Page 242 of 305 FirstFirst ... 142192232237238239240241242243244245246247252292 ... LastLast
Results 4,821 to 4,840 of 6094
    Yes, I did update package Manager as per the instructions I found somewhere on this forum (can't find them anymore).

What do you mean by partial or full erase? Pls elaborate on that.
    Last edited by crowning73; 01/14/2010 at 06:01 AM.
    cucu? any authority out there who can explain possibly without using monosyllables? much appreciated, thanks
    Peware now lists also the official App Catalog. Unfortunately the catalog mentions whether or not an app is available for my country (Germany) only after downloading the file. I find this quite frustrating apart from the fact that this denial policy in itself is already very strange. I buy regularly PC and Mac software from US sources and I never was denied a free demo download or a purchase.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I cannot see the latest version of preware in preware??? When will the feed be updated to include it? 0.9.12 is the version I see.
    Hi,

as here in Germany a lot of applications are not available in the app catalogue we receive often the message "This application is not available for your country". To clean up the list of available apps it would be great to have an feed, that only shows up the Apps available in Germany.
    Of course only as additional feed so that you can decide which one you like to use.

As i have no idea how such a feed is created I'm here to ask if somebody can help out.

Regards from Germany,

Kai
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Rod et al, Just a question I didn't see an obvious response to in the past few pages.
    If we don't mind the regular catalog AND if we just see the Preware feed as slowing down loading (like themes that I don't use) should we just turn off the feeds from AppCat?

Would I be missing some advantage I am not thinking of? (which is the whole point of my question...hoping for some kind of 'aha' thing :-) )
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Just started messing around with homebrew. Precentral and preware is awesome and much thanks for all the hard work dev's have done for people like me that no nothing about this stuff if you dont have preware whut are you waiting for just do a little reading before you download and your good to go. For every problem you have there is someone here to help best community I have ever been a part of thanks to you all.
    have searched the forums so please excuse me if this has been covered:

due to a necessary webosdoctoring I had to reinstall Preware + Package Manager, et al from webosquickinstall. However Preware is not recognizing that Package manager is installed and thus I can not get any feeds. Halp!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conect11 View Post
    have searched the forums so please excuse me if this has been covered:

due to a necessary webosdoctoring I had to reinstall Preware + Package Manager, et al from webosquickinstall. However Preware is not recognizing that Package manager is installed and thus I can not get any feeds. Halp!
    Make sure you used WebOS Quick Install 2.96 or later.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Make sure you used WebOS Quick Install 2.96 or later.

-- Rod
    that did the trick, you are the man!
    im having 2 problems. 1st i have windows xp and i used preware and before. after the lastest pre updat, i couldnt get my preware working so i deleted it, not know that there was a way to get it working. i updated my java to the lastest and updated to the latest preware installer. when i hook up the pre and set it to dev mode and hit install, the button stays greyed out and never finish. whats going on. number 2 is, my quick install is updated too and i cant get any of the menus to work. when hit the drop down menu and click something tweaks and etc., nothing happens. help me plz......
    anybodys else's preware just stop working?
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    got to work again I had to uninstall and reinstall again!!! but there are no theme that show up now.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    got to work again I had to uninstall and reinstall again!!! but there are no theme that show up now.
    Yeah there seems to be something wrong with prethemer. The site is not loading at all which i believe is affecting the feed in Preware.
    your not alone
    updated package manager service and now preware doesn't load
    It appears that the prethemer feed is causing Preware not to load. Wait till Preware errors and stops loading feeds, then disable the pretheme feed and update again.

Edit: By the way, when ever the pretheme feed starts working again, don't forget to re-enable it. If you care about themes at least.
    Last edited by DeathsArrow; 01/16/2010 at 08:30 AM.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I got on here to see if other were having problem because Preware will not load for me either. I received three different errors on of which saying package manager services is not install, which it is as I updated it last night. Gonna remover pretherer feed and see what happens. Restarted phone at least 4 times as well as a few luna and java restarts but no luck.
    Same here. After I updated the Package Manager Service, Preware won't load. I get an error message about the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by phat55cat View Post
    updated package manager service and now preware doesn't load
    I'm not getting any errors prewware is just not loading at all. I put my phone in airplane mode and preware still won't load I can't even disable prethemer that seems to be F-ing everything up