Page 237 of 305 FirstFirst ... 137187227232233234235236237238239240241242247287 ... LastLast
Results 4,721 to 4,740 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmodiar View Post
    I did this...and I am still getting the "fixing unknown packages" at startup and says there are 30 of these...

Help?
    I seem to keep getting overlooked. :-(

Would someone be so kind as to help me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmodiar View Post
    I seem to keep getting overlooked. :-(

Would someone be so kind as to help me.
    That is not an error - I assume you have about 30 app catalog apps installed?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That is not an error - I assume you have about 30 app catalog apps installed?

-- Rod
    Probably something like that, yeah. I appreciate you letting me know, even if I do feel like an ***** now. :-/

Is this a new thing that it says "fixing" or have I just never noticed it before?
    So I've been using Preware ok in the past, but I got myself into a holdup with it now. I updated some packages that had updates available, then after trying to open Preware back up I get a message saying "The package Manager Service is not running. Did you remember to install it? If you did, first try restarting Preware, then try rebooting your phone and not launching Preware until you have a stable network connection available."

Once I press ok on that message, it goes to the Preware main screen but has everything gray'ed out, and doesn't let me click anything.

If I open WebOS quick install/device management, it doesn't list preware in the applications tab for me to unistall it.

Can someone shed some light on this for me please? I'm still new to a lot of this on the Pre. Thanks
    Q. Once I've installed the theme of my choice, how do I get it to actually load on my Pre instead of the default theme?
    How did you "install" it? Do you have WebOS quick install on your computer? If so just download the theme to your computer, or use the button/link in quick install to connect you to the page that has themes to download, and after that just click "themer" and once you locate the theme you want to load click on the theme file to load.

This is how I've been doing it.

If there is a better way someone feel free to correct me.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    Thanks for all the great work getting Preware working on 1.3.5. I'm seeing one weird little problem on my phone at the moment but I'm not sure if it's Preware's fault; I've installed two patches via WebOS Quick Install (as they're not in the Preware feeds), and both patches now always show up at the very top of the "List of Everything," view in Preware. This seems to be because the "Last updated," date in both isn't set properly, or read properly by Preware or something (one shows as 10/20/969 12:40AM), and the other as 1/6/964 3:25 PM).

Is there any way to get these to stop appearing at the very top in Preware?
    I'm still having this problem, and haven't found a solution yet; is there any way to fix this? I've attached a couple of new screenshots showing this issue below.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am getting the following error when I try to launch Preware: "TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined" I've seen a few suggestions to restart the Pre and/or uninstall Preware and package manager and reinstall it, etc, etc. I've done all suggestions and I continue to get the same error message. Does anyone have a real solution?
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kurtreinhold View Post
    Q. Once I've installed the theme of my choice, how do I get it to actually load on my Pre instead of the default theme?
    If you rebooted and its still not working, then you need to uninstall via preware (assuming you installed via preware), then install via webOSquickinstall.

I have the mizzou theme and it did not work through preware, BUT did through manually installing via WEBOSQI.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Hi all, i just wanted to post this question here as it pertains to having Preware and Package manager installed...

I have noticed that my Pre runs a bit slower than my wife's Pre. I have preware and all the homebrew patches and things while she has it bone stock with only App Catalog programs. Has anyone else experienced this? Keep in mind that I did a Doctor Clean boot and installed everything so there are not old files and code running around. All new and upgraded code.

Is this something that happens a lot?

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcity1974 View Post
    I am getting the following error when I try to launch Preware: "TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined" I've seen a few suggestions to restart the Pre and/or uninstall Preware and package manager and reinstall it, etc, etc. I've done all suggestions and I continue to get the same error message. Does anyone have a real solution?
    I am having the same problem as steelcity. Any answers? I'm sure it has been answered somewhere in this thread already, but cannot find one. Thanks.
    I can honestly say that the only thing good about 11.3.5.1 is that for some reason MyTether finally works with my computer and the speed is good. But Preware, patches, etc. is totally screwed up. Ipk errors all day.
    Quote Originally Posted by blakcivicsi View Post
    So I've been using Preware ok in the past, but I got myself into a holdup with it now. I updated some packages that had updates available, then after trying to open Preware back up I get a message saying "The package Manager Service is not running. Did you remember to install it? If you did, first try restarting Preware, then try rebooting your phone and not launching Preware until you have a stable network connection available."

Once I press ok on that message, it goes to the Preware main screen but has everything gray'ed out, and doesn't let me click anything.

If I open WebOS quick install/device management, it doesn't list preware in the applications tab for me to unistall it.

Can someone shed some light on this for me please? I'm still new to a lot of this on the Pre. Thanks
    Use the WebOSQuickStart to remove preware, package service manager and then re-install everything from scratch. If you haven't upgrade to 1.3.5.1 do it so first before re-installing everything.

Juan C.
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcity1974 View Post
    You need to use the latest version of WebOSQuickInstall to reinstall package management service and preware I was getting the same and solve it that way.

Juan C.
    Did new 1.3.5 web os doctor and re-set the phone. First time after the reset I updated to 1.3.5.1 and had the ipk errors, this time i ran the doctor again and did not update to 1.3.5.1 and all patches install perfectly with preware and webosquick install and mytether still works. wooohh
    and for some reason i had to get my phone fixed for something else and it deleated all my apps etc so i went to my hombrew and was goin to down loaded again and i cant do it and also i cant find were i got it from in the first place .. im blond little dumb can you help.. thank you jeff
    So I kept trying to install TweeFree from the App Catalog since 1.3.5 and it kept failing... finally found out what the problem was, which apparently had to do with the App Catalog picking up on the Preware feed and having a different md5sum in the list. I manually edited the preware feed to have a different name/information and it allowed me to install without a problem.

So, just be aware that apps that are in both the App Catalog and Preware might have trouble, esp. from the App Catalog (it seems).
    hey can anyone help me with preware because most of the time i try download an app using preware a message containing Error installing: See IPKG Log......what do i do please help me
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I noticed a couple of days ago I wasnt able to find DOOM or Quake on Preware and thought nothing of it. Today I noticed the SuperTux game and had a flashback to my SUSE headfirst dive into Linux days... so obviously I wanted to get that. Couldnt find that either.

Is there a feed I am missing on Preware? can someone post a pic of their manage feeds that are showing these applications on Preware.

Installed DOOM and Quake through QuickInstall, prompty donated to the cause, and could do the same for ST but want the app to work properly for me =)
    hi, I saw three patches updates in preware and I don't remember if can I update without removing them?

thanks!