Page 24 of 305 FirstFirst ... 1419202122232425262728293474124 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by joshwithachance View Post
    preware or preload, which is better?
    Not to jump on you but this has been asked ad nauseum. A simple search would turn up a number of answers. Try this for starters, http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...-too-many.html.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    Not to jump on you but this has been asked ad nauseum. A simple search would turn up a number of answers. Try this for starters, http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...-too-many.html.
    atleast i didnt open a new thread about it lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshwithachance View Post
    atleast i didnt open a new thread about it lol.
    You deserve a point for that.
    preware or preload, which is better?
    There are many other existing threads on this subject where people can give their subjective opinions on this question. Please, let's not use this thread for such subjective opinions which never have one correct answer.

The facts are that PreLoad is open source, and the developers of PreLoad and Preware are in continuous contact on the open ipkg repository standards as well as the underlying techniques on how to install packages properly. As for the UI, that's usually personal choice.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    hey guys I'm moving and in my new apt I don't internet yet...I'll like to know if I can update the service package and preware from preware and one more question I uninstall v keyboard I'm suppose to uninstall GNU Patch too ??..
    Thank you so much and great job!
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    hey guys I'm moving and in my new apt I don't internet yet...I'll like to know if I can update the service package and preware from preware and one more question I uninstall v keyboard I'm suppose to uninstall GNU Patch too ??..!
    service, no. preware, yes. (see the wiki page for details).

gnu patch, no.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Thanx rod ... Then I have to wait or look for some hot spot to update I'm using 8.2 !!!!
    I did the whole preware thing. It's on my phone and everything, but when i try installing things from my phone it's not working. It only installed like 10 or something. Now it won't do any. I restarted my phone twice.
    What should I do?
    Quote Originally Posted by ohdangitssana View Post
    I did the whole preware thing. It's on my phone and everything, but when i try installing things from my phone it's not working. It only installed like 10 or something. Now it won't do any. I restarted my phone twice.
    What should I do?
    What did you use to attempt the installations that didn't work? Preware or the Palm App Catalog installer?

If the latter, please read up on the threads on PreCentral that talk about the app limit. It's not a Preware problem.

-- Rod
    do you have the new version? i had the same problem then i upgraded and it works good now
    Is preware considered a tweak?
    do i have to remove them before 1.2 comes out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    Is preware considered a tweak?
    do i have to remove them before 1.2 comes out?
    Preware is an application, which uses a Package Manager service.

What would lead you to believe it is considered a tweak?

You do not need to remove Preware or the Package Manager Service before upgrading webOS.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Preware is an application, which uses a Package Manager service.

What would lead you to believe it is considered a tweak?

You do not need to remove Preware or the Package Manager Service before upgrading webOS.

-- Rod
    thanks for the information
    just wanted to make sure because of package manager.
    just a little different having to install a app for another to work
    Is there anyway to see the progress of the download as the app is installing? or do we just have to assume that when the install button disappears all is well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    thanks for the information
    just wanted to make sure because of package manager.
    just a little different having to install a app for another to work
    The latest version of PreLoad from the WebOSGroup can also make use of the Package Manager Service. That is one of the strengths of open source advanced homebrew.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by atomichumbucker View Post
    Is there anyway to see the progress of the download as the app is installing? or do we just have to assume that when the install button disappears all is well?
    There is currently no way to see the progress of the download. You should (apart from when you update Preware itself) see a popup at the end of the installation telling you whether it succeeded or not.

-- Rod
    Thanks for this product... but you don't have a Pre?! WOW!!
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    I just downloaded last week. I have version 0.7.7 I tried the wifi solution first, that didn't work. I can not figure out how to upgrade. I tried re-installing with the webos off the computer, that didn't fix. How do I take it off using web os? Sorry, I feel like an ***** right now, and I am pretty tech savvy, but this has me stumped.
    i just dled preware in hopes of then dling the patch for the virtual keyboard, but when i opened preware i saw that the "available patch" category section was grayed out and i couldn't access it.

i looked at the "list everything" option in preware and spotted virtual keyboard but couldn't download.

help anyone? i backtracked some pages, but thought it would be faster to just ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by the EEL View Post
    i just dled preware in hopes of then dling the patch for the virtual keyboard, but when i opened preware i saw that the "available patch" category section was grayed out and i couldn't access it.

i looked at the "list everything" option in preware and spotted virtual keyboard but couldn't download.

help anyone? i backtracked some pages, but thought it would be faster to just ask.
    Does Virtual Keyboard appear in your "Installed Packages" list?

-- Rod