235240241242243244245246247248249250255295 ... LastLast
Results 4,881 to 4,900 of 6094
  1. Marq22's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #4881  
    I was assisting my brother with installing webos quick install. I am getting a message "no device found" when I click on the arrow to select package service and preware. I am in developer mode, I double checked that and selected the option under file to re/install novacom. what else should I try?
  2. #4882  
    Quote Originally Posted by marq22 View Post
    I was assisting my brother with installing webos quick install. I am getting a message "no device found" when I click on the arrow to select package service and preware. I am in developer mode, I double checked that and selected the option under file to re/install novacom. what else should I try?
    u have to restart novacom...best way it to go to start type services....go to palm novacom and hit restart
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  3. #4883  
    Quote Originally Posted by marq22 View Post
    I was assisting my brother with installing webos quick install. I am getting a message "no device found" when I click on the arrow to select package service and preware. I am in developer mode, I double checked that and selected the option under file to re/install novacom. what else should I try?
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...l-v2-96-a.html

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  4. #4884  
    I downloaded Webos quick install and installed preware now my when I plug my phone into my computer is will not bring up the options to use the usb or sync it will charge and this is all....please help
  5. #4885  
    Quote Originally Posted by kattbugg04 View Post
    I downloaded Webos quick install and installed preware now my when I plug my phone into my computer is will not bring up the options to use the usb or sync it will charge and this is all....please help
    Preware itself does not affect that.

    Certain patches that you can install using Preware may affect that.

    -- Rod
  6. #4886  
    do I need to uninstall to get it back that I know of I did not install any other patches
  7. #4887  
    Nope. Tap on the usb icon in the message area of your phone and all the options should come up.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity



    Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  8. #4888  
    It no longer show any other options like it did before I installed the preware. Before I installed I had no problems and when I would plug in my usb it would immediately give me the option to charge, sync or just usb now nothing. I really need help!! If I uninstall the preware will it help or do I need to restore my computer and just leave the preware alone?
  9. #4889  
    Quote Originally Posted by kattbugg04 View Post
    It no longer show any other options like it did before I installed the preware. Before I installed I had no problems and when I would plug in my usb it would immediately give me the option to charge, sync or just usb now nothing. I really need help!! If I uninstall the preware will it help or do I need to restore my computer and just leave the preware alone?
    Problem solved thanks for all who replied!!!
  10. #4890  
    Sorry, I have problem with install custom feed.
    I use preware 0.9.18, package manager service 0.9.34 on GSM Pre 1.3.5.2
    In my preware, there are 10 sources, total 14 feeds. I want to add a custom feed but there is no "adding feed widget" in "Manage feeds".
  11. #4891  
    Sorry, I have problem with install custom feed.
    I use preware 0.9.18, package manager service 0.9.34 on GSM Pre 1.3.5.2
    In my preware, there are 10 sources, total 14 feeds. I want to add a custom feed but there is no "adding feed widget" in "Manage feeds".
  12. #4892  
    Quote Originally Posted by gripen View Post
    Sorry, I have problem with install custom feed.
    I use preware 0.9.18, package manager service 0.9.34 on GSM Pre 1.3.5.2
    In my preware, there are 10 sources, total 14 feeds. I want to add a custom feed but there is no "adding feed widget" in "Manage feeds".
    That is correct, there is no add feed capability in the user interface.

    What is the feed URL you wish to add?

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  13. #4893  
    hey i need help sorry to ask but i really miss preware. i had preware on my phone and since the 1.3.5 update i couldnt get it back i updated my quickinstall and package service but when i go to preware it says error, something spit or slit not something then doesnt let me open it up. any help will be s0 apreciated
  14. #4894  
    Quote Originally Posted by boobie11 View Post
    hey i need help sorry to ask but i really miss preware. i had preware on my phone and since the 1.3.5 update i couldnt get it back i updated my quickinstall and package service but when i go to preware it says error, something spit or slit not something then doesnt let me open it up. any help will be s0 apreciated
    You need to use WebOS Quick Install 2.96 or later (earlier versions will not work) to install Preware 0.9.18 and Package Manager Service 0.9.34 - do not use fileCoaster, or palm-install, or PreLoad, or PreBrew.

    http://install.preware.org/

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  15. #4895  
    thanks but no luck, now everytime i try insalling preware and package services into my pre for webousquickisall, the ipgk does not leave the screen, and does not come onto my phone any advice
  16. #4896  
    Question? If I install a patch/es via WSQI 2.96 I see it shows up in Preware. What I would like to know is this: It shows one version installed with a box icon, but in the patch list on Preware the same pacth shows as not installed. Are they different? and if so, how so?? Also if there is an update for the patch installed via WSQI 2.96, will it update in Preware?

    Thanks
  17. ay
    ay is offline
    ay's Avatar
    Posts
    720 Posts
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    #4897  
    Quote Originally Posted by geneziz View Post
    Question? If I install a patch/es via WSQI 2.96 I see it shows up in Preware. What I would like to know is this: It shows one version installed with a box icon, but in the patch list on Preware the same pacth shows as not installed. Are they different? and if so, how so?? Also if there is an update for the patch installed via WSQI 2.96, will it update in Preware?

    Thanks
    Which patch?? There used to be some compatibility issues between WebOS QuickInstall and Preware where some tweaks/patches weren't "cross-recognized", but this was supposedly worked out already. If you can provide more info on which patch and what version you're seeing in QuickInstall and which version you're seeing in Preware, it'll be easier for everyone to help. The simple answer is, though, that any patch installed in one should be recognized in the other.
  18. #4898  
    Don't know if this is common...

    I updated internalz and preware today (in that order), and after which I went to update the next 15 apps in the "Updates available" section of preware. Normally the "Update all" button is there winking & teasing me but today it seemed to finally have a function! Anyway after clicking it, preware started churning through them one by one and after it finished every app it updated is still showing up in the "Updates available" list.

    Just a heads up for the dev's!
  19. #4899  
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    Which patch?? There used to be some compatibility issues between WebOS QuickInstall and Preware where some tweaks/patches weren't "cross-recognized", but this was supposedly worked out already. If you can provide more info on which patch and what version you're seeing in QuickInstall and which version you're seeing in Preware, it'll be easier for everyone to help. The simple answer is, though, that any patch installed in one should be recognized in the other.
    I have installed the following 2 patches via WSQI 2.96:
    Advanced Reset Options v1.3.5-3 - Jason Robitalle
    Advanced Options in Launcher v1.3.5.1-1 - Jason Robitalle
    I would assume as that Jason maintains this site that his would be the most current versions.

    I see in Preware they are listed with different version numbers as follows:
    Advanced Options in Launcher v1.3.5-12 - Jason Robitalle
    Advanced Reset Options v1.3.5-12 - Jason Robitalle

    Are they listed differently so that they can be told apart from one site to the other? Or are they the same and if so why don't they show as installed via Preware. Instead of both versions showing (one installed and one not). Meaning green arrow and only one being listed as installed to eliminate confusion. (which version would you say is the most current?)

    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by geneziz; 01/18/2010 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Left out some info
  20. spud101's Avatar
    Posts
    868 Posts
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    #4900  
    Probably no preware issue, but it occured after updating preware and package manager service. Updating from Palm Beta feed stalls in App Catalog on "installing...". Checkbook Beta to be precise.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions