Page 238 of 305 FirstFirst ... 138188228233234235236237238239240241242243248288 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,760 of 6094
    downloaded it yesterday and when i click on the icon to run it all that pops up is the loading screen and says

"OnFeeds Error TypeError:cannot read property 'lenghth' of undefined

does anyone know what this means and how to fix it? i can hit ok but all the preware icons will be greyed out and un-accessable
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I tried install the migration helper... but there was an error when trying to do that?

Obviously apps weren't downloading for me.

What should I try?
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcity1974 View Post
    I am getting the following error when I try to launch Preware: "TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined" I've seen a few suggestions to restart the Pre and/or uninstall Preware and package manager and reinstall it, etc, etc. I've done all suggestions and I continue to get the same error message. Does anyone have a real solution?
    Quote Originally Posted by chcapps View Post
    I am having the same problem as steelcity. Any answers? I'm sure it has been answered somewhere in this thread already, but cannot find one. Thanks.
    I think you two forgot to install the Package Manager Service.
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenPreed View Post
    I noticed a couple of days ago I wasnt able to find DOOM or Quake on Preware and thought nothing of it. Today I noticed the SuperTux game and had a flashback to my SUSE headfirst dive into Linux days... so obviously I wanted to get that. Couldnt find that either.

Is there a feed I am missing on Preware? can someone post a pic of their manage feeds that are showing these applications on Preware.

Installed DOOM and Quake through QuickInstall, prompty donated to the cause, and could do the same for ST but want the app to work properly for me =)
    Check the WebOS Internals feed URL in the Manage Feed page. If it says "feed", then you do not have the Package Manager Service installed correctly. It should be a URL at ipkg.preware.org ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Hey, I'm not sure what is wrong but when I try to load preware, my phone starts lagging and I can't do anything to my phone. I have to pull the battery out and restart my phone before I can do anything. I just want to remove my patches so I could install the 1.3.5.1 update. I also tried using webos qi and my phone does the same thing when I try to run the epr. I keep getting the memory critical warning also when that happens. Even when theres only one or nothing open. I could just dr my phone but I want to avoid that if I could. Any help would be appreciated and sorry for the long post.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Check the WebOS Internals feed URL in the Manage Feed page. If it says "feed", then you do not have the Package Manager Service installed correctly. It should be a URL at ipkg.preware.org ...

-- Rod
    It says feed. Delete and reinstall PMS via webOS Quick Install?
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenPreed View Post
    It says feed. Delete and reinstall PMS via webOS Quick Install?
    Yep.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I did a webosdoctor recovery last night. this morning i set the phone up and then updated the phone the the lastest update. installed preware. But before i ran webosdoctor i did not uninstall my patches. so when i put preware back on my pre it shows the patches for the youtube download that the patch is still installed but i dont think it is because when i try to remove it i get the error removing: ipkg log that says "unreversed patch detected! ignore -R?, skipping patch, 3 out of 3 hunks ignored saving reject:" then below that it says error generic method exception : failure during pre-remove script execution. How do i fix this so i can get this patch off so i can install it again so i can dl youtube videos. Anyone please?
    Quote Originally Posted by reissy View Post
    I did a webosdoctor recovery last night. this morning i set the phone up and then updated the phone the the lastest update. installed preware. But before i ran webosdoctor i did not uninstall my patches. so when i put preware back on my pre it shows the patches for the youtube download that the patch is still installed but i dont think it is because when i try to remove it i get the error removing: ipkg log that says "unreversed patch detected! ignore -R?, skipping patch, 3 out of 3 hunks ignored saving reject:" then below that it says error generic method exception : failure during pre-remove script execution. How do i fix this so i can get this patch off so i can install it again so i can dl youtube videos. Anyone please?

Yeah, I had the problem too, and found the solution or the problem is that the Palm Profile is storing this stuff.

What I did to fix this, is the do an Profile erase and then do the doctoring.

However, when doing that, you do lose your settings.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Yeah, I had the problem too, and found the solution or the problem is that the Palm Profile is storing this stuff.

What I did to fix this, is the do an Profile erase and then do the doctoring.

However, when doing that, you do lose your settings.

Rob
    Is the profile erase on palm's website? or can it be done on the phone itself?

Thanks for the update though man!
    Quote Originally Posted by reissy View Post
    Is the profile erase on palm's website? or can it be done on the phone itself?

Thanks for the update though man!
    On the phone itself, just go and turn off the backup option that erases the profile.

It will not erase the fact that you purchased apps.

But it will erase your mail settings and contact settings and any contacts that are stored in the Palm Profile.

In my case all my contacts are in Outlook and I use PocketMirror.

The other solution that someone mentioned, is to delete all patches before doing the upgrade and then make sure you do a backup of the Palm Profile to overwrite it.

But if you already did the upgrade, you will probably need to do it my way.

At least this cleared up all the issues with me.

I was OK with resetting everything from scratch.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    On the phone itself, just go and turn off the backup option that erases the profile.

It will not erase the fact that you purchased apps.

But it will erase your mail settings and contact settings and any contacts that are stored in the Palm Profile.

In my case all my contacts are in Outlook and I use PocketMirror.

The other solution that someone mentioned, is to delete all patches before doing the upgrade and then make sure you do a backup of the Palm Profile to overwrite it.

But if you already did the upgrade, you will probably need to do it my way.

At least this cleared up all the issues with me.

I was OK with resetting everything from scratch.

Rob
    I used EPR to remove all of my patches before I allowed the newest update to install. The patches are all gone, but PreWare still thinks that they are there, so I cannot install them again, and I cannot remove them. Every time I try to run EPR again, it says that I have canceled it. The QuickInstall EPR doesn't work, either, it says I have no patches installed. I would really prefer not to have to lose all of my contacts, messages, etc.

Does anyone have a better idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by theholyhermit View Post
    I used EPR to remove all of my patches before I allowed the newest update to install. The patches are all gone, but PreWare still thinks that they are there, so I cannot install them again, and I cannot remove them. Every time I try to run EPR again, it says that I have canceled it. The QuickInstall EPR doesn't work, either, it says I have no patches installed. I would really prefer not to have to lose all of my contacts, messages, etc.

even if u run the newest doctor ur not gonna lose anything
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Hi Everyone.
    Thanks to all for working on the pre..

I need help. After I got the webos 1.3.5 and now 1.3.5.1, I get the same app listed twice in the launcher after I install it from the app catalog.

The day before the webos update I installed preware and grabbed a them and one path with 4X4.. The next day I updgraded the os but didn't remove the patch and them. I didn't realise I needed to until I read the help. When I followed the instructions with using preware to remove the patches and themes, preware did not cleanly errase the patch and theme. I was able to install a theme and delete so that the defaults were back. But the patch I could never remove. Do you know how to remove this manually? Trying to regrab the patch, I get from preware that it already exists. Could this be related with my launcher problem. Also I did a full erase and partial errase.. both didn't help. Does anyone know how I could fix this?

Thanks!!
    Meg
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mulkeym View Post
    Hi Everyone.
    Thanks to all for working on the pre..

I need help. After I got the webos 1.3.5 and now 1.3.5.1, I get the same app listed twice in the launcher after I install it from the app catalog.

The day before the webos update I installed preware and grabbed a them and one path with 4X4.. The next day I updgraded the os but didn't remove the patch and them. I didn't realise I needed to until I read the help. When I followed the instructions with using preware to remove the patches and themes, preware did not cleanly errase the patch and theme. I was able to install a theme and delete so that the defaults were back. But the patch I could never remove. Do you know how to remove this manually? Trying to regrab the patch, I get from preware that it already exists. Could this be related with my launcher problem. Also I did a full erase and partial errase.. both didn't help. Does anyone know how I could fix this?

Thanks!!
    Meg
    1. First..... reboot....
    2. THen try running Emergency Migration Helper through and restart your phone. (only luna restart)
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    well I did that already before I did a full erase.. that didn't help.. It helped the basic problems with not being to able to get apps from catalog and saying must restart.. etc. but that was it.

I am trying to get preware back and then try again..
    I need help, when I open preware I get the error: onfeeds error type error: cannot call method 'split' of undefined? Preware was working great today idk what I did wrng only thing I did was download monopoly and sims 3 any help?
    My preware is showing that 13 applications are availible, isnt this a little low? i have doom and quake and i update my feeds everytime i start preware
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikegoatcheese View Post
    My preware is showing that 13 applications are availible, isnt this a little low? i have doom and quake and i update my feeds everytime i start preware
    Have you disabled any feeds in the Manage Feeds menu item?

Preware public release should show over 300 applications, and the alpha testing release now shows the following:

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 01/09/2010 at 08:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by theholyhermit View Post

What I did is this:

Go into WebOSQI and go to the Tools menu, then Device Management. On the right side of this window will be a list of all the apps/patches/whatever the phone thinks you have installed. If those patches are still listed there, check them and hit remove. It will try, then pop an error. The important thing though is then the patch name will be removed from your list there, so when you go back into Preware you can install it again.