Page 239 of 305 FirstFirst ... 139189229234235236237238239240241242243244249289 ... LastLast
Results 4,761 to 4,780 of 6094
    thanks apparently the precentral feed was off.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    alpha testing release now shows the following:
    excited as hell for this! It'll be amazing to not have to launch 2 (or 3 if you use AppScoop to look at the rapid release stuff) to search for Apps!

You guys are amazing!
    My preware seems like it has less of everything...
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Dr Rod,

Care to describe the "Palm Beta" feed?

I can't believe Palm opened even the feed to App Catalog.. Amazing!
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonperez View Post
    My preware seems like it has less of everything...
    You might need to uninstall and reinstall Preware/Package Manager Service if you haven't since the latest round of WebOS patches. My coworker didn't and he couldn't see the webos internals feed in preware until he reinstalled PMS/Preware.
    OK, potentially stupid question here, but is there any way for me to get 0.9.14? I realise that it is only in Alpha, but I'd love to try it out and help with testing it. I'm don't understand how to program and code for Linux, but I've done troubleshooting and IT in the past, and may be able to help from an "average Joe" perspective.

~Kelly

"Two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by rykatemom View Post
    OK, potentially stupid question here, but is there any way for me to get 0.9.14? I realise that it is only in Alpha, but I'd love to try it out and help with testing it. I'm don't understand how to program and code for Linux, but I've done troubleshooting and IT in the past, and may be able to help from an "average Joe" perspective.

Last three lines of Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

Be aware that this one *really* is an alpha, not a beta - there is lots of new code i both the service and the app, so there *will* be bugs.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Dr Rod,

Care to describe the "Palm Beta" feed?

I can't believe Palm opened even the feed to App Catalog.. Amazing!
    Custom Feeds - Palm Developer Center

This is exactly what Ben and Dion said they were going to do back when they first joined Palm. This company knows open source and community development and the power of social media.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Last three lines of Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

Be aware that this one *really* is an alpha, not a beta - there is lots of new code i both the service and the app, so there *will* be bugs.

-- Rod
    Ahh, ok. Thanks for the link. I am, however, about clueless when it comes to rooting my Pre. I am the adventurous sort, and have no problem doctoring my Pre if necessary, but I'd need a step-by-step walkthrough on how to install that. I'm willing to give it a go if someone will give me instructions how!

If not, no big deal, I'll eagerly await the new PreWare in WOSQI or on an update.

~Kelly

"Two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    If using QI you MUST use version 2.96 or later of QuickInstall to reinstall PMS/Preware
    Strange how im still getting the same problem. I'm going to take it to doc as my last resort now, again..
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    can i have both? or i have to unistall 0.9.12 first
    Quote Originally Posted by ferchope View Post
    can i have both? or i have to unistall 0.9.12 first
    You cannot have both. Be very sure that you want to be an alpha tester and find bugs before you do this.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    so my question wasn't answered on the last page. i ended up dr'ing my phone but preware still makes my phone lag. everytime i open preware it lags, then i get the too many cards error, then i end up having to reset my phone. i really love my phone but it kind of sucks not being able to tweak up my phone. any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrockkjs View Post
    so my question wasn't answered on the last page. i ended up dr'ing my phone but preware still makes my phone lag. everytime i open preware it lags, then i get the too many cards error, then i end up having to reset my phone. i really love my phone but it kind of sucks not being able to tweak up my phone. any help would be appreciated.
    Did you do a Full Erase before running the WebOS Doctor?

That's the only way to do a true and complete wipe of the device now.

-- Rod
    Anyway to currently install Preware w/ the most up-to-date WebOS? The WebOS update initially screwed up my phone and I had to restart w/ factory settings. Now can't put Preware back on. Is it a matter of waiting until the compatibility is restored?
    The compatibility is already restored, in fact it was never out of date!

I know this is not the answer you wanted bu you need to read! This ? has been answered 10 times in the last week in this very thread.

Go back a few pages until the date is about a week ago and start reading.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by afritz View Post
    Anyway to currently install Preware w/ the most up-to-date WebOS? The WebOS update initially screwed up my phone and I had to restart w/ factory settings. Now can't put Preware back on. Is it a matter of waiting until the compatibility is restored?
    http://install.preware.org/

-- Rod
    So i updated my phone to 1.3.5 and I did all the steps on the guide to install PMS and preware but it never installs, but instead it makes my phone lag and alot of the time it restarts my phone. it will install the PMS but never preware. it just keeps showing the installing logo on my computer until my phone messes up or I use task manager to stop it. Ive tried clearing my phone and using the doctor to restart it but it does the same thing everytime. can someone please help me?
    Quote Originally Posted by MosesXIII View Post
    So i updated my phone to 1.3.5 and I did all the steps on the guide to install PMS and preware but it never installs, but instead it makes my phone lag and alot of the time it restarts my phone. it will install the PMS but never preware. it just keeps showing the installing logo on my computer until my phone messes up or I use task manager to stop it. Ive tried clearing my phone and using the doctor to restart it but it does the same thing everytime. can someone please help me?
    Write down all the steps you took, including the versions of all the programs you used, and post the list here.

The most common cause of things not working is not using the latest version of WebOS Quick Install (2.96).

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    The patches i have installed don't show up in Preware.